3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Apr 18, 2021
I did actually try Virt A Mate once before but it's not really my thing since it's more geared toward vanilla romance/solo sex stuff but what I'm hoping to creat is a game with lots of exhibitionism, which is why I'm having a bit of trouble finding a suitable graphics engine (haha).

As you know, loading a lot of characters on set causes issues with Daz, this was what I liked about The Klub 17, you could upload static people as toys (you had no control over their limbs and they could not be posed but made for excellent props to fill out a scene) plus you were allowed to upload up to 4 fully poseable people into the scene at any one time. This gave me up to eight people on set at any one time (4 fully poseable and 4 static, as I could load a single static as a toy for each person). Dose Daz offer any kind of solution similar to this one?

This was still very limited however (in TK17) and it meant I couldn't use toys on set when I wanted more people in the scene and ultimately narrowed the scope of what was possible in my game. On top of that, there were not many different static people to choose from and I didn't have the capability of making my own, which meant I was stuck using the same static extras in nearly every scene and having to pretend that they were different people each time. Needless to say this setup would never cut it for a serious game. I was told that you can upload static people/props (into the background, thus freeing up toy space) with the Hook 5 paid version/addon of TK17VX but I could never experiment with it due to my low grade hardware. But to be honest my biggest worry is that even with Hook 5, I will most likely face issues finding assets going forward if I keep working with TK17VX.

As far as Unity and Blender go, no, I haven't tried them yet. I've heard good things about Blender but the fact that Unity offer a graphics engine was an alian concept to me until just now, I always looked at Unity as an alternative to Ren'Py, I am only now realising that Unity offer an all in one suite (so yeah thanks for the info and maybe it's also something worth checking out. Although, I always found something a bit off putting about Unity, don't ask me why but I just find games made on Unity to be a bit clumpy and rough around the edges, it's kind of hard to pinpoint why exactly that is but for some reason Ren'Py just seems much more fluid and approachable to a novice Dev such as myself.)

So yeah, I think you are right and I should probably jump back on the Daz waggon and take another swing at shifting my operation over their. On the plus side, my new laptop arrives today so I may be able to start experimenting with it very soon :)
Daz doesn't have this kind of static model but has viewer render modes, which reduce load. So you can pose and place your characters in a low resource viewing mode such as wireframe. Then once everything is just how you like it, output your final render with full lighting and textures. To accomplish this best with 4+ character models, I recommend hiding several models and doing a composite render. Essentially you hide half your models, render, swap which ones are hidden and render again, then combine the images in Photoshop etc. This isn't a perfect solution but it usually works. There is a "spot render" tool which also helps with this, by rending only a small piece of the image, for example if you need to change one small thing.
There are also Iray section plane nodes which hide anything your camera cannot see to reduce load. This is great as long as you aren't doing something that requires crazy amounts of reflections such as a mirrored car or building.
The final trick, which is one I don't really like, is texture optimization which reduces the texture size of things which are farther away or don't really matter. Personally I don't do this at all but some people swear by it.

Renpy is easier for some people than Unity. For me, I hate it because there is no visual feedback in Renpy to show you what you're doing. You need to be a very logical person. For an artist it is hell. There are plugins for Unity, of all sorts, to make games easier to construct. For doing a very basic visual novel, yes Renpy is easier but if you want to do anything remotely advanced you quickly start hitting your head against the limitations of Renpy. That's where Unity becomes easier to work with.

Reactions: moon.buster

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020
Smoothing modifier will mess up the hair if thats what you mean?
you can use smoothing iterations of 2 but not more for hairs.
Hair has the same problem as clothes.

Normal
02.jpg 03.jpg

in Nata 3
00.jpg 01.jpg
tail and bangs are distorted and in the promo of Nata it's not like that

Leather-Cami-Set-for-Genesis-3-Females-and-Nata3.jpg

PD. Merry Christmas to all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PusaM

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
Hair has the same problem as clothes.

Normal
View attachment 1561336 View attachment 1561337

in Nata 3
View attachment 1561333 View attachment 1561334
tail and bangs are distorted and in the promo of Nata it's not like that

View attachment 1561342

PD. Merry Christmas to all :)
that hair is bad and not like the promo renderers i have it also

i think i used an smoothing modifier to straighten it out.
or you can use meshgrabber to get rid of those folds.

ohh merry rendering christmas ;)
btw you should really upgrade to Iray ;)

Model: Dee
Dee Posing3.png

Your Christmas Host Dee.jpg

Liphisbus

May 28, 2020
Sooo, I seem to be having a problem, more like a doubt than a problem. I was searching for some environments and found one called and it was the one that I was looking for, only problem is that it's for poser but I can use it just fine and convert most of the surfaces to iray, but the real problem is that the environment is super tiny and I don't think I can make a lot of render in it (was thinking of making a comic actually), including in the bathroom and where the bed should be, I could probably hide the walls and go as far as using the surface selection tool to hide especific stuff but I'm still not sure it that would be a good idea actually or rather, I think it's not worth investing the time to do that every time as I think I will be doing that a lot.

Anyway, the thing is, I wanted to know if there are tricks to make my life easier while rendering in this environment (I remember that you can zoom in and out with the camera using the "focal length but not sure if that would be a good idea) or would it be better to try and find another environment? I actually would like to use this environment as I kind of really like it but if it's going to be a pain in the ass to render a imagem in another angle every single time (and I know it will because of how tiny it is) then I do rather choose another environment, I was thinking of going as far as model a environment just like that in blender but make it a little more bigger and easy to use but would like to avoid that. Just want to know what others think about this, always good to hear what other people think, hope that someone can help me with this, also merry christmas for everyone!

Reactions: AnchovyFuta

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
or would it be better to try and find another environment?
to be fair this apartment looks outdated as hell.
like something from the 90s
i think you found the worst of them all ;)

There are tons of better apartments that looks alot better like this one.

Reactions: Liphisbus

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019

It's from 2014, which explains it some. But, yeah, there's a ton of better apartments out there. On Daz or Renderosity.

Though, if you're willing to waste some time with shaders and such, you could make that apartment look decent enough for use in a VN.

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020
that hair is bad and not like the promo renderers i have it also

i think i used an smoothing modifier to straighten it out.
or you can use meshgrabber to get rid of those folds.

ohh merry rendering christmas ;)
btw you should really upgrade to Iray ;)
Thanks for the help

Model: Dee
great renders (y)

Liphisbus

May 28, 2020

That's why I like it, I was looking for a apartment that looks old as heck, I searched a little on daz3d but there was only modern ones (there where some old ones but didn't find downloads from them anywhere), still looking on renderosity but so far I just found this one.

It's from 2014, which explains it some. But, yeah, there's a ton of better apartments out there. On Daz or Renderosity.

Though, if you're willing to waste some time with shaders and such, you could make that apartment look decent enough for use in a VN.
I think the problem is not about the shaders and textures as I think I can fix those pretty easily and fast (I will not really be using the props that come with it, just the base), the real problem is that the apartment is really tiny, the G8F is the very same height as the figure showed on the apartment screenshot on renderosity and I can probably hide and as I said, use surface selection tool or even the geometry editor and hide the walls and other stuff but as I don't really use a lot of environments I'm kind lost of how I would render stuff in the place where the bedroom is and the bathroom is as they look very small, I could probably do what I said and hide stuff but not sure it would be worth the time to do that all the time... As you can see I'm tottaly lost here on what to do haha xD

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
the real problem is that the apartment is really tiny
comon man
its an fucked up apartment
get over it and get the real stuff and start doing some quality stuff.
and change your fucking GPU and 3D delight to Nvidia and Iray when your on it.
thank me later ;)

Liphisbus

May 28, 2020
comon man
its an fucked up apartment
get over it and get the real stuff and start doing some quality stuff.
and change your fucking GPU and 3D delight to Nvidia and Iray when your on it.
thank me later ;)
Man I know but I really need a base of an apartment that looks like it's from 70-80s and this one was the only one that looks very close to what I want as I didn't find nothing like that in the daz3d, I mean, I did find some but they are also very old and there was nowhere to download it... Now that I think about it, there was a guy that was doing a visual novel set in the ancient rome and he had to look on cgtrader and other sites as there was not a lot of rome themed items for daz studio, hmm I think I should also start looking around in those other sites instead of just looking on renderosity/daz3d.

Hmm? Who are you talking to? I hope it's not be because I already said that I use iRay only, no way I would use 3Delight, that thing looks horrible lol.

AnchovyFuta

Jun 25, 2021
Sooo, I seem to be having a problem, more like a doubt than a problem. I was searching for some environments and found one called and it was the one that I was looking for, only problem is that it's for poser but I can use it just fine and convert most of the surfaces to iray, but the real problem is that the environment is super tiny and I don't think I can make a lot of render in it (was thinking of making a comic actually), including in the bathroom and where the bed should be, I could probably hide the walls and go as far as using the surface selection tool to hide especific stuff but I'm still not sure it that would be a good idea actually or rather, I think it's not worth investing the time to do that every time as I think I will be doing that a lot.

Anyway, the thing is, I wanted to know if there are tricks to make my life easier while rendering in this environment (I remember that you can zoom in and out with the camera using the "focal length but not sure if that would be a good idea) or would it be better to try and find another environment? I actually would like to use this environment as I kind of really like it but if it's going to be a pain in the ass to render a imagem in another angle every single time (and I know it will because of how tiny it is) then I do rather choose another environment, I was thinking of going as far as model a environment just like that in blender but make it a little more bigger and easy to use but would like to avoid that. Just want to know what others think about this, always good to hear what other people think, hope that someone can help me with this, also merry christmas for everyone!
You will probably not have problems with the rest but the bathroom might be a problem, even more if you're planning on making some sex render inside it, it's really small but you probably can work it by hiding some stuff, best thing you could do is make some render that you plan to do on it and see if it works, if you think you will have no problem go for it but if you think it's going to be a pain to do render on it then it's best to choose another environment.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Man I know but I really need a base of an apartment that looks like it's from 70-80s and this one was the only one that looks very close to what I want as I didn't find nothing like that in the daz3d, I mean, I did find some but they are also very old and there was nowhere to download it... Now that I think about it, there was a guy that was doing a visual novel set in the ancient rome and he had to look on cgtrader and other sites as there was not a lot of rome themed items for daz studio, hmm I think I should also start looking around in those other sites instead of just looking on renderosity/daz3d.
The problem with adjusting the camera to fit that space, you're going to get something of a fisheye'd panoramic effect that's not very pleasing on the eyes. As far as IT-Roy goes (The ancient rome VN), he's also running two 3090s. He also obviously has a fair amount invested into shaders and is knowledgeable in Blender, which allows him to use sites like TurboSquid, etc. to apply UVs and such.

has that aesthetic to it, imo. Has basically everything you'd need from that era, sans a bathroom.

Liphisbus

May 28, 2020
The problem with adjusting the camera to fit that space, you're going to get something of a fisheye'd panoramic effect that's not very pleasing on the eyes. As far as IT-Roy goes (The ancient rome VN), he's also running two 3090s. He also obviously has a fair amount invested into shaders and is knowledgeable in Blender, which allows him to use sites like TurboSquid, etc. to apply UVs and such.

has that aesthetic to it, imo. Has basically everything you'd need from that era, sans a bathroom.
Yeah, I know that, I just wasn't 100% sure if using it would be a good idea or not, guess it's not. Jesus, I always watch his tutorials and always forgot his name. Oh right, most of those sites don't have their 3d models with the right UVs, so you have to do that yourself, I have been modelling for some time in Blender but I'm not really that confident so I guess I'II have to skip that.

Oh, this apartment is actually in one of my lists if this apartment that I'm using don't work as I think it would. Most of the scenes that I plan to render will occur in the bathroom and the bed, I liked how simple the apartment was (I also lived in a place like that so that's another reason.) so that's why I wanted to use it but because of the problem with the bathroom I guess I will have to use other environments, this one seems pretty good if I change some stuff... Well, I will test it out and see what I can do.

Thanks a lot for helping!

Reactions: MissFortune

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
If you want the apartment of your dreams do this, create the rooms like you want in 3dsmax, export as .obj, this one was easy, then load in daz and import only what furniture and shit you need from loads of apartments, put them as you like, there, you have the apartment of your dream. I know you can't find the perfect apartment by default, believe me i was there.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
create the rooms like you want in 3dsmax
Assuming someone has $205 to spend per month on 3ds max, and they can tell when something is made with a pirated copy of their software, nor are they afraid to throw their lawyers around.

Feb 3, 2020
Are there hairs for G8F that look like this painted hair on V4?

I already have HY's ponytail/bun but I am looking for tighter styles. Since it's painted, are there skullcap products like this for G8F?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Are there hairs for G8F that look like this painted hair on V4?

I already have HY's ponytail/bun but I am looking for tighter styles. Since it's painted, are there skullcap products like this for G8F?
You aren't going to find anything quite that tight in Daz, as far as I'm aware. The closest I've seen is the , and it isn't nearly as tight as the Rendo one. You can find some similar stuff, but the tail's will either be longer than you'd like or entirely unadjustable(sp?), as is usually the case for Sarah Payne hairs.

Some others that might work for you:
(might be the closest to what you're looking for, imo.)

(will likely need a converter to make it work for G8F. One of Riversofts products should do the trick. Auto-fit might work on it's own, as well.)

Reactions: 31971207

Feb 3, 2020
You aren't going to find anything quite that tight in Daz, as far as I'm aware. The closest I've seen is the , and it isn't nearly as tight as the Rendo one. You can find some similar stuff, but the tail's will either be longer than you'd like or entirely unadjustable(sp?), as is usually the case for Sarah Payne hairs.

Some others that might work for you:
(might be the closest to what you're looking for, imo.)

(will likely need a converter to make it work for G8F. One of Riversofts products should do the trick. Auto-fit might work on it's own, as well.)
Thank you for the recommendations. I got Zola close enough but it took a lot of tinkering. Painted hair is already perfect in that the hair is really just tapered to the skull and no tinkering is necessary other than having the right color. I wish there is a hair/prop using painted hair that can be applied to any character.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Thank you for the recommendations. I got Zola close enough but it took a lot of tinkering. Painted hair is already perfect in that the hair is really just tapered to the skull and no tinkering is necessary other than having the right color. I wish there is a hair/prop using painted hair that can be applied to any character.
You try converting it with . Might not look fantastic given its age, though. Some hair shaders (ColorWerks or some FSL stuff) might mitigate that some.

Feb 3, 2020
You try converting it with . Might not look fantastic given its age, though. Some hair shaders (ColorWerks or some FSL stuff) might mitigate that some.
Are there V4 hair products that look like painted hair?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote