3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
Another problem, I don't know why when moving the palm of the hand, the fingers are involuntarily moving in the opposite direction to what they should when it is close to another part of another character's body.

to try to explain it better, it's as if the program were blocking so that one character's hand part does not enter the other's body, because I'm trying to adjust as if the hand were going to grab something round!

some tip for fix this?

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Another problem, I don't know why when moving the palm of the hand, the fingers are involuntarily moving in the opposite direction to what they should when it is close to another part of another character's body.

to try to explain it better, it's as if the program were blocking so that one character's hand part does not enter the other's body, because I'm trying to adjust as if the hand were going to grab something round!

some tip for fix this?
It could be any number of things, honestly. Some easy to fix, some not. I'm no wizard with Daz, but I could try.

What comes to mind first is that there's a rouge morph of some sort turned on in relation to the hand, such as a hand pose. You can check for this by going into your scene pane > selecting your character/figure > go to your parameters pane > and select "Currently used" > make sure no hand poses/morphs/dials are turned on:

op1.png

It's also possible your fingers are pinned. Unlikely, but possible, I suppose. It probably won't work, but go to the Tools pane > select the dropdown menu at the topmost portion of the panel (should say "Active Tool" to the left of it) > Find "ActivePose" > Un-pin All.

How are you moving the body parts in Daz? Are you using the Translate Tool (The R/G/B Arrows on separate axes) or that ball-thing on the top left of the viewport? I don't use either personally as I dislike the lack of control, but if you're trying to move the palm of the hand, make sure you have the palm selected. Not the fingers or joints (which sounds like a possibility in this case.). If all else fails, and you don't get a solution from this or someone else, you could try asking over at the Daz forums (who'll likely be able to give more specific advice/answers). Or you can move body parts individually (or for that matter, use a premade pose and adjust body parts accordingly). For example, on the arms you can the twist/bend/side-side(or front-back) sliders to adjust the collars, shoulder bends, forearm bends, and hands individually. Then for the hand(s), you can select one and then go to the parameters pane and look for "Pose Controls" (may need to hit the arrow to the left of left/right hand), which'll give you finger and hand controls for fists, grasps, etc. Hopefully some of that helps a little.

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
It could be any number of things, honestly. Some easy to fix, some not. I'm no wizard with Daz, but I could try.

What comes to mind first is that there's a rouge morph of some sort turned on in relation to the hand, such as a hand pose. You can check for this by going into your scene pane > selecting your character/figure > go to your parameters pane > and select "Currently used" > make sure no hand poses/morphs/dials are turned on:

View attachment 1497304

It's also possible your fingers are pinned. Unlikely, but possible, I suppose. It probably won't work, but go to the Tools pane > select the dropdown menu at the topmost portion of the panel (should say "Active Tool" to the left of it) > Find "ActivePose" > Un-pin All.

How are you moving the body parts in Daz? Are you using the Translate Tool (The R/G/B Arrows on separate axes) or that ball-thing on the top left of the viewport? I don't use either personally as I dislike the lack of control, but if you're trying to move the palm of the hand, make sure you have the palm selected. Not the fingers or joints (which sounds like a possibility in this case.). If all else fails, and you don't get a solution from this or someone else, you could try asking over at the Daz forums (who'll likely be able to give more specific advice/answers). Or you can move body parts individually (or for that matter, use a premade pose and adjust body parts accordingly). For example, on the arms you can the twist/bend/side-side(or front-back) sliders to adjust the collars, shoulder bends, forearm bends, and hands individually. Then for the hand(s), you can select one and then go to the parameters pane and look for "Pose Controls" (may need to hit the arrow to the left of left/right hand), which'll give you finger and hand controls for fists, grasps, etc. Hopefully some of that helps a little.
that's right, when I was detailing the pose of the hand, I pressed the pins button without noticing it, after digging around in DAZ I managed to figure it out!

I always select the part of the body I want and then use the PARAMETERS tab to fine-tune it!

But thank you so much for replying!;)

Apr 18, 2021
So, if I merge a subset into the current scene, will it have the character posed properly and in whatever location? Because if not, the character preset or custom morph sounds closer to what I'm looking for. How do I make those?
Yes, a subset scene saves everything, including the pose and location. A regular scene and a scene subset are basically the same things, it's just a scene subset you can pick and choose what is in it and a regular scene is absolutely everything. You can merge regular scenes too and everything is added just the way you saved it. (except eye position, that is a whole other issue).

Reactions: NotSure142018
Apr 18, 2021
I discovered something today. You should never render in Daz with your CPU.
If a scene is too complex for your GPU, instead, hide several objects or as many as it takes to enable your GPU to be able to render the scene. Then hide/show the other objects and make separate renders, even using Spot Render if you need to. Then combine the images in Photoshop to build a composite of your entire scene the way it was meant to be.
In my case a complex CPU render with 4+ people and many objects may take 3-4 hours but doing several partial renders at 10-30 minutes each via GPU may only take an hour to achieve the same thing.

Badrabbit

Jul 19, 2017
I sometimes help, to a limited extent, in relation to the mod for Labrats2. One of the long running issues with the game is the lack of images. The game uses a wide range of partial images and puts them together for any image that gets displayed (depending on lots of different variables). There are a range of Daz images that look like they use Gen8Female body morphed with various different poses and clothes. Is there anyway to work back from the images to figure out (i) the settings used in the morphs (ii) the poses used and/or (iii) the clothes that are used? The idea would be to work back from the existing images, get the settings used for those images then vary the images for the mod. More generally, I'm trying to add to the images so more can be done in the mod. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I sometimes help, to a limited extent, in relation to the mod for Labrats2. One of the long running issues with the game is the lack of images. The game uses a wide range of partial images and puts them together for any image that gets displayed (depending on lots of different variables). There are a range of Daz images that look like they use Gen8Female body morphed with various different poses and clothes. Is there anyway to work back from the images to figure out (i) the settings used in the morphs (ii) the poses used and/or (iii) the clothes that are used? The idea would be to work back from the existing images, get the settings used for those images then vary the images for the mod. More generally, I'm trying to add to the images so more can be done in the mod. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Going from a rendered image back to the underlying model + morphs settings + poses + clothing... It's not going to be easy. There's no meta data or anything like that in images that would give info about the assets.

Unless you can get help from the original artist the only way will be to eyeball it and experiment to try to get close to the same look as the "official" images.

First up, I'd imagine you would be able to identify the clothing fairly easily just by looking through the available content for the specific types of clothing item. respectfully asking on forums to help identify assets can find some very helpful people.
Next. Working out the "character" skin/morph used on the G8F can be trickier, especially if they used more than one morph in combination. But there are some users who are relatively good at picking this out.
The Poses are the least important - if you are adding new images, they don't need to be in the same exact pose as existing content.
Render settings / lighting would ideally need to be experimented until you can get renders that "feel" the same as the originals.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Cool

Thanks
I'm not sure if you know about this part of the F95 forums but here: https://f95zone.to/forums/artwork.112/
It contains many threads where users post their own fan-art recreations of characters from popular games. Often there is discussion of the assets used to recreate the "official" characters. For some games, the original creator will even help by providing information.

I suggest you check it out and maybe find/start a thread for Labrats2. You might also find some support from other users if you post in the labrats2 game thread.

Good luck!

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So, I'm getting close to finishing a custom character and before I take it to blender, I have to solve a few issues first.

The most important one, has to do with LIEs. Specifically I use this one , but whether I use the g8f or the 8.1 version I get issues. In the 8.0 version the LIE doesn't cover part of the shoulder/arm, in the 8.1 it doesn't cover the front of the neck (posting a cropped image from the 8.0 version here).

fe39568907f91cf769c95ec75e277192.png

While I understand the UVs are messed up, I have no idea why. What I was thinking, was to open the files in photoshop, overlay them there and then load the combined image in Daz, but the LIE is in .duf, and I have no idea how to open that in Photoshop. Any help would be really appreciated here.

The next step after that, would be to 'flatten' them, so I have one texture instead of overlays. That would make it a lot easier to work with in Blender and Substance Painter if I decide to use the latter.

Another issue is the shader, while the base was Vic 8.1, the shader reports as non PBR when attempting to use Ultimate PBR manager. When I select the surfaces and manually apply the PBR shader, everything gets out of whack. Shader is too pale compared to how it was, eyes are plain white and no material can fix that etc. Is there a way to fix all that? I'm much more used to working with PBR in my 3d workflow, so if I get the shader to work, it'd be quite helpful.

For reference, I'm not making a game. I want a character for realistic renders, which is why I'd rather go with PBR and Cycles and possibly Painter for some small/extra detailing. I want the character to be the best she can before I factor in all the render settings and lighting etc. Not just 'good enough'.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I do not know this asset, but if you want to find the image in order to edit it, you can either
- open the duf in any text editor (like notepad if you do not have anything better) and search where it loads the lie and you will have the name of the file.
- alternatively apply the LIE and open the surface tab. In the LIE editor you will get the name of the actual image and be able to open it in PS or gimp.
- look in the zip and find the name of the files. Search for images (.jpg or .png, probably located somewhere in the "runtime" directory) and try to figure out what they do (hopefully the name will be self explanatory and similar to the name of the .duf scripts).

To bake a LIE, it can be done in PS or gimp easily. Just a matter of merging images of the skin and of the LIE images.
Alternatively, there are some tools to do that in DS like
Or you can rather use It is not initially intended for this purpose (rather to reduce the texture resolution to ease rendering), but before reducing the textures, it bake them and you can get the baked texture image if you want and apply it to the skin.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Thank you. I didn't know I could find a path to the actual images. Once I have that, I know how to handle it manually in PS to bake them, or even fix the UV issues I'm having.

Reactions: osanaiko

Choo-choo

Aug 8, 2017
Every time i open DAZ, GPU memory clock usage jumps to 100%, even while i am not using anything, just basic viewport texture shading(no iray preview etc)?
Is it normal or i got some sort of miner in DAZ?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Every time i open DAZ, GPU memory clock usage jumps to 100%, even while i am not using anything, just basic viewport texture shading(no iray preview etc)?
Is it normal or i got some sort of miner in DAZ?
If you downloaded Daz from the official site, then it's very unlikely you have a "miner".

The Daz Viewport has different display modes. Iray mode is using the GPU so will use the resources (and be very slow to update the view compared to other viewport display modes). Change to a different mode and the GPU should go back to normal.

Choo-choo

Aug 8, 2017
If you downloaded Daz from the official site, then it's very unlikely you have a "miner".

The Daz Viewport has different display modes. Iray mode is using the GPU so will use the resources (and be very slow to update the view compared to other viewport display modes). Change to a different mode and the GPU should go back to normal.
:unsure: nothing happens, every time DAZ studio opens, GPU memory jumps to 7000 MHz while everything else idle
antivirus scan shows nothing, seems some sort of a bug

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
:unsure: nothing happens, every time DAZ studio opens, GPU memory jumps to 7000 MHz while everything else idle
antivirus scan shows nothing, seems some sort of a bug
It's possible. Try upgrading your nvidia drivers perhaps?

You could also check the official forums, they are the best place to find bug reports.

Reactions: Choo-choo

Azodye

Aug 25, 2021
I have a question
So when I import a daz character with new gens for victoria 8 the texture appears black on the geo shell is their a fix or a way around it ?
Or even better a tutorial
By the way I used the daz to unity bridge

samibossno2

Jun 11, 2019
Hi! I was trying to buy an nvidia geforce gpu but i find a GIGABYTE geforce with a very reasonable price.So my question is does this GIGABYTE gpu work as Nvidia (or slightly less.I don't mind) or does it not at all?I don't know whether it's a rookie question
or not.It'd be helpful if someone ans on this topic.Thank you.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hi! I was trying to buy an nvidia geforce gpu but i find a GIGABYTE geforce with a very reasonable price.So my question is does this GIGABYTE gpu work as Nvidia (or slightly less.I don't mind) or does it not at all?I don't know whether it's a rookie question
or not.It'd be helpful if someone ans on this topic.Thank you.
Nvidia creates the chipsets, Gigabyte and a bunch of other manufacturers use those chipsets to make video cards. So if the Gigabyte card you want is using the Nvidia chips, then you are good to go. Yes, it's a rookie question, but we all had to start somewhere. :)

samibossno2

Jun 11, 2019
Nvidia creates the chipsets, Gigabyte and a bunch of other manufacturers use those chipsets to make video cards. So if the Gigabyte card you want is using the Nvidia chips, then you are good to go. Yes, it's a rookie question, but we all had to start somewhere. :)
So Gigabyte chips will work as good as Nvidia chips in daz?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote