3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Apr 18, 2021
So Gigabyte chips will work as good as Nvidia chips in daz?
Gigabyte is just a brand name of card maker while Nvidia is a chipset which a card maker may use inside the card. Some Gigabyte cards use Nvidia chips. Some Gigabyte cards use AMD chips. Nvidia cards are typically labelled as "Geforce" and AMD cards are typically labelled as "Radeon". So a "Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080" IS an Nvidia card. A "Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800" is not.

Nvidia arguably works better in DAZ because it can use IRAY while AMD cannot. Most artists create content for DAZ now with IRAY shaders. Otherwise you can use 3Delight which isn't as widely supported but is subjectively just as good. If you don't care about that then it doesn't matter.

samibossno2

Jun 11, 2019
Gigabyte is just a brand name of card maker while Nvidia is a chipset which a card maker may use inside the card. Some Gigabyte cards use Nvidia chips. Some Gigabyte cards use AMD chips. Nvidia cards are typically labelled as "Geforce" and AMD cards are typically labelled as "Radeon". So a "Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080" IS an Nvidia card. A "Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800" is not.

Nvidia arguably works better in DAZ because it can use IRAY while AMD cannot. Most artists create content for DAZ now with IRAY shaders. Otherwise you can use 3Delight which isn't as widely supported but is subjectively just as good. If you don't care about that then it doesn't matter.
Thank u for clearing that up.I had some confusion but now i don't.

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Hello.

The Question is about DAZ3D Studio.

Does anybody know how to make a Standalone Product from many products, like extracted only what i need for a scene from many different Products and not carry around 25 products that have more that 10GB total?

Any tutorials would be OK.

Apr 18, 2021
Hello.

The Question is about DAZ3D Studio.

Does anybody know how to make a Standalone Product from many products, like extracted only what i need for a scene from many different Products and not carry around 25 products that have more that 10GB total?

Any tutorials would be OK.
File>Save as>"Scene Subset", this will give you the option to select only items you wish to include in the file.

You can also create a "Character Preset" which includes the character, hair and clothes.

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
File>Save as>"Scene Subset", this will give you the option to select only items you wish to include in the file.

You can also create a "Character Preset" which includes the character, hair and clothes.
Sorry to say but it didn't help me a bit, i already know how to save the "Ghost" of a Character or Object with Save Scene and Save Scene Subset to use it later, but what i need to know is how to save the Solid Character with Morphs that were used from multiple Characters and everything on it (example: Brooke 8.1 + Clothing X + Shoes Z + some Jewelry Y + etc...), not to need the actual Products to use for that Character anymore, to make it just like the ones you buy in the shop, or the Scene that i created extracting from multiple Products (example: a bed from one Product, a chair from other Product, etc...), to not need anymore the Originals i used, to not need the Dependencies, so just i can Delete them, but use only what i created.

The site you pointed out is good, but for beginners, really not helpful for me, it explains too much about a thing that can be explained in one sentence.

If anyone knows how to do what i need just shout, i keep checking from time to time this site.

Thanks Fatalmasterpiece for the replay, anyway, i want to ask another question, if you or anybody else knows what this character is called, assets are ok too.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I've tried searching the forum, maybe I'm just not using the proper terms, but I can't find an answer to what I'm looking for. Sorry if this has been asked many times. I can not seem to find an asset or assets that will play nice with each other to get good dForce breast movement and decent looking nipples. I can find assets that excel at one or the other but not both. I really like the dforce in HS dForce Breast V2 but I can't make the nipples have any decent definition and the nipples end up looking very odd after simulation. With HD Nipples 2.0 I can get great definition but I can't seem to figure out the simulation settings to get the areola to stop folding into the breast. Does anyone use an asset or assets that work together that they can suggest for me or possibly some settings tips?

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Say I have a dForce object that I simulated once, and then used mesh grabber to move parts of the dForce object around and want to simulate it from that new current look, is there a way of doing this without that object puffing out and just start simulating from how it looks at the time?

DerKER

Jul 14, 2017
So, I was porting a SFM model to Blender, the hair looks kinda weird and the pubes are squares.

BlenderSFM
1638748015043.png
(the hair)
1638749026381.png
1638748143462.png
(pubes)
1638749194064.png

Everything else from the model seems fine except for this.

Any tips on how to solve it?

Apr 18, 2021
Does anyone have a trick for getting hair textures (color) to match between different hair styles (for the same character) in Daz?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Does anyone have a trick for getting hair textures (color) to match between different hair styles (for the same character) in Daz?
Have you tried going into the surfaces tab, selecting everything but the cap/scalp, and then seeing if the hair applies? I'd guess the overarching issue there would be the hair's maps applying correctly to a different style. Haven't done this myself, but that's usually what external Iray hair shaders ask you to do.

Alternatively, you could just (and ) and apply the same color(s) for both styles.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021
Have you tried going into the surfaces tab, selecting everything but the cap/scalp, and then seeing if the hair applies? I'd guess the overarching issue there would be the hair's maps applying correctly to a different style. Have done this myself, but that's usually what external Iray hair shaders ask you to do.

Alternatively, you could just (and ) and apply the same color(s) for both styles.
I will give that a shot! Thanks.

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
wp2.png
Hi there. I got a little problem with Skin Detail Resource 3. Apllied the new PBR shader to all skin surfaces on my g8f model.
Tweaked the transparency because apparently all convreted 8.1 models are too bright and loose the glossy parameter.
Then tried a micro skin detail for all skins and that works good so far but it doesn't work on the Torso as you can see.
The arms have that nice micro skin detail but the Torso map doesn't. Not even applying it manually helps.
Anyone got an idea/solution for that?

Feb 3, 2020
Daz Original character products all come with lots of character specific JCM and ctrl morphs while non-Original character products usually just include a head and body morph. What do all those JCM and ctrol morphs do and do they activate if you just dial in a little bit of the character?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hello.

Short question here, does anybody has Hexagon 64bit for DAZ3D? Share please.
Abandoned by Daz quite some time ago, though.

Apr 18, 2021
Can anyone recommend a universal Daz product for removing and applying nails/color? (G8F, G8.1F)
Seems like every character comes with their own method of applying/removing nails which doesn't always work well. Further, I get this weird texture issue when doing natural/french tip style that makes them look really gross and unhealthy.
Would be nice to have a one stop shop for everything finger nails.
naislbad.jpg

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Hello again.

Can anybody help me fix this issue with clothing going around breasts, covering them, and not just stay more like a real clothing?
Here are the examples.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote