• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Choo-choo

Aug 8, 2017
I did try that, I have texture wizard so I tried to load a green character preset to see how they do it, I did the same but it didn't work (I even did go as far as trying to copy the same Red Green Blue numbers of the skin that shows in photoshop but it looks super off), I'm not really that good with the surfaces so that might be why, only thing that I changed was the diffuse color and the translucency weight.

Just a little note, I'm using Altern8 Skin Shader System on my character, not sure if that's getting in the way or not...
forgot to unwatch this thread
i am not expert but here is my 2 cents
https://f95zone.to/threads/fantasy-skins-for-genesis-8-g3-g8.27053/
^this skins works for me (futalicious/dicktator)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Raindrops400

Jan 6, 2022
Does anyone have any source for poses that involve bladder desperation?
Type, a person trying to hold their bladder, doing the pee-pee dance or whatever, I do not know the correct name for it I think

Whenever I try to search for "bathroom poses" it's just generic showering or bathing poses, sometimes brushing teeth, but never someone waiting for the toilet

entireplant

Feb 1, 2018
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times but I don't know what exactly to search for...

Sometimes when I'm using the viewport to move arms/legs around, as soon as I start moving them, they contort into impossible shapes and then I can move them from there.

What causes that and can I solve it?

Apr 18, 2021
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times but I don't know what exactly to search for...

Sometimes when I'm using the viewport to move arms/legs around, as soon as I start moving them, they contort into impossible shapes and then I can move them from there.

What causes that and can I solve it?
Haven't had that problem personally. Would recommend not using the translate tool in the viewport to move bodyparts. It is better to pose body parts via the sliders in the "Posing" tab. It is much more precise. Also each slider has "parameters settings" with "use limits" turned on, should keep anything from getting too crazy. You generally want the limits turned on unless you're doing something that specifically needs them off like fingers. You can also "0" each slider to reset any pose that gets too crazy.
The exception being sometimes using Translate with hands to move the entire arm to where the hand needs to go such as toward a prop.

Feb 3, 2020
I am trying to put together my first kitbash scene of a rustic 19th century room. The problem is all the wooden props (furniture, floors, walls etc) look too new and polished. I could not find any rustic or weathered wooden shader product on Daz but they do exist for clothings and metals. Why is that or am I not searching correctly?

Feb 22, 2021
Alright I have installed Daz so what's next? I need to get assets right? But which ones? There lot of them on their website so I can buy whatever comes to my mind?! Is there a guide I can follow so that I get what is needed to create characters?

Thanks

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Alright I have installed Daz so what's next? I need to get assets right? But which ones? There lot of them on their website so I can buy whatever comes to my mind?! Is there a guide I can follow so that I get what is needed to create characters?

Thanks
You can buy what ever you like if you're rich. Are you rich? If you are a scraper like the rest of us look to this thread for how to buy at the Daz store:

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-daz-...read-daz3d-renderosity-renderotica-etc.64546/

Or even save some money and look for free stuff:

https://f95zone.to/threads/free-stuff-for-daz-3d.22194/

The gist is that if you are going to spend money, get a Daz+ membership and by a gift card for yourself when they go on sale and only use this discounted store credit to buy stuff. That way you always pay the lowest price.

Some advice for a newbie, don't go crazy buying all the hot looking female models you find. You could end up buying too many you may never use, and the more G8 models you have the slower they all load. Know what it is you want to create first, then buy something when you need it, not because it looks cool or is at a good discount. And for the love of god, DO NOT buy the Michael 8 bundle, that shit is ugly and overused in games here on F95.

Feb 22, 2021
You can buy what ever you like if you're rich. Are you rich? If you are a scraper like the rest of us look to this thread for how to buy at the Daz store:

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-daz-...read-daz3d-renderosity-renderotica-etc.64546/

Or even save some money and look for free stuff:

https://f95zone.to/threads/free-stuff-for-daz-3d.22194/

The gist is that if you are going to spend money, get a Daz+ membership and by a gift card for yourself when they go on sale and only use this discounted store credit to buy stuff. That way you always pay the lowest price.

Some advice for a newbie, don't go crazy buying all the hot looking female models you find. You could end up buying too many you may never use, and the more G8 models you have the slower they all load. Know what it is you want to create first, then buy something when you need it, not because it looks cool or is at a good discount. And for the love of god, DO NOT buy the Michael 8 bundle, that shit is ugly and overused in games here on F95.
)
sorry i think my question is not clear (and no im not rish o_O) what i meant to say was, since we need Assets to start creating renders, how do we use those assets, for example, when you buy for example you buy the asset X (not through daz central) what shall i do with that file, shall i install it or should i import through DAZ interface? and also do asset X depend you having asset Y so it becomes usable?
I really apologize for the way i phrased my question in that way
but thanks though for the advice and links i will try to download some and try them out

Thanks

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Before any assets you need starters, if you don't have those, you can stop searching for assets and start searching for starters, or just update daz and install starters through daz install manager, from here comes the assets story, now about assets, there are installers or just copy/move to the daz content library directory and that's about it, launch daz, load what you have and start creative. See as well youtube for more infos. :LUL:

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
)
sorry i think my question is not clear (and no im not rish o_O) what i meant to say was, since we need Assets to start creating renders, how do we use those assets, for example, when you buy for example you buy the asset X (not through daz central) what shall i do with that file, shall i install it or should i import through DAZ interface? and also do asset X depend you having asset Y so it becomes usable?
I really apologize for the way i phrased my question in that way
but thanks though for the advice and links i will try to download some and try them out

Thanks
I wouldn't use Daz Central, a lot of people have problems with it, and by all accounts DAZ Install Manger (DIM) is a much more robust package. If you buy something from DAZ, then DIM automatically knows what and where to install it for you. If you are going to pirate DAZ store products then you can also just drop the IM000XXXX.zip file into the Download folder and DIM will install it no problem. DIM will also install all the free content that comes with the DAZ software, and it's really all you need to get a start in using DAZ. There are built in tutorials that show you how to use basic features, so I suggest trying those before worrying about finding more things to install.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Feb 3, 2020
Can someone explain to me what I did?

I started a scene using this . The default preset scene looks exactly how I wanted. I started another scene with the same default preset and the render looks really dark. I couldn't figure out why so I started comparing every item in the two scenes and every line in their respective render setting. I finally tracked down that the dark scene has Exposure value and Film ISO all greyed out while the one I liked has white values. I have not advanced enough into cameras so I am sure I did not directly change those values in the render setting so it must have been something I did when I was messing around in the scene. What could I have done to trigger changes in Exposure value and Film ISO?

Edit:
I think I figured out what I did wrong. I was saving subscenes with environment and tonemapper options. Bring those subscenes in overwritten the previous settings.

Last edited:

Aason

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
Hey guys, I'd like to make a "Found phone" kind of game, do you know any software to make it easier?
I only know a bit of Renpy, and I'm shit. And I don't think Renpy's the best for that anyway.

Feb 3, 2020
Anyone know how to do a proper "brow squeeze" expression in 8.1? The dial is removed due to implementation of Face Control Rig and its author's suggestion of using x-translate dial on "brow inner" sucks. It just moves the brow without moving any muscle between the brows and forehead. I don't want to use "face frown" expressions as they move the whole face and not just the brows.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hey guys, I'd like to make a "Found phone" kind of game, do you know any software to make it easier?
I only know a bit of Renpy, and I'm shit. And I don't think Renpy's the best for that anyway.
I have no idea what a "found phone game" is. Can you explain a bit more please? Maybe then someone can give suggestions.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I am trying to put together my first kitbash scene of a rustic 19th century room. The problem is all the wooden props (furniture, floors, walls etc) look too new and polished. I could not find any rustic or weathered wooden shader product on Daz but they do exist for clothings and metals. Why is that or am I not searching correctly?
"weathered" textures probably need to be created specifically for the props/environment you use. This is especially true for wooden objects because the grain of the wood needs to be aligned to the surfaces correctly. Most props will also have additional detail added in the texture images that need to be in the exact place on the image due to the way UV mapping works.

If you have the interest/time, you could try investigating the texture files for the props you are using (via surfaces tab and look at the "base diffuse"), and makes copies and use a image editor software to "age" the texture image. Then assign the updated image file and do a render to see if you get your desired effect. There are tutorials on how to make an image of wood look "older".

Reactions: 31971207

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
Are there hairs for G8F that look like this painted hair on V4?

I already have HY's ponytail/bun but I am looking for tighter styles. Since it's painted, are there skullcap products like this for G8F?
Sorry for the late response, but if you are still interested has some G8 characters with this type of hair, so it would be a simple matter of applying the skin and hair material to your model. I've attached a quick render of .

https://f95zone.to/threads/palmira-for-genesis-3-and-8-female.42797/

Palmira Hair.png

Reactions: 31971207

Feb 3, 2020
Sorry for the late response, but if you are still interested has some G8 characters with this type of hair, so it would be a simple matter of applying the skin and hair material to your model. I've attached a quick render of .

https://f95zone.to/threads/palmira-for-genesis-3-and-8-female.42797/

View attachment 1639182
Eichhorn Art's Palmira is the exact reason that I wanted to achieve this look in G8. The problem is that the hair is painted directly on Palmira textures and if I want to have the hair I also must use Palmira textures. I am wondering if there is a paint brush preset or better yet a G8F skullcap with similar materials that I can just one click apply to any character.

Feb 3, 2020
"weathered" textures probably need to be created specifically for the props/environment you use. This is especially true for wooden objects because the grain of the wood needs to be aligned to the surfaces correctly. Most props will also have additional detail added in the texture images that need to be in the exact place on the image due to the way UV mapping works.

If you have the interest/time, you could try investigating the texture files for the props you are using (via surfaces tab and look at the "base diffuse"), and makes copies and use a image editor software to "age" the texture image. Then assign the updated image file and do a render to see if you get your desired effect. There are tutorials on how to make an image of wood look "older".
Thank you for the explanation. It looks like almost all wooden furniture props use one diffuse texture with the jointed sections painted to match the grains instead of like clothing or construciton materials where there are separate surfaces. Replace it with a single wood shader wouldn't look good so I guess that's why no one made it.

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
Eichhorn Art's Palmira is the exact reason that I wanted to achieve this look in G8. The problem is that the hair is painted directly on Palmira textures and if I want to have the hair I also must use Palmira textures. I am wondering if there is a paint brush preset or better yet a G8F skullcap with similar materials that I can just one click apply to any character.
I get where you're coming from, there's nothing I know of. You could probably make it work with the texture applied to a geoshell and a custom opacity map applied to remove the unwanted surfaces.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote