3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

V-Ten

Jul 31, 2019
Something similar happened to me, I loaded a scene and my character was all distorted, I found out that another character morph that I was not even using it caused the problem, I just deleted the data file and it fixed, so the problem "probably" might be a morph that you recently installed.
Thanks for that advise, I did try and delete the data from some resent installs and didn't fix the issue. Perhaps something slipped through that I didn't catch... at this point I there's no way to know in that mess of data.

Reactions: Liphisbus

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I don't have a link but I've read threads about this issue - there are some cases where poorly setup morphs/characters can end up becoming permanently applied even to new figures. There was at least one which had step by step instructions on tracking down the source of the unwanted morphs. Try both these forums and the offical Daz forums and hopefully you'll find what you seek.

V-Ten

Jul 31, 2019
I don't have a link but I've read threads about this issue - there are some cases where poorly setup morphs/characters can end up becoming permanently applied even to new figures. There was at least one which had step by step instructions on tracking down the source of the unwanted morphs. Try both these forums and the offical Daz forums and hopefully you'll find what you seek.
Thank you for this information. Do you by chance recall any specific keywords I might use as a search starting point?

EDIT: I may have found it: https://f95zone.to/threads/genesis-8-morph-issue-please-help.31259/
Was this what you remember seeing?

Last edited:
Reactions: osanaiko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Thank you for this information. Do you by chance recall any specific keywords I might use as a search starting point?

EDIT: I may have found it: https://f95zone.to/threads/genesis-8-morph-issue-please-help.31259/
Was this what you remember seeing?
This is not the exact post I recall, but Rich 's advice is perfect. That is exactly how you might be able to fix it if there is a "rogue" JCM morph in play.

The other advice in the thread about temporarily moving some morphs out of the relevant folder and reloading daz and remaking a g8f is also good if Rich's method does not help. The only thing I would change is to do a "binary search" when looking for the broken morph - instead of moving "5 at a time" do this:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I am having trouble applying this hair:

https://f95zone.to/threads/dforce-classic-blowout-hair-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-females.97547/

All other hair seems fine but this ends up looking like a blown up octopus with no way for me to weight the hair down. What am I missing?
Haven't used this asset, but many dforce hair are like that and start completely tousled. This way they do not collide with the shoulders or the head which would make the dforce simulation explode.
What you are missing is just to simulate them. The product page states: "This Product only works with dForce Cloth Engine."

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah, you need to run a DForce simulation on the hair. Check the Daz official youtubes for training videos if you don't know how to dforce.

What you're seeing is the initial state of the hair so all the hair strands are separated and are not colliding, and they can then fall "naturally" once the effect of gravity is added.

ryankenn

Aug 14, 2018
I did find some video's to help me out. I haven't used DAZ since 2018 and quite a bit has changed. With the added realism has come alot of additional complexity that's for sure. I finally have a half decent computer and it still takes me 40 mins to render an image.

• Love
Reactions: osanaiko
Apr 18, 2021
I have to learn to walk before I can run... Sigh...

Is there a way to convert assests from one 3d engine to DAZ or vice versa. Like something from Honeyselect, or a game mod to daz? of is there a place with a tutorial video or something?
I made a tutorial on how to do this which only covers the basics of bringing pre-existing 3d model files from Blender into Daz Studio. As for converting and rigging models from games like honeyselect, that is an entirely additional process.
https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-i...and-assign-textures-or-shader-presets.111759/

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi,

Can anyone help with changing the colours on DBXXX's XY? https://f95zone.to/threads/xy-v1-5-g8m.22346/

I've tried highlighting the Character, the shell and i've tried using the 'surfaces' tool but nothing changes the skin tone.

Many thanks
Did you also get the "High Definition Materials" addon? (linked on the asset page) https://f95zone.to/threads/xy-hdm.28797/

Generally you can't easily adjust skin tone much using material controls, it doesn't look right if you try. The other genital add-ons like dicktator have scripts to copy textures from the parent figure. not sure about XY.

Also: did you read the whole thread on the asset page? there's lots of other Daz learners having similar issues and helpful people replying.

Ashbringer

Jan 28, 2019
Did you also get the "High Definition Materials" addon? (linked on the asset page) https://f95zone.to/threads/xy-hdm.28797/

Generally you can't easily adjust skin tone much using material controls, it doesn't look right if you try. The other genital add-ons like dicktator have scripts to copy textures from the parent figure. not sure about XY.

Also: did you read the whole thread on the asset page? there's lots of other Daz learners having similar issues and helpful people replying.
I probably didn't make myself clear in my original post. I'm not having an issue transferring the skin mats to the XY shell, I'm trying to use the colour preset options.

I did read the posts on the above thread and also checked https://f95zone.to/threads/xy-hdm.28797/ and neither had answers for my query, plus I've seen moderators as members not to post technical queries these pages, so I posted mine here.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I probably didn't make myself clear in my original post. I'm not having an issue transferring the skin mats to the XY shell, I'm trying to use the colour preset options.

I did read the posts on the above thread and also checked https://f95zone.to/threads/xy-hdm.28797/ and neither had answers for my query, plus I've seen moderators as members not to post technical queries these pages, so I posted mine here.
* NOTE: sorry for all the DICKPICS. Unless you like dick, in which case, you are welcome :ROFLMAO:

Well, here are the steps I took.

1. I don't have the extra skins installed, just the base "dbxxx-XY" product

2. Loaded a random dark skinned character "Kingston for G8M"

3, made sure the character was selected.

4. Added the XY with the "01" script.
- at this point the torso skin is white.
1648209280094.png

5. Made sure I selected the Character object in the scene tree

6. Copied the torso mat using script 02
- now the torso skin is correct. but the dick is the basis color.
1648209214398.png

7. In the Surfaces tab, selected the XY and drilled down to "Base->Diffuse->Translucency"

8. Changed the "Translucency color" setting until it looked close to the body skin.
1648209175366.png

Even now if you zoom in closely, you'll see the difference between the torso and dick surfaces. This is because the Diffuse Map is simply different. There's not much you can do to fix this except play with the material controls (translucency, sss color, base reflective color etc) to get as close as you can.

Does that help?

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Victoria 8.1 comes with (and I guess G8.1 too) a PBRSkin shader, but I cannot find it anywhere in the shader menu. I can find the iray uber base shader easily enough. Any clue on where it would be?

I managed to hack together a G8F character with a PBRSkin shader applied by jumping through some hoops, but I'd like to have a base shader available that I could just apply on any character.

Dragonbait

May 11, 2017
Hey everyone! I am sure I am not the first to ask this, but if someone is willing I would love any advice, directions, or even discord shared screen help in learning DAZ 3d and more of the advanced features. I have been playing with tutorials so far but I find them basic and lacking in actual usefulness. Well it is nice to know where to start I am looking for more of a power user guide or instructions. I am new to DAZ 3d and this side of design, but the tools are familiar and I find a lot of my knowledge seems to be semi transferable.

I have done a lot of drafting and 3d BIM building designs throughout my rl career and thought I would go back to my roots as a programmer by making a game.

I appreciate your patience and thank-you for your time.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hey everyone! I am sure I am not the first to ask this, but if someone is willing I would love any advice, directions, or even discord shared screen help in learning DAZ 3d and more of the advanced features. I have been playing with tutorials so far but I find them basic and lacking in actual usefulness. Well it is nice to know where to start I am looking for more of a power user guide or instructions. I am new to DAZ 3d and this side of design, but the tools are familiar and I find a lot of my knowledge seems to be semi transferable.

I have done a lot of drafting and 3d BIM building designs throughout my rl career and thought I would go back to my roots as a programmer by making a game.

What are you looking to do? Lighting? Erotic? Find the direction you want to start with and then go on from there. Narrowing what you're looking is going to make it easier to seek out what you want.

For lighting, I'd recommend looking at Dreamlight's stuff. He goes over the different lights (might be basic), but puts them to actual practical use. The Magical 8-Point Light Set , , and (all of which can be pirated if you know where to look.). There's also his . Also one for stuff. Though, I'd hold off on those for now. His , dunno if he's planning on reupping it.

Dragonbait

May 11, 2017
What are you looking to do? Lighting? Erotic? Find the direction you want to start with and then go on from there. Narrowing what you're looking is going to make it easier to seek out what you want.

For lighting, I'd recommend looking at Dreamlight's stuff. He goes over the different lights (might be basic), but puts them to actual practical use. The Magical 8-Point Light Set , , and (all of which can be pirated if you know where to look.). There's also his . Also one for stuff. Though, I'd hold off on those for now. His , dunno if he's planning on reupping it.
Lighting is definitely something I could use help with as I am used to working in lumens. I feel the general principal should be the same but not entirely sure.

My goal is to simply make some games. Though I would prefer to get the quality of models/backgrounds/lighting and poses right before I do anything. Quality matters and it really shows when people take the time to put a little love into their projects.

Once I get those down I would love to learn tricks for compression and animation to make things look more professional. Well I do intend to be adult focus on the game side I really want to get the characters right.

Apr 18, 2021

There are simply too many features to point to any one guide in general for "advanced" stuff. Also depends on your learning style. If you're a visual learner, YouTube is the best and there are some awesome tutorials there. I recommend WP Guru and Thundorn/Game Development Training has some good tips. It will help you have some experience. I had a background in Revit and Maya and found Daz pretty easy to learn but difficult to master. Recommend learning to manage your content library early and sorting everything if it is something you plan to really get into.

FYI lighting in Daz also uses lumens. Imo using HDRIs as lighting is a great shortcut and preferable to constantly setting up your own lights when possible.

Personally I have not found the official Daz forums to be very good but you may try there for specific tips.

Programming a game is going to be a whole other can of worms to get into. For many people that is harder than the modelling portion but your mileage may vary.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote