3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
It's not like I'm trying to do anything amazing with it, I'm literally just asking dForce to drape this cloak down like 3-4 cm so I don't have that gap by the arm and the cloak. That's it. But dForce says no :/ In that scene it won't even let me simulate that cloak in the most basic of basic settings, even when everything is identical to a working scene-setup. It's fucking weird. This is genuinely one of the most baffling wtf-issues I've encountered with DAZ so far.

View attachment 2208582
That is WIERD! I don't know what is going on???

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Yea... nope. Still not working. They are the exact same, simulation-settings, what's visible etc. I made sure both Base genesis 8 characters are located in the absolute world-origin. Still no dice. I can reproduce the working scene fine in a new scene so there's that. I fucking hate dForce.
Last ditch things you could try is to move the character/item slightly away from origin. Dforce (and daz positioning) uses floating points. this results in weird behaviors in a few ways (such as the infamous black eye surface when characters are a long way from origin), and a tiny change of coordinate position could make the calcs land differently.

For the record, I also hate dforce.

Another route that many devs take is to use marvelous designer for the cloth sim. it's a bit of a rigamarole with importing/exporting characters and stuff but you get far better cloth results.

Reactions: Yuuki4

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Last ditch things you could try is to move the character/item slightly away from origin. Dforce (and daz positioning) uses floating points. this results in weird behaviors in a few ways (such as the infamous black eye surface when characters are a long way from origin), and a tiny change of coordinate position could make the calcs land differently.

Another route that many devs take is to use marvelous designer for the cloth sim. it's a bit of a rigamarole with importing/exporting characters and stuff but you get far better cloth results.
still it doesn't seem that perfect compared to when dforce works perfectly. But again i wud use marvelous in case dforce got issues with a cloth.

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018

Yea, I'll probably be looking into MD since dForce never really seem to work for me in any kind of short time. I spent WAY to long on just that tiny little adjustment for the cloak, at some point I just gotta ask myself wtf is the point?

The cloak is supposed to be dForce ready, it should've worked fine from the get go, but it wouldn't even work from the vendors initial position:
https://f95zone.to/threads/dforce-desert-heart-clothing-for-g8f.105236/

Not a single dForce object worked in that original scene, I have no idea why. Tried a couple other pieces in their base positions (no clipping) on a base G8F, and every single simulation crashed the application by exploding the dForce object. I still have no fucking clue what was wrong. Same simulation-settings, same cloak positions, same poses etc. even the EXACT same character-coordinates in the scene. Yet one works, and the other doesn't.

I did manage to get it to work eventually, by "just" rebuilding the entire scene. It turned out fine, but it REALLY should not have taken that much effort.

Before:
Rebekah_Initial_1440_13.png After:
Rebekah_Initial_1440_14.png

Like, don't get me wrong I think it looks better, but bruh that was NOT worth HOURS.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Yea, I'll probably be looking into MD since dForce never really seem to work for me in any kind of short time. I spent WAY to long on just that tiny little adjustment for the cloak, at some point I just gotta ask myself wtf is the point?

The cloak is supposed to be dForce ready, it should've worked fine from the get go, but it wouldn't even work from the vendors initial position:
https://f95zone.to/threads/dforce-desert-heart-clothing-for-g8f.105236/

Not a single dForce object worked in that original scene, I have no idea why. Tried a couple other pieces in their base positions (no clipping) on a base G8F, and every single simulation crashed the application by exploding the dForce object. I still have no fucking clue what was wrong. Same simulation-settings, same cloak positions, same poses etc. even the EXACT same character-coordinates in the scene. Yet one works, and the other doesn't.

I did manage to get it to work eventually, by "just" rebuilding the entire scene. It turned out fine, but it REALLY should not have taken that much effort.

Before:
View attachment 2210672 After:
View attachment 2210673

Like, don't get me wrong I think it looks better, but bruh that was NOT worth HOURS.
tbh for that small detail you shouldn't feel that concerned. Most people wouldn't even notice. It is only as creators we dwell on the tiny details.

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
tbh for that small detail you shouldn't feel that concerned. Most people wouldn't even notice. It is only as creators we dwell on the tiny details.
Yea, you're right, it's just that I like making scenes where I can take pictures from different angles. When I go just a bit to the right without having the cloak conform properly it looks ... bad lol.

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Okay, so I have a bit of a weird question.

I want to make a cum-asset that I can move around easy, that behaves like proper geometry.
I've tried using geometry-shells, where it's super-easy to position the cum-asset, and it conforms to the figure splendidly.
Basically I've taken a splash pattern, mapped that onto a face in gimp and have set it up with maps for base-bump, top-coat bump, a cut out and a displacement map mixed with a custom cum-shader. It looks like this.

1670093440297.png

My issue with this is two-fold:
1: I can't figure out how to make it look like it has thick and thin sections like realistic cum would.
2: I can't figure out how to make the geometry look more nuanced, which makes it more realistic. When I tweak the shader, it does the same thing all over the entire geo-shell, which makes it look sorta unrealistic.

As a comparison, I have a random asset from DragiHadzitosic. Using that same custom shader, that asset looks great (imo anyway) and by just adjusting the Scattering Measurement Distance I can make it look like it has thick and thinner parts, where thicker parts go white-ish and thinner part become water-y. Kinda like real cum. It also has parts of the geometry that looks really thick, which is more realistic than I manage with the geo-shell approach.

1670093935428.png

My issue with that asset is that ... well it's got a fixed position, and I wanna be able to move it around, and make other shapes lol.

So my question is how would I do that? Is there a way I'm not seeing with geo-shells so I can make the shapes in gimp/PS, and it acts with the lighting like the geometry in DragiHadzitosic' asset?

I'm starting to think I'm better off making an entirely new geometry in some other program, import my figure from DAZ to that and place the cum where I want it in the shape I want it. Then export that cum-asset to DAZ as a wearable (like the DragiHadzitosic' asset is) custom made for that figure.

How would I do that, and what program should I be using for that, so it is as simple as possible? Blender? ZBrush? Something else?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Okay, so I have a bit of a weird question.

I want to make a cum-asset that I can move around easy, that behaves like proper geometry.
I've tried using geometry-shells, where it's super-easy to position the cum-asset, and it conforms to the figure splendidly.

How would I do that, and what program should I be using for that, so it is as simple as possible? Blender? ZBrush? Something else?
That example you had at the top looked really good already. You could ship it like that and many, myself included, would be impressed.

Speaking to the core question of how to make assets *like* DragiHadzitosic (DH), first step would be to analyze and understand how his products work. Are they geoshells? L.I.E.s? or more like the CumProPack asset which has geometry that you dforce onto the body part?

If it is geoshells with displacement/bump and diffuse etc texture maps, then find out what those texture images are by digging into his asset files, and then try remaking some alternatives with your preferred layout of "splash damage", and plug them back into the shader he uses....

...<elevator music plays>...

Aaaaand 45 minutes later I'm back from the rabbit hole. I have unlocked the mysteries.

I dug through all the stuff that makes up the DH "Cum addict" asset. There are 6 variations of bukkake prop. Each one contains:

- a 3d model of coatings and drips that is parented to the selected figure and conforms to the figure geometry. NOT a geoshell.

1670111333988.png

- a UV map

1670111396220.png

- material definitions for "default" and "cum" that map the three images into the relevant channels of a standard Iray Uber shader

- and three image files: Bump, Refraction, and Normal.

1670111509404.png 1670111555946.png 1670111604607.png

And here's what it looks like all together:

1670112530579.png

Does that information help? probably not much unless you are very keen.

If it was me trying to do this, here is how I would approach making a custom variation:

- import a base daz model G8.1 whatever model into blender and then model some splats and splashes as separate geometry. note that it looks like DH has done closed 3d volumes, perhaps that's needed for the refraction to work?
- do uv maps for your new geometry
- paint some images for bump/normal/diffraction following a similar pattern to the above (I know little about this part, perhaps some tool like substance painter would help?)
- export only the jism geometry from blender
- import into Daz
- somehow make it a conforming child of the figure (not sure how to do this)
- apply an iray uber shader and setup the 3 relevant channels like DH does, with your texture maps

And all that would be for a one-shot custom design. To make it into a re-usable asset, I guess there is more to it.

Last edited:

NotSure142018

Jul 5, 2020
Other than George are there any decent fat dude models for DAZ/G8M? Maybe...not quite that fat, but I'm looking for a chubby neckbeard type character and I'm not sure where to start.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Other than George are there any decent fat dude models for DAZ/G8M? Maybe...not quite that fat, but I'm looking for a chubby neckbeard type character and I'm not sure where to start.
Grab this asset and see if it gets you closer to what you need:
https://f95zone.to/threads/genesis-8-male-female-body-morphs-unofficial-bundle.9169/

You might also need something like https://f95zone.to/threads/200-plus...ndle-for-genesis-8-female-s-and-male-s.22612/ to get the appropriate facial width and double chin.

There is a Trilby hat in this pack, just needs a re-texture:

I vaguely remember a "neck beard" facial hair asset but no idea what it was called.

Hope that helps. You'll have to write the "M'lady" text yourself however.

EDIT:
the madrigras hat is in this bundle: https://f95zone.to/threads/mardis-gras-bundle-g8f-g81-f.124684/

Last edited:

NotSure142018

Jul 5, 2020
Grab this asset and see if it gets you closer to what you need:
https://f95zone.to/threads/genesis-8-male-female-body-morphs-unofficial-bundle.9169/

I vaguely remember a "neck beard" facial hair asset but no idea what it was called.

There is a Trilby hat in this pack, just needs a re-texture:

Hope that helps. You'll have to write the "M'lady" text yourself however.
Awesome, thank you!

Reactions: osanaiko

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
That example you had at the top looked really good already. You could ship it like that and many, myself included, would be impressed.
I mean, it's REALLY easy to do, so it's not really worth shipping. The real champion in this is the shader, but that's just a random shader I found here somewhere and tweaked a bit more to my liking lol.

Speaking to the core question of how to make assets *like* DragiHadzitosic (DH), first step would be to analyze and understand how his products work. Are they geoshells? L.I.E.s? or more like the CumProPack asset which has geometry that you dforce onto the body part?

If it is geoshells with displacement/bump and diffuse etc texture maps, then find out what those texture images are by digging into his asset files, and then try remaking some alternatives with your preferred layout of "splash damage", and plug them back into the shader he uses....

...<elevator music plays>...

Aaaaand 45 minutes later I'm back from the rabbit hole. I have unlocked the mysteries.

I dug through all the stuff that makes up the DH "Cum addict" asset. There are 6 variations of bukkake prop. Each one contains:

- a 3d model of coatings and drips that is parented to the selected figure and conforms to the figure geometry. NOT a geoshell.

View attachment 2211747

- a UV map

View attachment 2211748

- material definitions for "default" and "cum" that map the three images into the relevant channels of a standard Iray Uber shader

- and three image files: Bump, Refraction, and Normal.

View attachment 2211752 View attachment 2211754 View attachment 2211755

And here's what it looks like all together:

View attachment 2211785

Does that information help? probably not much unless you are very keen.

If it was me trying to do this, here is how I would approach making a custom variation:

- import a base daz model G8.1 whatever model into blender and then model some splats and splashes as separate geometry. note that it looks like DH has done closed 3d volumes, perhaps that's needed for the refraction to work?
- do uv maps for your new geometry
- paint some images for bump/normal/diffraction following a similar pattern to the above (I know little about this part, perhaps some tool like substance painter would help?)
- export only the jism geometry from blender
- import into Daz
- somehow make it a conforming child of the figure (not sure how to do this)
- apply an iray uber shader and setup the 3 relevant channels like DH does, with your texture maps
I love this break-down, thank you so much! And yeah, I agree with your assessment that it has to be a proper geometry with enclosed volume for the diffusion to work properly. Which is why the geo-shell approach kinda lack in realism, gotta have them cum globules lol.

And all that would be for a one-shot custom design. To make it into a re-usable asset, I guess there is more to it.
Well the point is to make a re-usable asset that I can tweak and position as I like without any major pain while doing it. For the geo-shell approach I basically just have a cutout and a displacement map (removed the other shite, and it still works so yay). Both of those are REALLY easy to position and then transfer to DAZ.

I kinda don't think doing it in Blender would be that different, in terms of ease-of-reposition and changing patterns. As far as I can tell, if I set up a slime simulation with a random pattern in Blender (meaning a slime plastering a G8 model in Blender) then I can transfer that to DAZ and make it a wearable prop the same way DH has done it (assuming it was done in Blender idk). So, assuming I can make ONE of those work, then I know how to do it and can use that to tweak the pattern, and position it to my hearts content lol. I'll definitely be looking into learning Blender

With all that said I did figure out a haxxor way of making the geo-shell approach look better. I use TWO geo-shells. One for the more cum-shaded details, and one for the thinner spit-shaded details with the cum-layer positioned just slightly above the spit layer. The cum shaded layer cover less area than the spit-layer, which I've done by just deleting more of the original shape with the cutout-map.

When I exaggerate the effect it looks like this (cum = white, spit = yellow).

1670160061299.png

Or when I fiddle a bit with the shader, left looks like spilled milk and the right looks kinda like cum:
1670160140048.png

Obviously the shape itself need work, but that's actually not that hard (I think anyway). It's just some random slime shape, that worked for testing purposes. This whole thing is stupid easy to reposition. The sadge part is, again, no volume so you're not getting the drops effect.

TL:DR, THANK YOU FOR THAT AWESOME BREAKDOWN, and fuck I gotta learn Blender.

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
There's also Mr Bennet if that's more to your liking:
https://f95zone.to/threads/mr-benne...cessories-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-males.105793/

I do like the "Genesis 8 Male & Female Body Morphs" bundle that Osaniku linked, I use that to just give characters a bit of fluff once I've gotten them to look sorta how I wanted it. I used that to make this glorious fat bastard:

1670161199141.png

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Okay, so I'm trying to make a character with small tits like these two:

1670588162253.png

My issue is that most of the character-morhps I have has gigantic boobs, that aren't even getting close to "small tits"-territory (IMO anyway) even when I make their tits smaller lol:

1670588607896.png

Now, I could change the limits of the slider, to make them even smaller, but that also just looks super-weird. What I've found works best is if I use character-morphs that already decreases the tit-size. It also makes the character look more natural when I mix those to get the shape I'm looking for.

So my question is just simple, does anyone know of any Character-morphs that has tits on the smaller size, like:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sase-leigh-for-genesis-8-g8f.61711/
or
https://f95zone.to/threads/cui-and-cui-hair-with-expressions-for-genesis-8-1-female.90750/

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020

View attachment 2223456

My issue is that most of the character-morhps I have has gigantic boobs, that aren't even getting close to "small tits"-territory (IMO anyway) even when I make their tits smaller lol:

View attachment 2223466

Now, I could change the limits of the slider, to make them even smaller, but that also just looks super-weird. What I've found works best is if I use character-morphs that already decreases the tit-size. It also makes the character look more natural when I mix those to get the shape I'm looking for.

So my question is just simple, does anyone know of any Character-morphs that has tits on the smaller size, like:

or
https://f95zone.to/threads/cui-and-cui-hair-with-expressions-for-genesis-8-1-female.90750/
I use this for things like that I also like small boobs :)

https://f95zone.to/threads/partial-petite-body-morphs-g8f-vol-1-2.83327/

1670599426822.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Yuuki4

NotSure142018

Jul 5, 2020
There's also Mr Bennet if that's more to your liking:
https://f95zone.to/threads/mr-benne...cessories-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-males.105793/

I do like the "Genesis 8 Male & Female Body Morphs" bundle that Osaniku linked, I use that to just give characters a bit of fluff once I've gotten them to look sorta how I wanted it. I used that to make this glorious fat bastard:

View attachment 2212772
Thanks! That's still a bit older than I was looking for, but more options is always nice. I love me some ugly bastards!

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022

View attachment 2223456

View attachment 2223466

or
why not use the characters u listed as links?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote