3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

no one here

May 15, 2017
i need help can anyone post their render settings or any tips i have tried rending images with many different settings and the models face always looks rough/noisy i have had samples up high and low no change any help would be much appreciated i use blender

Last edited:

no one here

May 15, 2017
also does anyone know how to sort this out does it matter? it appears when i close blender can still use it normally 1635939446982.png

XtremePain

May 13, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a problem, I don't know if you can help me. What happens is that I am trying to apply a preset to a genesis 3 actor, but despite everything it seems not to work, am I doing something wrong? the asset I am using is . Here you can see a screenshot.
Captura de pantalla 2021-11-08 073938.png
I would greatly appreciate your help

Aug 28, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a problem, I don't know if you can help me. What happens is that I am trying to apply a preset to a genesis 3 actor, but despite everything it seems not to work, am I doing something wrong? the asset I am using is . Here you can see a screenshot.
View attachment 1490914
I would greatly appreciate your help
Have you installed "Genesis 3 Female Head and Body Morphs" required morphs?

Reactions: XtremePain
Aug 28, 2021
It's on the same character? If so, maybe Genesis 3 and 7 (I suppose Teen Josie is for G7) have differents eyes textures and/or architectures? You will need someone who know more about DS than me to get an answer.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Now I did, that helped, thanks man. But now I have problems with the eyes and lips, do you know what things I am missing? Sorry to ask again.
We have no way to know what is missing, but the error message says: "see the log file for details".
You should do that and it will indicate the missing files (log file is in help>troubleshooting)

XtremePain

May 13, 2021
It's on the same character? If so, maybe Genesis 3 and 7 (I suppose Teen Josie is for G7) have differents eyes textures and/or architectures? You will need someone who know more about DS than me to get an answer.
I fixed it by downloading the teen josie 7 pro bundle. It seems that what I downloaded was "teen josie for teen josie 8" and it didn't work because I didn't have teen josie 8

quickstart

May 17, 2021
I'm probably going to come off sounding stupid, but here goes.

I'm super new to Daz 3D and my original goal was just to create some simple custom renders with BaD characters. I spent a lot of time googling and messing around with daz but feel as though I got basically nowhere.

I gathered that the figures are made up of various parts of assets, but is there someplace I can get, say, a full asset of Bella from BaD that I could just plop in and pose/render? It seems impossible to me to recreate her from scratch, would be a massive time undertaking.

Sorry if this is a dumb or often asked question.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019

I'm super new to Daz 3D and my original goal was just to create some simple custom renders with BaD characters. I spent a lot of time googling and messing around with daz but feel as though I got basically nowhere.

I gathered that the figures are made up of various parts of assets, but is there someplace I can get, say, a full asset of Bella from BaD that I could just plop in and pose/render? It seems impossible to me to recreate her from scratch, would be a massive time undertaking.

quickstart This is not a dumb question, but this is the wrong thread. If you want info on BaD or on some of its chars, you are more likely to find someone that can answer you either on the BaD thread, or, even better, on the BaD fan art thread. https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece

quickstart

May 17, 2021
quickstart This is not a dumb question, but this is the wrong thread. If you want info on BaD or on some of its chars, you are more likely to find someone that can answer you either on the BaD thread, or, even better, on the BaD fan art thread. https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/
Thank you. So it is possible then to share characters like that (a full/complete model of a character from an AVN) and I wouldnt have to recreate from scratch?

From scratch just seems like such a daunting task.

Apr 18, 2021

Yes it is possible but what you need is to have the character packaged as a "character preset". These preset files are essentially what you buy if you purchase a full character from the Daz store like "Victoria". Since you're dealing with custom characters, they have not yet been packaged in this way. You just need someone who has all the necessary files to create a Bella character preset for you. With that said, it is worth learning how to do this yourself for the future. amster22 is right about starting in the other thread.

NotSure142018

Jul 5, 2020
Is it possible to change multiple parameters of a character in DAZ all at once, based on preset numbers I define?

I'm working on a game involving pregnancy, and plan to have the main character at various stages of pregnancy throughout the story. Depending on what order the player chooses certain routes, she may be not very pregnant, a bit pregnant, or very pregnant for any given scene. I don't really want to have to mess with multiple sliders, multiple times, for every single scene, in order to have 3 (or more) options based on her pregnancy state. Is there some way to do this easily? I understand I might have to alter poses by hand, if her big belly clips into an object or something like that; that will at least be easier to deal with.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Is it possible to change multiple parameters of a character in DAZ all at once, based on preset numbers I define?

I'm working on a game involving pregnancy, and plan to have the main character at various stages of pregnancy throughout the story. Depending on what order the player chooses certain routes, she may be not very pregnant, a bit pregnant, or very pregnant for any given scene. I don't really want to have to mess with multiple sliders, multiple times, for every single scene, in order to have 3 (or more) options based on her pregnancy state. Is there some way to do this easily? I understand I might have to alter poses by hand, if her big belly clips into an object or something like that; that will at least be easier to deal with.
What I think you should be doing is making several different saves of the character. Start with your character in their original state and then save as a Scene Subset. Then dial in your morphs for the pregnancy and save again as Scene Subset with a different file name. Make a different save for each stage you want to represent in your story. In addition to saving the pregnancy morphs you also save the hair and clothing so you don't need to dress them every time you boot up DAZ.

NotSure142018

Jul 5, 2020
What I think you should be doing is making several different saves of the character. Start with your character in their original state and then save as a Scene Subset. Then dial in your morphs for the pregnancy and save again as Scene Subset with a different file name. Make a different save for each stage you want to represent in your story. In addition to saving the pregnancy morphs you also save the hair and clothing so you don't need to dress them every time you boot up DAZ.
Yea, i was going to save multiple copies of her. I'm not sure what a Scene Subset is, though. I've only ever saved things as Scenes.

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
Stupid question but come on! I don't remember where I clicked, but only in DAZ the mouse arrow disappeared, in other programs it shows the arrow normally!

can someone help?

Apr 18, 2021
Yea, i was going to save multiple copies of her. I'm not sure what a Scene Subset is, though. I've only ever saved things as Scenes.
Scenes and scene subsets are the same thing except subset gives you a prompt to select certain objects in the scene. That way if you only want to save one character and not some others, you could easily do that via a checkbox. You could also optionally create a character preset or custom morph for each version of your character but subset is probably the easiest method of doing this. Then use File > Merge, to bring in your scene subset into your current scene.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Stupid question but come on! I don't remember where I clicked, but only in DAZ the mouse arrow disappeared, in other programs it shows the arrow normally!

can someone help?
This is a long known issue in Daz, since v3.x. Here's two threads discussing it.

There is no "fix" but there is a way to recover from the situation, described in the treads. Bascially you need to "blind navigate" the mouse to the viewport/camera selection and change view mode. Turning on the windows "ctrl to ping mouse location" can help with the finding the mouse location.

NotSure142018

Jul 5, 2020
Scenes and scene subsets are the same thing except subset gives you a prompt to select certain objects in the scene. That way if you only want to save one character and not some others, you could easily do that via a checkbox. You could also optionally create a character preset or custom morph for each version of your character but subset is probably the easiest method of doing this. Then use File > Merge, to bring in your scene subset into your current scene.
So, if I merge a subset into the current scene, will it have the character posed properly and in whatever location? Because if not, the character preset or custom morph sounds closer to what I'm looking for. How do I make those?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote