3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

The_Hat

Oct 25, 2022
Hi Folks,

Been dabbling with a mix of Blender, Koikatsu and Ren'Py to get an idea of what creating a VN entails and had looked at DAZ 3D initially but got confused about the whole interactive licence thinking it would cost a fortune. Have now researched it a bit more and discovered that for renders going into a VN it's not needed, so have started learning this instead.

I've worked out that I might need to get one of the Pro models to get anatomy from DAZ and / or I can get anatomy from somewhere like Renderotica. But the more I read, the more different references I see, for example some characters on Renderosity talk about something called Growing Up on Daz etc.

I'm sure I can figure all this out with further reading, I was just wondering if there was one guide somewhere that maybe lists the minimum assets and resources needed to start down this road?

17MOONKEYS

Adult Fairy Tales
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
Black eye bug, your character is too far away from the world center. Under Render Settings change Optimization > Instancing Optimization > Memory.
It works for me:

Surfaces tab > {your character's name} > Surfaces > Eye Moisture > Base > Refraction Weight. Probably defaulted to 1.00, reduce it. I've sometimes had the problem corrected if I reduce it even to 0.9999, sometimes you have to reduce it further.

Apr 18, 2021
Hi Folks,

Been dabbling with a mix of Blender, Koikatsu and Ren'Py to get an idea of what creating a VN entails and had looked at DAZ 3D initially but got confused about the whole interactive licence thinking it would cost a fortune. Have now researched it a bit more and discovered that for renders going into a VN it's not needed, so have started learning this instead.

I've worked out that I might need to get one of the Pro models to get anatomy from DAZ and / or I can get anatomy from somewhere like Renderotica. But the more I read, the more different references I see, for example some characters on Renderosity talk about something called Growing Up on Daz etc.

I'm sure I can figure all this out with further reading, I was just wondering if there was one guide somewhere that maybe lists the minimum assets and resources needed to start down this road?
This thread has some good info. There are also third party gens available.

Reactions: The_Hat

theKimb

Jun 4, 2019
Not the answer you're looking for but it may be that they made their own HDRI using google maps or similar. It isn't that hard once you figure it out and unfortunately is one of the few ways to get what you need since there are such limited premades available.
It is very easy to make your own hdri. There are many tutos, but this one is specifically for city hdris

And if you want to use google street view or a script by mcasual but google street view is mostly for ground level views.

BTW, I would not rate the hdri that was enclosed in the post as excellent. It is beautiful, yes, but unless the bar is located on top of 1km high building, the view is completely unrealistic.
I'm already making my HDRIs and I'm using Urban Sprawl 3 too but those assets are pretty heavy and I wanted an easier solution. Guess I'll continue with that since the Google Maps method isn't that useful because it's all on ground level (or I haven't found the right spots).

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece
Apr 18, 2021
I'm already making my HDRIs and I'm using Urban Sprawl 3 too but those assets are pretty heavy and I wanted an easier solution. Guess I'll continue with that since the Google Maps method isn't that useful because it's all on ground level (or I haven't found the right spots).
I know how you feel, it's really hard to find the right HDRIs. Most are in some scenic location like a beach or forest and nothing like "real life". You may try using panoramic city photos and making a fake window dome/curve. It's far from perfect but probably the best you will get for day/night. There is a shortage of useful city/town HDRIs out there.
You can also make your own HDRI in Daz from a scene. I did that for a gymnasium that was a pita to load each time.

Reactions: theKimb

theKimb

Jun 4, 2019
I know how you feel, it's really hard to find the right HDRIs. Most are in some scenic location like a beach or forest and nothing like "real life". You may try using panoramic city photos and making a fake window dome/curve. It's far from perfect but probably the best you will get for day/night. There is a shortage of useful city/town HDRIs out there.
You can also make your own HDRI in Daz from a scene. I did that for a gymnasium that was a pita to load each time.
I used a city block I made previously for an other render, expanded it with a few more Urban Sprawl Blocks and put a background from Kindred Arts Parallax Backgrounds into it.
At least it's something I can build upon. I'll just have to get rid of those few pixelated buildings in the back.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I used a city block I made previously for an other render, expanded it with a few more Urban Sprawl Blocks and put a background from Kindred Arts Parallax Backgrounds into it.
At least it's something I can build upon. I'll just have to get rid of those few pixelated buildings in the back.

I've found these to be pretty nice for distance shots mixed in with the close/nearby environments, especially with DoF: . Takes a little pre-planning before rendering the scene itself, though (thinks like light sources, figuring out the best angles to take advantage of, whether or not you'll need spotlights/external lighting from elsewhere, etc.).

mcmc3.png mcdsp14.png

Apr 18, 2021

Looks great. I would probably just put some DOF on it and call it a day.

MODEI

Jul 14, 2018
捕获.PNG

Hi everyone ! I just got a strange reflection problem when I rendering this scene.
The reflection area has a strange edge , how to get rid of it? Please help me!
The product using in this pictrue is Lali's pantyhose

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'm not so sure that's the pantyhose causing that, honestly. Looks like there's a subtle map difference between the leg and the torso. Could be the pantyhose, but it really doesn't look like it. Go to your Surface Selection tool and select the legs - not the pantyhose - but the legs. Now look at the red square in the below image. Copy and paste each of those numbers into the torso/body section of the model. You can also do it the opposite way, starting with the torso and then copying and pasting those numbers to the legs. It's the same thing.

maps.png

Might be the issue, but it'd be my first guess with what I have to go on.

Reactions: osanaiko

MODEI

Jul 14, 2018
I'm not so sure that's the pantyhose causing that, honestly. Looks like there's a subtle map difference between the leg and the torso. Could be the pantyhose, but it really doesn't look like it. Go to your Surface Selection tool and select the legs - not the pantyhose - but the legs. Now look at the red square in the below image. Copy and paste each of those numbers into the torso/body section of the model. You can also do it the opposite way, starting with the torso and then copying and pasting those numbers to the legs. It's the same thing.

View attachment 2553049

Might be the issue, but it'd be my first guess with what I have to go on.
Thank you for your kindly help!
This problem isn't causing by the pantyhose nor the legs' subtle map however, just because of my dumb work.
I hide another stocking on the character and forgeting to delete it before rendering, and light reflection just works on it, which causing that weird effect.
Everything works fine after I delete the sneaky stocking.
THANKS AGAIN, ONE LOVE !
1.PNG

Reactions: MissFortune

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Really basic question - how do you guys stretch morphs beyond their limits without making it look awful? Seems like in any scene involving some kind of 'penetration' this quickly becomes an issue - the g8f jaw can only open so wide.... I can adjust the limits but that'll cause ugly distortions.

Are you manually creating your own morphs? Or further editing the meshs- which seems like a headache in daz...

(I know next to nothing about daz but I'm fairly well-versed in 3ds)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Really basic question - how do you guys stretch morphs beyond their limits without making it look awful? Seems like in any scene involving some kind of 'penetration' this quickly becomes an issue - the g8f jaw can only open so wide.... I can adjust the limits but that'll cause ugly distortions.

Are you manually creating your own morphs? Or further editing the meshs- which seems like a headache in daz...

(I know next to nothing about daz but I'm fairly well-versed in 3ds)
There's a few different morphs packs for really wide open mouth/jaw. One is called "Donut Smile" by Meipe on renderotica. Several of the other BJ focused assets also have similar morphs.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
How big are we talking? If we're talking WVM MC dick, then it's going to look back regardless of how you compose/frame the render.

If we're talking blowjobs with a normal, or even somewhat larger dick, then this one is my personal favorite: . Also works for 8.1, if needed.

Neon_simp

Mar 19, 2022
Hi there. not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anyone know of a scenes pack or a place to find it. Something like this:

1682793713153.png

but a little bit more on the realistic side.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote