3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
Why that? You can use almost everything for g3 on a g8. The cloth have auto fit, hair too and even most of the poses work quite well.
There is actually no real advantage in using g8 aside from it having more polygons (which doesn't make it look better and consumes more memory), the models are almost the same and the only "big" difference is a few more face bones.
There are many assets for g3 which include g8 and vice versa, because they are nearly identical.
gen 8 model's look alot better if you get enough morph's

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nothing but the base model, just all morphs

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Guys is it possible to do water droplet on skin in daz 3d?
I have tried many times to simulate droplets on a character skin, most of these attempts have met with total failure. Typically they use a geoshell, however the quality of the results largely depends upon the lighting used in the render.

If you manage to find the perfect recipe, please share with the community.(y)

Reactions: Nomec104

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Needing some help with Measure Metrics.

I got it from the thread in the Asset Releases forum then followed the installation instructions on the Daz website and found that the plugin needs to be registered to be enabled, but since I didn't buy it I don't have a registration key, so is there any to get it working if you don't have this?

redle

Apr 12, 2017
So only @Xavster replied to my question about mirroring hair. I do appreciate that possible solution. Unfortunately the idea was not a solution for my problem. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who has ever wanted the part of the hair on the other side, or any asymmetrical hair reversed. So is it that everyone else finds -100% to actually work perfectly for them (while it tends to always somewhat corrupt the object for me)? Or does it not work for others either, but no one has any clue how to fix it?

Regardless, even if no one has a fix, I would like to understand the source of the corruption. Does it stem from bones and rigging, morphs, or something in algorithms for parenting (or any other part of the object or the process)?

Or, at a minimum, maybe someone could point me to a good quality tutorial on the entire process of creating hair from nothing through the morphing rigging process that I can try to step through and see where the failure point is.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
So only @Xavster replied to my question about mirroring hair. I do appreciate that possible solution. Unfortunately the idea was not a solution for my problem. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who has ever wanted the part of the hair on the other side, or any asymmetrical hair reversed. So is it that everyone else finds -100% to actually work perfectly for them (while it tends to always somewhat corrupt the object for me)? Or does it not work for others either, but no one has any clue how to fix it?

Regardless, even if no one has a fix, I would like to understand the source of the corruption. Does it stem from bones and rigging, morphs, or something in algorithms for parenting (or any other part of the object or the process)?

Or, at a minimum, maybe someone could point me to a good quality tutorial on the entire process of creating hair from nothing through the morphing rigging process that I can try to step through and see where the failure point is.
I suspect the issues you are having is related to the character / hair or possibly the hair settings that are applied on the model. For reference I have quickly run some small renders on several hair assets in the spoiler below.
To clarify the solution, after all of the assets have been applied to the character, create a group with the character and assets within it. Then just change the X Scale of the full group. If the hair fits without the mirror, it will after as the hair is not refitted to the character.

Edit: I have just noticed that when you mirror the group, all of the pose settings are inverted as well. Hence pose presets will be a disaster with the mirror.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

In the parameters tab unhide the hidden properties and set x scale to -100%

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Apparently giving myself a few days away from the problem and then typing out questions/thoughts again on the topic gave me some motivation and ideas about trying to understand the problem rather than finding the solution. Turns out the problem stems from morphs and modifiers to the hair (which I already knew didn't work correctly after a mirror). I guess I hadn't isolated things to the point of a completely clean object the previous times I was testing. So I still don't yet have what I want, but I have a result that isn't as far off as previous and know what is preventing me from getting there.

All that said, the wrong direction I was previously searching for a fix may end up leading to positive value. I think I may have learned just enough to fix hair morphs so they'll actually work with my mirrored hair if I put in a bit of time with it.

@Xavster
Thanks again. Yeah, mirroring the character will cause all sorts of other problems if that was the fix I needed to do (as text or graphics on the character would be backwards as well as any asymmetric characteristics of the character (i.e. they are tattooed, right-handed, etc) so they would need to be an invisible character with a non-reversed one also in the scene. Plus unless the render position is perfectly symmetric about the origin, it can involve a ton of extra work for every new pose to get a mirrored character into identical position as the non-mirrored. Besides the fact that x-scaling the full character produced the same problem areas in the hair that x-scaling only the hair produced.

@recreation
Yeah, I mentioned in the original post and semi-re-referenced the scale x to -100% myself. My question was based on the fact that that was not working as I wanted it to.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Needing some help with Measure Metrics.

I got it from the thread in the Asset Releases forum then followed the installation instructions on the Daz website and found that the plugin needs to be registered to be enabled, but since I didn't buy it I don't have a registration key, so is there any to get it working if you don't have this?
Can I please get an answer to this?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
NO!

...no seriously!
I actually never got anything to work in daz that needed a serial.
But you could try this:
Thanks, that worked perfectly.

So I have another totally noob question, but when certain pose sets (specifically those from Renderotica) say that they're for Victoria 8 and Michael 8, does this mean they only work on those characters or is that just another way of saying they work for any Gen 8 characters? Asking because the characters I'm working are neither Victoria or Michael so need to know if these various sex poses will work for other characters as well.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks, that worked perfectly.

So I have another totally noob question, but when certain pose sets (specifically those from Renderotica) say that they're for Victoria 8 and Michael 8, does this mean they only work on those characters or is that just another way of saying they work for any Gen 8 characters? Asking because the characters I'm working are neither Victoria or Michael so need to know if these various sex poses will work for other characters as well.
If the model is based on gen8 it will work on every gen8 model. If they are not ristricted they will work on every other model (g3/2/genesis) too, but might (most likely) look weird.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Guys i was messing around with Zev0 Growing up morphs for G3 and made a young girl character. Now i have to say that the morphs work really good by themselves. But now many of the clothes get a strange streching around the breasts and in general all the chest area. Whts causing it? And why very few of them just work fine?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Guys i was messing around with Zev0 Growing up morphs for G3 and made a young girl character. Now i have to say that the morphs work really good by themselves. But now many of the clothes get a strange streching around the breasts and in general all the chest area. Whts causing it? And why very few of them just work fine?
I don't exactly know why this happens, but look at the "Hidden" parameters when you select the cloth, there should now also be a morph for growing up. This should fix it.

Reactions: Nomec104

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
I don't exactly know why this happens, but look at the "Hidden" parameters when you select the cloth, there should now also be a morph for growing up. This should fix it.
Sorry for the very noob question, but how can i view the hidden parameters? :ROFLMAO:

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
im having trouble with the daz body mixer pack. Whenever i close my scene and reopen it daz says it couldnt find the package, and my figure(s) appear withoht said morph

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
im having trouble with the daz body mixer pack. Whenever i close my scene and reopen it daz says it couldnt find the package, and my figure(s) appear withoht said morph
Could you show a screenshot? Also i would recommend you to save your scene as "Scene Subset" wich will let you save everything.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hey folks, I've been trying to get my clothes to look more natural on busty female figures, none of that tight clinginess that happens as standard, but so far I'm not having much success. I've tried using Fit Control with varying levels of success but it often stretches the clothes too much, and I've recently found a method of using animation to change the model from base to busty and have the clothes change with it but that isn't working very well either as the clothes end up looking lumpy and the hems of the sleeves and shirt get wrinkled.

So basically I'm looking for some advice on this issue. Are there other more effective methods? Is there something I might be getting wrong with the animation trick? Or is it just a case of trial and error?

Also, to show you what I mean about the lumpy post-animation, here are the before and after screenshots.

Untitled1.png Untitled2.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote