3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Apr 18, 2021
Hello again.

Can anybody help me fix this issue with clothing going around breasts, covering them, and not just stay more like a real clothing?
Here are the examples.
Unfortunately this is one of the big failings of Daz Studio. So of course a third party must fix it.
You need to get the utility "Fit Control". It adds morphs to the clothes which you can then adjust to fit properly.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Hello again.

Can anybody help me fix this issue with clothing going around breasts, covering them, and not just stay more like a real clothing?
Here are the examples.
Unfortunately this is one of the big failings of Daz Studio. So of course a third party must fix it.
You need to get the utility "Fit Control". It adds morphs to the clothes which you can then adjust to fit properly.
IMHO the best solution is to use SickleYield breast fixer. Instead of morphing the cloth, it adds hidden morphs to the chars that can be dialed to improve breast fitting. Install the asset, restart DS, and dial "super fixer" *on the char*.

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020
Too bad I have a lot of clothes that have the same problem in the breasts and in the part of the vagina with Nata 3 I also have problems with hair OOT author's

01.jpg nat.jpg

IMHO the best solution is to use SickleYield breast fixer. Instead of morphing the cloth, it adds hidden morphs to the chars that can be dialed to improve breast fitting. Install the asset, restart DS, and dial "super fixer" *on the char*.
I'll try

and on another theme, someone knows what clothes are in the image:

Anna-Li-For-G8F.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021
Thanks for the suggestion, can't wait to try it :)

moon.buster

Jan 21, 2020
Hi, not really sure if this question is appropriate to this thread or not but shoot, here's to throwing it out there anyway!

I've been toying with the idea of starting my own game for a while now and even got pretty close to playable 1.0 alpha version on my last attempt but eventually threw in the hat due to limitations in the software I was using.

I was working with TK17 VX (heavily moded version of 3D Sex Villa) so yeah, my baby alpha project was pretty much murdered by the fall of modsgarden.

So here's my real question, I was wondering if anyone could point out the various options available on the market for Dev software (as well as each of their pros and cons). I am already somewhat familliar with what I consider to be the big three, Daz, Honey Select and TK 17 VX but I'm sure there must be loads more.

I am particularly interested in potential options (such as TK 17 and Honey Select) where all rendering is done internally (i.e. instant click photos), as opposed to Daz (primarily due to hardware restraints) where the rendering is done manually (each image is compressed from 3D to 2D in real time). That said, I should be finally upgrading my rig over the coming weeks so may try to get back into Daz again and see if I can have any more luck with it this time, so yeah, any and all suggestions/advice on software options (be it internal, or manual rendering) would be much appreciated, right now I'm just trying to get a feel for what's out there and then decide which is most suited to what I hope to achieve.

Many thanks :)

Apr 18, 2021
Hi, not really sure if this question is appropriate to this thread or not but shoot, here's to throwing it out there anyway!

I've been toying with the idea of starting my own game for a while now and even got pretty close to playable 1.0 alpha version on my last attempt but eventually threw in the hat due to limitations in the software I was using.

I was working with TK17 VX (heavily moded version of 3D Sex Villa) so yeah, my baby alpha project was pretty much murdered by the fall of modsgarden.

So here's my real question, I was wondering if anyone could point out the various options available on the market for Dev software (as well as each of their pros and cons). I am already somewhat familliar with what I consider to be the big three, Daz, Honey Select and TK 17 VX but I'm sure there must be loads more.

I am particularly interested in potential options (such as TK 17 and Honey Select) where all rendering is done internally (i.e. instant click photos), as opposed to Daz (primarily due to hardware restraints) where the rendering is done manually (each image is compressed from 3D to 2D in real time). That said, I should be finally upgrading my rig over the coming weeks so may try to get back into Daz again and see if I can have any more luck with it this time, so yeah, any and all suggestions/advice on software options (be it internal, or manual rendering) would be much appreciated, right now I'm just trying to get a feel for what's out there and then decide which is most suited to what I hope to achieve.

It really just depends on what style you like. Some people really like one style over another, HS or Daz etc.
Most hardware limitations can be worked with once you learn tricks in Daz. Optimizing a scene is key. Unfortunately animating can still be tough since that is the most manual thing. Takes a lot of patience. The best thing about Daz is there is tons and tons of available content where I've seen Honey Select be limited depending on your setting/theme.

But your render engine and your game engine are going to be different things unless you're going with real time graphics. So really you need to answer what kind of game you're making and what kind of game engine suits itself towards that before deciding on your front end graphics.

Reactions: moon.buster

moon.buster

Jan 21, 2020
It really just depends on what style you like. Some people really like one style over another, HS or Daz etc.
Most hardware limitations can be worked with once you learn tricks in Daz. Optimizing a scene is key. Unfortunately animating can still be tough since that is the most manual thing. Takes a lot of patience. The best thing about Daz is there is tons and tons of available content where I've seen Honey Select be limited depending on your setting/theme.

But your render engine and your game engine are going to be different things unless you're going with real time graphics. So really you need to answer what kind of game you're making and what kind of game engine suits itself towards that before deciding on your front end graphics.
Yeah agreed. I mean in terms of quality in the games out there, you really can't compare HS to Daz on any functional level, except for the fact that Devs using HS generally tend to punch out updates much more frequent and consistently (obviously due to the fact that rendering takes so long in Daz which isn't an issue for HS because there is no rendering in HS).

As far as animations go, I'm not really all that fussed on animations in VNs and I personally feel they don't add much to the overall experience, so, I probably won't be adding animations (well, at least not on my first project anyway).

But tell me something, one of the points you mentioned I found really interesting which was learning the 'tricks in Daz', I mean, I tried running Daz once before and it's really sophisticated. I had a bit of success with 3Delight but my puny 512MB graphics card had no hope of tackling an Iray render. But lets say I was working with something better, how fast could you render an image if you were working with something like a 6 to 8 GB graphics card?

Apr 18, 2021
Yeah agreed. I mean in terms of quality in the games out there, you really can't compare HS to Daz on any functional level, except for the fact that Devs using HS generally tend to punch out updates much more frequent and consistently (obviously due to the fact that rendering takes so long in Daz which isn't an issue for HS because there is no rendering in HS).

As far as animations go, I'm not really all that fussed on animations in VNs and I personally feel they don't add much to the overall experience, so, I probably won't be adding animations (well, at least not on my first project anyway).

But tell me something, one of the points you mentioned I found really interesting which was learning the 'tricks in Daz', I mean, I tried running Daz once before and it's really sophisticated. I had a bit of success with 3Delight but my puny 512MB graphics card had no hope of tackling an Iray render. But lets say I was working with something better, how fast could you render an image if you were working with something like a 6 to 8 GB graphics card?
Can't really answer that question because it totally depends on the complexity of the scene, how many figures there are, light sources, resolution etc.

Iray vs 3delight depends on if you're working with Nvidia or Radeon architecture. If you really want to get into Daz it is worth investing some money in a decent graphics card, Nvidia particularly.

A render can take anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours depending on many factors. You have to weigh your needs and optimization. Say you just want to do a single character on an hdri background with 1 light. That may only take like 5-10 minutes to render. You can do spot renders to get different expressions etc which only take a couple minutes.

If you're doing a big multi character scene that will feature prominently in your story you may take much longer. Then there are tricks to cut down the time. If I have an important establishing shot for a bigger scene I may spend several hours rendering the first frame, after that I use tricks to make the next shots take a lot less time.

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
Too bad I have a lot of clothes that have the same problem in the breasts and in the part of the vagina with Nata 3 I also have problems with hair OOT author's

View attachment 1546838 View attachment 1546850
Thats because all clothes starts from the skinny default model.
they dont know what big boobs are ;)
run an 30 frames animation with D force and it will fix it.
scale down the breasts to 50% at frame 0 and 100% at frame 30.

after that set clothes to auto follow and raise smoothing iterations to around 20

you get this result after
Adrianna City walk.png

Reactions: ald140876

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020

Hey have you tried VAM? I played a bit with the animating stuff and can say it is so fluid and well made plus flexible even in VR, the images look nice, you just need to want to work with it, and it is not VR exclusive and my pc is not that beefy so a gtx970 for the starter would be ok, i don't think you will ever make anything AAA+ in DAZ to be worth spending more money on a GC, the kind you see in cinematics on PC Games. Also there is blender and unity, this 2 are amazing as well, best times to profit from the software like never. And another thing, Blender is more flexible that DAZ, it lacks the number of models DAZ has, but you can learn to convert them. :)

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
Hello again.

Here are the examples.
Cloth to Auto follow and smoothing iterations is almost a must on all clothes.
you just need to test how many smoothing iterations you need and what looks best.

Also give all clothes a sub level D High Resolution if they dont have it.

Reactions: PusaM

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
View attachment 1535862
but it doesn't work on the Torso as you can see.
The arms have that nice micro skin detail but the Torso map doesn't.
G8.1 doesnt have the Torso map they have the Body map instead.
mayby this Skin Detail Resource 3 thinks its an Body map instead of Torso or the opposite.
also check the UV maps if you can change them.
maybe this Skin shader has an new UV map that you must use?

moon.buster

Jan 21, 2020
Hey have you tried VAM? I played a bit with the animating stuff and can say it is so fluid and well made plus flexible even in VR, the images look nice, you just need to want to work with it, and it is not VR exclusive and my pc is not that beefy so a gtx970 for the starter would be ok, i don't think you will ever make anything AAA+ in DAZ to be worth spending more money on a GC, the kind you see in cinematics on PC Games. Also there is blender and unity, this 2 are amazing as well, best times to profit from the software like never. And another thing, Blender is more flexible that DAZ, it lacks the number of models DAZ has, but you can learn to convert them. :)
I did actually try Virt A Mate once before but it's not really my thing since it's more geared toward vanilla romance/solo sex stuff but what I'm hoping to creat is a game with lots of exhibitionism, which is why I'm having a bit of trouble finding a suitable graphics engine (haha).

As you know, loading a lot of characters on set causes issues with Daz, this was what I liked about The Klub 17, you could upload static people as toys (you had no control over their limbs and they could not be posed but made for excellent props to fill out a scene) plus you were allowed to upload up to 4 fully poseable people into the scene at any one time. This gave me up to eight people on set at any one time (4 fully poseable and 4 static, as I could load a single static as a toy for each person). Dose Daz offer any kind of solution similar to this one?

This was still very limited however (in TK17) and it meant I couldn't use toys on set when I wanted more people in the scene and ultimately narrowed the scope of what was possible in my game. On top of that, there were not many different static people to choose from and I didn't have the capability of making my own, which meant I was stuck using the same static extras in nearly every scene and having to pretend that they were different people each time. Needless to say this setup would never cut it for a serious game. I was told that you can upload static people/props (into the background, thus freeing up toy space) with the Hook 5 paid version/addon of TK17VX but I could never experiment with it due to my low grade hardware. But to be honest my biggest worry is that even with Hook 5, I will most likely face issues finding assets going forward if I keep working with TK17VX.

As far as Unity and Blender go, no, I haven't tried them yet. I've heard good things about Blender but the fact that Unity offer a graphics engine was an alian concept to me until just now, I always looked at Unity as an alternative to Ren'Py, I am only now realising that Unity offer an all in one suite (so yeah thanks for the info and maybe it's also something worth checking out. Although, I always found something a bit off putting about Unity, don't ask me why but I just find games made on Unity to be a bit clumpy and rough around the edges, it's kind of hard to pinpoint why exactly that is but for some reason Ren'Py just seems much more fluid and approachable to a novice Dev such as myself.)

So yeah, I think you are right and I should probably jump back on the Daz waggon and take another swing at shifting my operation over their. On the plus side, my new laptop arrives today so I may be able to start experimenting with it very soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PusaM

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
G8.1 doesnt have the Torso map they have the Body map instead.
mayby this Skin Detail Resource 3 thinks its an Body map instead of Torso or the opposite.
also check the UV maps if you can change them.
maybe this Skin shader has an new UV map that you must use?
I`ll give it a try

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020
Thats because all clothes starts from the skinny default model.
they dont know what big boobs are ;)
run an 30 frames animation with D force and it will fix it.
scale down the breasts to 50% at frame 0 and 100% at frame 30.

after that set clothes to auto follow and raise smoothing iterations to around 20

you get this result after
And would it be the same with hair?

thanks for the advice i will try

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote