3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Veibabe

Jul 15, 2021
Man you make load all of my old daz skins just to be sure lol.
I'm 0.4 everywhere. I'm pretty sure I used Vic 8.1 as base with an edited diffuse/SSS map.
0.2 may be to whitish in normal condtion - but then if you re making a VN (and don't make totally bland render) you will deal with over/under lighted condition on a daily basis, so don't write everything in stone.

Also eyes are the most critical thing ever as it's what your brain interpret first. You can have the most perfect skin, if you fuck up the eyes, you fucked up. That's why I redirect people to Vic 8.1 which seems to be the easiest road.
Okay, I noticed somewhat grey tint when using high value. Are you using default Vic 8.1 eye textures? I'll try to look at it as kind of a baseline. I read that sclera is fully opaque in real life so this translucency getting right seems hard.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Okay, I noticed somewhat grey tint when using high value. Are you using default Vic 8.1 eye textures? I'll try to look at it as kind of a baseline. I read that sclera is fully opaque in real life so this translucency getting right seems hard.
Opaque yeah in a way, fully opaque like say a stone no, you want your sclera to absorb and reflect a tiny portion of light. The more it absorb, the darker it get. Far I remember I only edited iris color to what I have in mind and nothing else. If you use Vic 8.1 eyes on a g8 model as a baseline, you will need to convert sclera surface to PBRSkin shader (Shader Presets\Iray\Daz PBRSkin), or maybe it will do it automatically I don't remember. You can also change transmited/SSS colors to something more whitish than the default but never really had to.

Veibabe

Jul 15, 2021
Opaque yeah in a way, fully opaque like say a stone no, you want your sclera to absorb and reflect a tiny portion of light. The more it absorb, the darker it get. Far I remember I only edited iris color to what I have in mind and nothing else. If you use Vic 8.1 eyes on a g8 model as a baseline, you will need to convert sclera surface to PBRSkin shader (Shader Presets\Iray\Daz PBRSkin), or maybe it will do it automatically I don't remember. You can also change transmited/SSS colors to something more whitish than the default but never really had to.
I am actually converting PBRskin to Uber. I am not really feeling it. I think it was a step back honestly.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I am actually converting PBRskin to Uber. I am not really feeling it. I think it was a step back honestly.
I do also prefer Uber - as bloated as it is but hey. It also very possible there is now way better eyes than the vic8.1 ones, I havn't done something with Daz in ages. That said I had not so bad result with it:

p1.jpg

I quickly looked at vic g9 ones, they looks really cool for sure too. That said while transfering g8 shape to g9, it messes with the eyeballs (looks like the mouth too?), not sure how to fix that outside editing the mesh directly.

Reactions: Veibabe

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Not really an outright help request, but I didn't want to make a thread for this alone.

Anyone have / know any G3F or 8F models of a Slavic appearance?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Not really an outright help request, but I didn't want to make a thread for this alone.

Anyone have / know any G3F or 8F models of a Slavic appearance?
Isn't that just 80% of the models except you give them a slight frown expression?

/s :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: acusrola

Maxsterbrge

Aug 30, 2017
Hey, first time here. I have a small problem on DAZ.
I was doing a new character, like I always do, and I found out, that after rendering her, she had a face... to much assymetrical.
I mean, I don't have issues with some little imperfections to make the face more realist, but in this case, It was a little disturbing to see how one side of the face looked too much different from the other side.
Now, the problem is that after going some hours trying to fix it, I decided to try and re do her, again because I didn't found a way to make both sides of the face work around. But then when I started to set up the scene again, I found out, that now, it's was not only this character, but all, that where with some small assymetry, even the 8, 8.1 male and female, when it's supposed that this models are symmetrical on his mose basic way. I already tried doing zero on all, and reloading the software multiple times, but I don't see the light. So I wanted to know, if someone knows of a product that can help me (not puppeter or 200 face morphs, I already have them) to fix this, or if there is another solution that doesn't involve myself deleting all my daz folder and re downloading around 1k of assets again.
Here's the render, as evidence of my pain. Test1.png

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Hey, first time here. I have a small problem on DAZ.
I was doing a new character, like I always do, and I found out, that after rendering her, she had a face... to much assymetrical.
I mean, I don't have issues with some little imperfections to make the face more realist, but in this case, It was a little disturbing to see how one side of the face looked too much different from the other side.
Now, the problem is that after going some hours trying to fix it, I decided to try and re do her, again because I didn't found a way to make both sides of the face work around. But then when I started to set up the scene again, I found out, that now, it's was not only this character, but all, that where with some small assymetry, even the 8, 8.1 male and female, when it's supposed that this models are symmetrical on his mose basic way. I already tried doing zero on all, and reloading the software multiple times, but I don't see the light. So I wanted to know, if someone knows of a product that can help me (not puppeter or 200 face morphs, I already have them) to fix this, or if there is another solution that doesn't involve myself deleting all my daz folder and re downloading around 1k of assets again.
Here's the render, as evidence of my pain. View attachment 2383744
This is a problem that can happen with an incorrectly coded character. Generally a char which has morph with a default value at 1 that will propagate to all the other chars.

If the problem happened after you installed a new char, you can try uninstalling it and restarting DS.

If you absolutely want to keep it, here is a method that works most of the time.
1/ load a new scene with a G8F (base character)
2/ select the G8F. Got to parameter tab. In the hamburger menu at the upper left corner, check properties>show hidden properties
Look at "Currently used" in the parameter tabs
All values should be at zero. If not, this may be the cause of the problem. Set the value and the default value (on the gear at the upper right) to 0
3/ Once everything is cleared, save it with File>Save As>Support Assets>Modified Support Assets
4/ Quit DS, restart it and check with a brand new G8F that it works properly.

Veibabe

Jul 15, 2021
I do also prefer Uber - as bloated as it is but hey. It also very possible there is now way better eyes than the vic8.1 ones, I havn't done something with Daz in ages. That said I had not so bad result with it:

View attachment 2365752

I quickly looked at vic g9 ones, they looks really cool for sure too. That said while transfering g8 shape to g9, it messes with the eyeballs (looks like the mouth too?), not sure how to fix that outside editing the mesh directly.
Very nice render. I found that 0.25 translucency works best for me all across the board plus edited eye texture and also edited Uber shader properties. Original are not very good.

Maxsterbrge

Aug 30, 2017
This is a problem that can happen with an incorrectly coded character. Generally a char which has morph with a default value at 1 that will propagate to all the other chars.

If the problem happened after you installed a new char, you can try uninstalling it and restarting DS.

If you absolutely want to keep it, here is a method that works most of the time.
1/ load a new scene with a G8F (base character)
2/ select the G8F. Got to parameter tab. In the hamburger menu at the upper left corner, check properties>show hidden properties
Look at "Currently used" in the parameter tabs
All values should be at zero. If not, this may be the cause of the problem. Set the value and the default value (on the gear at the upper right) to 0
3/ Once everything is cleared, save it with File>Save As>Support Assets>Modified Support Assets
4/ Quit DS, restart it and check with a brand new G8F that it works properly.
Yeah, that was my first solution, but looks like even doing that don't fix it.
I have been trying to see what it can be happening, but I just can't find the problem. I would probably go and delete the last things that I installed.
Also, as I was looking through on test renders, it's like if one side of the face was smaller or it was like rotated. It's just too weird.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah, that was my first solution, but looks like even doing that don't fix it.
I have been trying to see what it can be happening, but I just can't find the problem. I would probably go and delete the last things that I installed.
Also, as I was looking through on test renders, it's like if one side of the face was smaller or it was like rotated. It's just too weird.
Install Daz morphs manager.
Remove everything - and reactivate step by step until you fint out.

Mengal

Sep 11, 2018
Can someone explain to me what's going on here? 0,39% completion rate while the render looks done.
PS: I updated my driver yesterday so maybe that's the issue?

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Can someone explain to me what's going on here? 0,39% completion rate while the render looks done.
PS: I updated my driver yesterday so maybe that's the issue?

This might be totally unrelated, but I saw the same a few days ago after I upped the model's subdiv from 1 to 3. Before doing that, the render completed in about 5-10 minutes (cut by the convergence hitting the 95% mark) and afterwards it was happy to render for 20+ minutes (when I shut it manually) without a single convergence update.

If you are looking at the render whilst its being done, you can kinda ignore the convergence since your eyes (as you said it looks done) are better at telling when the final render looks good, than the algorithm. You should use the convergence for rendering (actively anyway), when you are not monitoring it.

tl;dr: Don't worry about the convergence not updating when you are monitoring the render yourself.

Edit: I updated my GPU drivers back in december I think, so the driver's are probably not related.

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
I've been following some tutorials to try and export from DAZ to character creator/iClone and one thing I've noticed... is my export options don't match the tutorial.

Here's the tutorial:
fbxexport tutorial.png

and here's mine:
fbxexport-me.png

Seems like more options but it's lacking "Merge Clothing in Figure Skeleton" I've seen the same export options on tutorials that are only a few months old... am I missing a plugin or something?

Does anyone know if there's a way to match the export options? I've seen the same export option in blender export tutorials tooo...

I can't help but feel like it would resolve issues like:
renderbroke.png

Last edited:

grohotor

May 15, 2020
111.png
strand based hair isn't working. line tessellation settings doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?
geografts also stopped replacing geometry, i was about to go full scorched earth and reinstall a bunch of stuff until i figured out the issue. I was on the mesh graber tool and when using that or geometry editor those things stop working.

Il leave this up in case someone else runs into this problem

Last edited:

Veibabe

Jul 15, 2021
View attachment 2436076
strand based hair isn't working. line tessellation settings doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?
geografts also stopped replacing geometry, i was about to go full scorched earth and reinstall a bunch of stuff until i figured out the issue. I was on the mesh graber tool and when using that or geometry editor those things stop working.

Il leave this up in case someone else runs into this problem
Try looking at what the hair density is set to in surfaces.

Veibabe

Jul 15, 2021
no__name Hello, I remember you mentioning something about vendors with good skin quality. Who would you recommend outside original Daz?

10xRecoil

Aug 28, 2020
y translate.PNG

Is there a way to change the value of a parameter(in this case, y axis=6.61) to all the keyframes at once ?
I am changing it frame by frame and its tedious.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote