3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Quadruple-Q

Times are HARD
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2023
View attachment 2485127

Is there a way to change the value of a parameter(in this case, y axis=6.61) to all the keyframes at once ?
I am changing it frame by frame and its tedious.
You can hold left mouse button and drag over all the keyframes in the graph to select all the keyframes you want to change and then just drag them down to the level you want them to be at. Won't be exact, but close enough. If however, you want them to just be constant then you could again select all the frames and just delete them, leaving the first keyframe at 6.61.

Reactions: 10xRecoil

10xRecoil

Aug 28, 2020
You can hold left mouse button and drag over all the keyframes in the graph to select all the keyframes you want to change and then just drag them down to the level you want them to be at. Won't be exact, but close enough. If however, you want them to just be constant then you could again select all the frames and just delete them, leaving the first keyframe at 6.61.
Wow, I am dumb..Yeah I want the object to be at constant level so deleting everything except the first is logical.
I have tried dragging and its always close but never accurate.
Thanks!

Should be able to Copy and Past the key parameters, but I have trouble doing that too some times...
Pasting over an existing keyframe doesn't seem to work for me as well

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me how to sort this black spot/hair poke-through please? After a process of elimination I'm certain the issue is with the head hair, and it happens with any hair I’ve tried so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated black spot.JPG

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me how to sort this black spot/hair poke-through please? After a process of elimination I'm certain the issue is with the head hair, and it happens with any hair I’ve tried so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated View attachment 2486426
When the hair cap intersects with the geometry of the head you get these artifacts. check in hair parameters for cap morphs to increase size overall or just in the problematic area. you could also try to add a smoothing moddifer to the cap

Last edited:
Reactions: Opal Games

grohotor

May 15, 2020
I've been trying to rig New Gens For Victoria 8 but im running into very weird issues. No matter what i try im just not able to get the symmetry to work. It paints on the same map instead of the mirrored bone. When i mirror the bones they are correctly identified but it doesn't copy the weight maps.
Capture.PNG
Any ideas?

Following this i got some moderate success
I have been able to Paint weight on one of the bones then do Weight Map Symmetry from the context menu but live painting symmetry still wont function.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi all,

In addition to what grohotor said, you can also edit the poke through out using healing tool in PS. A little postwork on some images can save a lot of time messing with Daz.

Reactions: Opal Games

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
When the hair cap intersects with the geometry of the head you get these artifacts. check in hair parameters for cap morphs to increase side overall or just in the problematic area. you could also try to add a smoothing moddifer to the cap
Thank you! I've managed to find the morph on the cap that's done the job :)

Reactions: osanaiko

Bimbo Barbie

Mar 1, 2023
Just looking around to get some basic info, anyone know about the Daz3d genesis9 stuff and where to get it (or is another standard advised moving forward, I'm just starting out with the whole Daz3d stuff, but I'm familiar with 3d Modelling stuff like Blender)? As far as I could tell from the DL it only goes up to gen8 atm?

If anyone knows how to make animations like: https://f95zone.to/threads/heart-problems-v0-7-final-xenorav.63437/ has (with collisions programmed in the bones/mesh preferable). I'd love to hear how they did it, or how to best go about doing it. If I'm gonna start working on a project I'd take nothing less and I'm doing a little inventory thing to find out what's realistic/available and what not before putting words on paper for a project. I don't mind creating my own assets either, just some pointers on whats best for animating to start off would really be a great help. I haven't started using the Daz3d framework yet, so excuse me if I'm asking a stupid question on the animation/collision part. Like I said, still doing inventory and I'm just throwing it out here in hopes of cutting some early corners.

Edit: Also sidenote. I noticed lots of clothes in various 3d games who supposedly use these genesis models have the weird thing going on with the clothes around the breastarea. It doesn't seem like the textures are often very precisely made for the curving around the boobs either, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal to just 'flatten the shirt so it looks normal (some of the clothes in the game linked above have it, but in later chapters they fixed it so it looks normal). Is there a reason people don't open blender and edit it so it 'fits' to the character? Seem like a pretty easy transform, perhaps a limitation in the assets? Licensing? Lazyness? Just a question I had lingering in the back of my mind.

Last edited:

Bimbo Barbie

Mar 1, 2023
I Have been checking out koikatsu and hs2 and daz3d
(daz seems to have a steeper learning curve than the other two and blender is even more complicated).

But none of them are even close to drawn art.
Is there a solution that has art more similar to anime or drawn?
(not ai generated unless they can do animations)
If you can teach/show me how to do stable disfusion A.I. without sharing my private datasets publicly (so I'm partially or fully training the A.I. on my server/workstation), I'll help you figure out how to fix both the animations and 'anime' art issue within the day with an example and a short guide how I did it. Probably anything from cell-shaded 2.5d looks to something that could pass as an actual drawing to the untrained eye (you could also use them to trace lines and give it a more 'rough pencilled feel' yourself, but then you'd have to scan the art and edit afterward again, but that would also allow you to do custom stuff like bulging bodies, aheago's etc etc, endless posibilities). And yes, animations as well. Just show me the A.I. and I'll fix you up so you can get started on the parts you'd really like to do. (No, I'm not writing a guide to distribute me editing skillz to a cloud-based A.I., it's gonna have to be 'on-premise' a.k.a. a dataset training the A.I. on your own workstation. If it's open-source that's even better, because then I can tinker with it).
I know there is open-source stuff out there somewhere but I never researched it. Hook me up with the tech and we talk. Maybe even do a little small project together to make a proof-of-concept for a portfolio or something. I'm actually bored as all hell and too deep in the Mariana trench of math so I could use some healthy procrastination and distractions.
Preferably something with boobs, that doesn't talk, and listen to my every single desire without questioning my intentions. Especially not questioning my intentions. They are good intentions. I digress... :)

Oh, and you're also gonna need some editing tools. Just saying it in advance. If you already got that DM your list of tools you have with so I can adapt to that. I figure you're not already an artist, but I've got the feeling 3d Modelling won't satisfy your tastes if it is anime looks you want. So imma help you out if you can get any A.I. running..

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018
This is basically me dipping my toes into the h-games pool. I can't really teach anyone anything as I do not yet know.
I do not know much about AI, sorry if it came off that way.

I was basically hoping that there's an alternative to the hs2/daz3d/blender engine that can be used to make scenes.
Because some have somewhat ok graphics but nothing looks like drawn art
( Think of a rpgm game style like " Anthesis ")

Bimbo Barbie

Mar 1, 2023
This is basically me dipping my toes into the h-games pool. I can't really teach anyone anything as I do not yet know.

I was basically hoping that there's an alternative to the hs2/daz3d/blender engine that can be used to make scenes.
Yeh I figured. I just literally came here like for the first time myself to find out about 3d modeling with Daz3d too. But I have wider experience with other stuff to crutch on.
If you were inclined to figure out how to run your private A.I. I could help you out with cutting the exploratory corners is all I was basicly saying. I didn't expect you to have any knowledge of A.I., but I'm sure there's guides out there on how to get it running if it's open-source or proprietary software, and when you do, I can fill you in on the rest. I'm sure your creative 'juices' will be flowing in notime if you knew how to get the art right (which I can explain with relative ease). At least you won't be disappointed that your targeted vision won't be possible with 3d modelling tools (which I fear will be the case if it's an anime feel) if you use A.I. to lighten the 'load' (sorry can't help the puns, a little bored). You're just gonna need that A.I. for solo-productivity and skipping the real learning curve when it comes to producing quality penwork for anime stuff. And I'm pretty sure if you can get that done you can get very close to, if not further than, the desired outcome with relative ease. I can promise you there is a lot of detail and customization you can add to even create your own stylization you're probably not aware off too, so it won't be a one-stop shop, but a nice little learning journey. Either way, you're trying to hit a learning curve no matter how you look at it, and if you want that anime the A.I. might be the best investment of your time at least for now (until maybe you get hooked on art and start producing it yourself one day). As well as you'd have to do it anyways. Probably a lot easier than 3d modeling when it comes down to it too. Just some food for thought here. :)

No need to hurry either. Just when you get around to it, there is my offer.
To me it's a bonus if you figure it out, so I can copy-paste the A.I. resources and train one myself, and it becomes sort of a quid-pro-quo. I'm figuring out this Daz3d rn, but I will probably get around to tinkering with A.I. soon enough either way.

That said. I'm kinda against the whole A.I. art-generation, but that's mainly the companies sellign the service and taking away all the effort, learning and creativity out of art. I think what I'm suggesting here is just another form of art and expression and I can get down with that. So feel free to ask. Or anyone else perhaps who wishes to take me up on the offer is welcome too.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the Anthesis can't be 3d modelled. :p
But you could probably make similar cut-outs very quick with A.I., rather, it would be hard to make them look so basic and you'd have to get out of your way to remove detail. Crazy when you really think about it. :/

Last edited:

Bimbo Barbie

Mar 1, 2023

You can download stable diffusion (google, youtube has tutorials) -> Download model (anime specific models exist for better prediction patterns, just google) -> You take pictures as resources -> img2img -> Edit w/ software if you feel like getting creative.
That is a basic thing you could do within the hour. I just checked it out. It's pretty good.
There is also alternate tools available (plugins for photoshop post-processing or blender 3d modeling/video editing). Really... I don't think I have to tell you about any of the ideas I had for you to make whatever you want. I thought it was just pictures, but seems the plugins I'd desire already exist. Just google for filters in photoshop if you want to touch up your images.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
so after my pc died i lost my daz library, I remember having a couple of morphs for genesis 8 that were called waist corset 1 & 2 can't seem to be able to find them again.
Any idea where to find those?

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
I've been using Blender for 3D modelling for quite a while, almost 5 years now. But no matter what version or update comes up, Blender still has up to this day, in my opinion, the worst texture painting kit that can be still called "useable".

Are there programs that either specialize in texture painting or complement Blender (i.e. plugins) that make texturing somewhat less painful, or at least have a sensible Paint Bucket tool that respects colour boundaries?

Any such programs that can be integrated into Blender's pipeline reasonably seamlessly? (i.e. without having to convert between a buch of formats etc.). Thank you!

vez

Jul 26, 2017
I've been using Blender for 3D modelling for quite a while, almost 5 years now. But no matter what version or update comes up, Blender still has up to this day, in my opinion, the worst texture painting kit that can be still called "useable".

Are there programs that either specialize in texture painting or complement Blender (i.e. plugins) that make texturing somewhat less painful, or at least have a sensible Paint Bucket tool that respects colour boundaries?

Any such programs that can be integrated into Blender's pipeline reasonably seamlessly? (i.e. without having to convert between a buch of formats etc.). Thank you!
I'm no expert in texture painting, but I think might be what you're looking for. It supports importing .blend files and if I'm not mistaken it started off as a Blender plugin, so the workflow is rather similar.

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
I'm no expert in texture painting, but I think might be what you're looking for. It supports importing .blend files and if I'm not mistaken it started off as a Blender plugin, so the workflow is rather similar.
Many thanks, looks promising! I'll check it out.

Reactions: vez

theKimb

Jun 4, 2019
Can anyone recommend a good cityscape HDRI with both a day and night variant?
This one from the Crystal Loft promo image is pretty nice but I can't find it or similar ones.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece
Apr 18, 2021
Can anyone recommend a good cityscape HDRI with both a day and night variant?
This one from the Crystal Loft promo image is pretty nice but I can't find it or similar ones.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not the answer you're looking for but it may be that they made their own HDRI using google maps or similar. It isn't that hard once you figure it out and unfortunately is one of the few ways to get what you need since there are such limited premades available.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Not the answer you're looking for but it may be that they made their own HDRI using google maps or similar. It isn't that hard once you figure it out and unfortunately is one of the few ways to get what you need since there are such limited premades available.
It is very easy to make your own hdri. There are many tutos, but this one is specifically for city hdris

And if you want to use google street view or a script by mcasual but google street view is mostly for ground level views.

BTW, I would not rate the hdri that was enclosed in the post as excellent. It is beautiful, yes, but unless the bar is located on top of 1km high building, the view is completely unrealistic.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote