3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
I honestly think he made a stealth update with the NGV8 product. That's the only reason why all people will tell you to redownload the files before applying the expansion.

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
View attachment 309618

Hello Guys,

Im trying to get some smoke effects into my renders but i cant get a realistic look. below is the asset im using, ive been messing around with the surfaces options and changing the color options but this the result i get. im wondering if anyone has experience using this asset or can recommend another asset that gives a realistic smoke look

thanks in advance

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
View attachment 309618

Hello Guys,

Im trying to get some smoke effects into my renders but i cant get a realistic look. below is the asset im using, ive been messing around with the surfaces options and changing the color options but this the result i get. im wondering if anyone has experience using this asset or can recommend another asset that gives a realistic smoke look

thanks in advance

ok, so just to test it myself, I found that asset and d/l'd it and tried it out....
got about the same results as you lol

then I made a test render with SY Speedy Smoke to show you another option...
SY Speedy Smoke Test 001.png

dunno how big or small you need it...
with scaling maybe this might help you...

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Guys how can i use both the "Genesis 3 Male Wet Body Iray" ( ) and Dicktator? I can't seem to get them work together.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000wetbody.png

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Guys how can i use both the "Genesis 3 Male Wet Body Iray" ( ) and Dicktator? I can't seem to get them work together.
View attachment 309804
I think that this product isn't compatible with Dicktator, but with Genesis 3 Male Genitals... you can try to copy/establish the properties of the torso for example in the textures of Dicktator; but you could also use this product compatible with Dicktator:

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
I think that this product isn't compatible with Dicktator, but with Genesis 3 Male Genitals... you can try to copy/establish the properties of the torso for example in the textures of Dicktator; but you could also use this product compatible with Dicktator:
Thats a shame, cause i have the genesis 3 female version too and it works fine with NGV7 genitals... well thanks for the help mate, i think i'll mess around some more with this product and hope i can get it work with dicktator.

basium

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2017
I'm getting a ass problem with + Golden Palace + G8F.

The anus textures dont work and they show this message when trying to appy them:
1.JPG

Are there any solutions?

They do however work with G8M and dictator.
No idea about G3M

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I also don't get any "Golden palace.dsf" but a "Golden palace 2.dsf" in that folder.
Did you tried to make a copy and rename it "Golden palace.dsf"?
Maybe the pose use some older Golden palace asset.

basium

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2017
There is no uv sets folder inside GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2 folder.
Does yours have the uv sets folder?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Yep (\data\meipex\goldenpalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2\UV Sets\Meipex\Base)
Rar'ed it in the attached file.
But you may have something wrong in your golden palace installation.

basium

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2017
Hmm is that goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia_v2 folder supoposed to come from the golden palace instalation and NOT from the stereo love instalation?

I checked a couple different golden palace package files and none of them comes with the goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia_v2 folder.

They only come with goldenpalace/GoldenPalace_Genitalia folder.
Not the v2 version.

Thanks for the file! I'll try your files soon if everything else fails :)

basium

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2017
Found the problem. It seems its a ghost update from Meipe. 12/2017 being the latest version seems to be pure bs.

At the store page for golden palace you can read the latest readme for it:
"data\Meipex\GoldenPalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2\UV Sets\Meipex\Base\"

Thats where all the missing files are.

Those are not included on the latest versions floating around the internet

basium

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2017
I did buy it. And it is called Golden Palace v2 now.
Everything works now

Trinn

Apr 2, 2018
Reposting this here since it was suggested:

I was wondering if anyone here has experience exporting Daz models to Unity or knows of a complete guide with genitals included.

I've been trying for a couple days but I just can't get the genital textures to export correctly along with the model. I've tried both the 'New Gens for Victoria 8' and 'Golden Palace' but they both have the same issue where the vagina textures are applied as a Geometry Shell and I can't figure out a way to apply those textures in Unity after the export.

When I export to FBX I'm using the 'Merge Fitted Figure Geometry' option to merge the genital mesh and allow exporting the morphs for it. But doing this causes the vagina Material to use the UVs that are in the default body texture and they don't work with the vagina textures at all. If I don't merge the geometry then I can apply the texture but the Geometry Shell appears as a completely separate GameObject and doesn't move at all along with the model's skeleton which makes it kind of pointless.

It seems like the default Daz genitals in the Pro packs work okay but the textures on those are kind of crappy and I didn't see many decent morphs for them.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to get the New Gens or Golden Palace genital textures into Unity properly I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
I just started messing around with daz so I've been downloading some assets here. Before, I could just paste the files in the download manager and be gtg. https://f95zone.to/threads/new-gens-for-victoria-8-g3f-g8f.10617/ has me lost thought, what do I need to do? Thanks for any help!
You have to manually install this type of asset. Either you can extract all the file inside the .rar file in "...Daz 3D/My Library/" folder or you can create a new folder wherever you want, where you can place all the manually installed assets (like i did), and then tell the softaware where to search for external content.

Reactions: Visago

bre3zerr

Jan 30, 2018
Hello guys, i'm pretty new at using DAZ but the first thing i reconized is the rendering time, while i'm okay for long rendering time for high quality assets/scenes, i'm struggling & am surprised i can't find a Iray batch/Chain render soft/plugin.

It's clear to me that if anything rendering is going to be the slowest part of my project given what i want to do.

I assume from my stand point that it wouldn't be too hard to feed multiples scenes to render one after another, and yet, all i manage to find was for 3Delight batch renders(Not sure if it works for Iray i just downloaded it) ?

Could you guys give me any tricks, or pointer where to look for that ? I rather no have to micromanage rendering.. you know... of thousand and thousands of shots and rather have a couple i could queue through the night in Iray ?

(I did a search of this post with Batch, Render Batch, Iray, Iray Render batch without any succes.)

Thanks in advance for any help cheers !

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote