3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
I'm on my laptop so I'm not sure what I have in that setting, but I would imagine that's for obj. files and would point it to a directory of your choosing.
If you aren't going to load poser files I don't see why you would need to point it somewhere.

Edit: I'm also just learning and had the same problem of sorts you did when moving to another drive. Haven't used poser at all.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Actually, while I'm asking stupid questions, I have one more. What's the difference between Daz Studio Formats and Poser Formats in the Content Directory Manager? Right now I only have Daz pointing at the folder I want under Studio Formats. Do I need to also direct Daz to look for the folder under Poser Formats?
If you intend to use poser assets, you should of course tell daz studio where they can be found.
The main problem with poser assets is that the organisation is a real brain damage and it is very difficult to find an asset (and there is no way either to reorganize them or to use smart content). I have many poser assets, but I never use DIM to install them. Instead, I try to recreate a somehow sane structuration and I have several runtimes (for cloths, envs, props, etc). Depending on the asset, I copy its content in in the proper directory. These directories can be simply added to DS by RClicking in the "poser formats" and "add a runtime directory" to indicate the directory (must be done only once per directory).

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'm on my laptop so I'm not sure what I have in that setting, but I would imagine that's for obj. files and would point it to a directory of your choosing.
If you aren't going to load poser files I don't see why you would need to point it somewhere.

Edit: I'm also just learning and had the same problem of sorts you did when moving to another drive. Haven't used poser at all.
If you intend to use poser assets, you should of course tell daz studio where they can be found.
The main problem with poser assets is that the organisation is a real brain damage and it is very difficult to find an asset (and there is no way either to reorganize them or to use smart content). I have many poser assets, but I never use DIM to install them. Instead, I try to recreate a somehow sane structuration and I have several runtimes (for cloths, envs, props, etc). Depending on the asset, I copy its content in in the proper directory. These directories can be simply added to DS by RClicking in the "poser formats" and "add a runtime directory" to indicate the directory (must be done only once per directory).
ITT I learned that there's a program called Poser that is similar to Daz3d. It's like a veil was lifted and I instantly understand the things you're saying.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: fyl3toys

acusrola

May 30, 2020
When creating a geoshell for a model with Golden Palace and/or Dicktator/Futalicious they are added into the "shell" tab with the on/off button for shell visibility.

My questions is, does anyone know how can I add other items to the model geoshell specifically so that I would have a single geoshell with all "attachements" of a model?

I've been looking through some of the settings in for example scene id, but can't see anything specific that could help. The only thing I can guess quickly would be that GP / Dicktator is a geograft and that somehow applies.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
When creating a geoshell for a model with Golden Palace and/or Dicktator/Futalicious they are added into the "shell" tab with the on/off button for shell visibility.

My questions is, does anyone know how can I add other items to the model geoshell specifically so that I would have a single geoshell with all "attachements" of a model?

I've been looking through some of the settings in for example scene id, but can't see anything specific that could help. The only thing I can guess quickly would be that GP / Dicktator is a geograft and that somehow applies.
Geoshells act as a layer outside the object which can have different surface applied but are still perfectly aligned to the object.

I think geoshells are created as an "addon" to existing geometry.

They are not "objects" that are added to the scene, nor are they like geografts which are objects that "attach" to a figure by welding to specific vertexes.

The geoshell of e.g. dicktator is only applied to the geograft part, not the whole model (i think...!).

Reactions: acusrola

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Geoshells act as a layer outside the object which can have different surface applied but are still perfectly aligned to the object.

I think geoshells are created as an "addon" to existing geometry.

They are not "objects" that are added to the scene, nor are they like geografts which are objects that "attach" to a figure by welding to specific vertexes.

The geoshell of e.g. dicktator is only applied to the geograft part, not the whole model (i think...!).
I understand what geoshells are, everything you said was correct - except...

shell.jpg
Here's a screen from DAZ, left image is GP shell that comes with GP, and right is a geoshell I applied. The geoshell of GP is only applied to GP to make the blending work I think. So yeah, that's right it's only applied to the geograft, but it is still available for the base geoshell as well.

But my question still remains. How could I add other items to the base GS? It'd be helpful to have items in the base GS to ease with mesh smoothing. Now I have to do it through dforce simming and it's not always super handy.

chudashi

Jul 12, 2020

View attachment 1823120
Here's a screen from DAZ, left image is GP shell that comes with GP, and right is a geoshell I applied. The geoshell of GP is only applied to GP to make the blending work I think. So yeah, that's right it's only applied to the geograft, but it is still available for the base geoshell as well.

But my question still remains. How could I add other items to the base GS? It'd be helpful to have items in the base GS to ease with mesh smoothing. Now I have to do it through dforce simming and it's not always super handy.
what other items are you trying to add?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017

(image snipped)

Ahh, you're correct. I'm out of my knowledge depth now. Sorry I can't help.

Cyanchan

Dec 20, 2021
I am beyond frustrated right now. I'm extremely new to DAZ.
I tried a lot of models and the eyelashes are like this
a.jpg b.jpg

Help me, please.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I am beyond frustrated right now. I'm extremely new to DAZ.
I tried a lot of models and the eyelashes are like this
View attachment 1825996 View attachment 1825997

Help me, please.
Not to a be dick, but you can't just post pictures and expect people to help you with no context. What is the model? How are you loading them model? Are you using the eyelashes that came with the model? Is the model selected when you add the eyelashes? When you're adding the eyelashes, is there a RSL (3Delight) and a MDL (Iray) option? If so, choose the MDL (which looks like it could be the issue here.) option. Are you using external lashes? If so, from who? Is a lash set? From another model? Are they LIE? Have you checked out a beginners tutorial for Daz? Parmy has . Follow what he does and see if you still get an issue.

The only time I've come across something like this personally is when I put on another figure's makeup (or something of that sort) and Ctrl + Z it, but even then, they're usually white.

Cyanchan

Dec 20, 2021
Not to a be dick, but you can't just post pictures and expect people to help you with no context. What is the model? How are you loading them model? Are you using the eyelashes that came with the model? Is the model selected when you add the eyelashes? When you're adding the eyelashes, is there a RSL (3Delight) and a MDL (Iray) option? If so, choose the MDL (which looks like it could be the issue here.) option. Are you using external lashes? If so, from who? Is a lash set? From another model? Are they LIE? Have you checked out a beginners tutorial for Daz? Parmy has . Follow what he does and see if you still get an issue.

The only time I've come across something like this personally is when I put on another figure's makeup (or something of that sort) and Ctrl + Z it, but even then, they're usually white.
Thanks for your reply
I'm using this artist's model
https://f95zone.to/threads/gcc-doa-momiji-for-g8f.78183/

I just loads the whole model normally, nothing else is done.
Other artists' models do not present a problem.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Thanks for your reply
I'm using this artist's model
https://f95zone.to/threads/gcc-doa-momiji-for-g8f.78183/

I just loads the whole model normally, nothing else is done.
Other artists' models do not present a problem.
It cut off my settings at the end, so I attached a recording of the recording of my settings below the top video. Ignore the 4K resolution, completely unnecessary here. Same for the samples/time on Progressive Rendering. Top video shows the typical setup process, then the last is settings I'm currently using. If that doesn't work, then I'm wondering there's something funky going on with the maps.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Reactions: Cyanchan

Cyanchan

Dec 20, 2021
It cut off my settings at the end, so I attached a recording of the recording of my settings below the top video. Ignore the 4K resolution, completely unnecessary here. Same for the samples/time on Progressive Rendering. Top video shows the typical setup process, then the last is settings I'm currently using. If that doesn't work, then I'm wondering there's something funky going on with the maps.

Hopefully this helps a bit.
I've got it. eyelashes become normal :LOL:
Thank you so much for your help.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I've got it. eyelashes become normal :LOL:
Thank you so much for your help.
If you don't mind answering, I'm sort of curious what the issue was and what fixed it?

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I need some assistance!! ( Again :) )
I have made a few animations already, but the one that I ma setting up now the characters jump all over the place ie: from one end of the setting to another with each frame ???
Is there a way to clear the key frame buffer ( where the characters move from place to place ) I think I had this issue once before a while back, but don't remember what or how I fixed it, or even if I gave up...
I hope I worded this right to be understood..

The other issue I had is on the back burner for the moment. I have came to the conclusion that the rendering time issue is somewhere in the asset itself. ??? I think something got corrupted some how. But for now I have this issue...

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I need some assistance!! ( Again :) )
I have made a few animations already, but the one that I ma setting up now the characters jump all over the place ie: from one end of the setting to another with each frame ???
Is there a way to clear the key frame buffer ( where the characters move from place to place ) I think I had this issue once before a while back, but don't remember what or how I fixed it, or even if I gave up...
I hope I worded this right to be understood..

The other issue I had is on the back burner for the moment. I have came to the conclusion that the rendering time issue is somewhere in the asset itself. ??? I think something got corrupted some how. But for now I have this issue...
If you mean the whole animation just slide the slider thingy back to zero and save it then reload it, there are other ways but this is the easiest.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
If you mean the whole animation just slide the slider thingy back to zero and save it then reload it, there are other ways but this is the easiest.
I'll see if I can get a couple of screen shots to better explain. It's just one character that moves this time ???

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Here is a few screen shots. ??? Male moves all over the area????? But never back to start position.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
loading the same character causes it to take longer to load. Looking into the log i found this

2022-05-23 20:41:43.716 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
2022-05-23 20:41:43.734
2022-05-23 20:42:18.872 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (open): 0m 59.114s

2022-05-23 20:43:48.933 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
2022-05-23 20:45:07.299
2022-05-23 20:45:29.136 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 1m 52.885

2022-05-23 20:46:37.441 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
2022-05-23 20:49:02.575
2022-05-23 20:49:24.671 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 2m 59.888s

I loaded the same character just to try and isolate the issue but the same happens with every new character i add regardless.

Any ideas ? having a char load in 1 minute is one thing, having every other character take one minute more for each character you load is insane.

I will have to say that this happens when i load custom characters that are saved as scene subset.
loading standard characters doesn't make them take progressively longer to load.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote