3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Hello guys, i'm pretty new at using DAZ but the first thing i reconized is the rendering time, while i'm okay for long rendering time for high quality assets/scenes, i'm struggling & am surprised i can't find a Iray batch/Chain render soft/plugin.

It's clear to me that if anything rendering is going to be the slowest part of my project given what i want to do.

I assume from my stand point that it wouldn't be too hard to feed multiples scenes to render one after another, and yet, all i manage to find was for 3Delight batch renders(Not sure if it works for Iray i just downloaded it) ?

Could you guys give me any tricks, or pointer where to look for that ? I rather no have to micromanage rendering.. you know... of thousand and thousands of shots and rather have a couple i could queue through the night in Iray ?

(I did a search of this post with Batch, Render Batch, Iray, Iray Render batch without any succes.)

Thanks in advance for any help cheers !

also, there is a batch renderer over at Renderosity.

For tests, the point render tool seems to be widely recommended.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hello guys, i'm pretty new at using DAZ but the first thing i reconized is the rendering time, while i'm okay for long rendering time for high quality assets/scenes, i'm struggling & am surprised i can't find a Iray batch/Chain render soft/plugin.

It's clear to me that if anything rendering is going to be the slowest part of my project given what i want to do.

I assume from my stand point that it wouldn't be too hard to feed multiples scenes to render one after another, and yet, all i manage to find was for 3Delight batch renders(Not sure if it works for Iray i just downloaded it) ?

Could you guys give me any tricks, or pointer where to look for that ? I rather no have to micromanage rendering.. you know... of thousand and thousands of shots and rather have a couple i could queue through the night in Iray ?

(I did a search of this post with Batch, Render Batch, Iray, Iray Render batch without any succes.)

Thanks in advance for any help cheers !
This works well too:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
View attachment 319210 Why is my model looking like Raiden (the eyes only)?
Check eye's position in Parameters>Pose Controls>Head>Eyes, look at side-side and up-down parameters.

If this doesn't work for you, you can directly select each eye and check the parameters of the axes and leave them at 0.

If it still doesn't work, probably the problem is that the texture of the eyes is wrong and there is no pupil/iris, you'll have to put it back in :p

Visago

Jul 5, 2017
You have to manually install this type of asset. Either you can extract all the file inside the .rar file in "...Daz 3D/My Library/" folder or you can create a new folder wherever you want, where you can place all the manually installed assets (like i did), and then tell the softaware where to search for external content.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: Nomec104
Jun 14, 2018
Can you adjust the backdrops in Daz3d? Mine are very off and looks like crap - tried to use some urban backdrop but buildings are looking on the opposite direction, and it looks like, my "daz3d building" is the highest thing around, if I use something with the sun on it, the sun is too low and I need it higher. What is a good source for backdrops?

Whisky Priest

Jun 12, 2017
Hi all, looking for advice.

Having an issue with a morph I converted from G3 to G8.
As below Genitals and Hair not conforming to morph.

I used the Gen3 to Gen8 morph converter by Darkhound1 to convert the body morph.
Thought I followed all the instructions correctly, clearly I've fucked up somewhere.

The hair has also been converted from Gen3 to 8 don't think it's causing the problem since it works with other gen8 morphs.

Without Morph applied

With Morph applied

Could anyone advise how best to fix this?

Had a search on google couldn't find anything matching.

thanks,

Last edited:

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
The main problem is, that props like hair or genitals are extra geometry which is unknown to most body morphs. And even those which are designed with genitals in mind, only work with specific products. So if you use a Gen8 base figure, you can't just convert a morph for a Gen3 genital-prop. Same goes the other way around. Geografts for Gen8 can't be converted the easy way for Gen3. I don't know if a base figure transfer, that works for clothes, would help here. But it could be worth a try before you try to fit it manually in Hexagon or Blender.

I would just use Geografts that are meant to be used with the intended Genesis generation in mind. And would also use the inbuilt tools to fit the hair after the body morphs are applied.

Reactions: Whisky Priest

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
I'm looking to make my first little game this Summer, I always wanted to make one.
BUT I don't know how to start..
I've experience with programming as I'm currently studying informatics.

Which software do you guys reckon is the best to start with?
Also which graphics card do you recommend? My budget is around €200.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I'm looking to make my first little game this Summer, I always wanted to make one.
BUT I don't know how to start..
I've experience with programming as I'm currently studying informatics.

Which software do you guys reckon is the best to start with?
Also which graphics card do you recommend? My budget is around €200.

Thank you in advance for your replies!
Here is a list of several programs:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-bloo-guide-2019-01-30.1636/

The most used are Daz3D to generate the images/animations and Renpy to create the game (dialogues, programming, etc), but there are other alternatives.
I wouldn't know which is better to start with, but I can tell you that I've been creating the game for a little over a year, that I started with absolutely no knowledge of these programs, and that with a little effort and the help of people you can learn at a good pace (I think the first version of the game was prepared in 4 months, including apart from the creation of the images and the game, the learning of both programs, although over the last few months I have continued to learn new things).

As for the graphic card... DAZ requires a lot of power, 200 is not enough perhaps, but for that price, and to begin with, you would have to try to get a 1060 of 6GB or the new models 2060.
Apart from the better the card, the faster DAZ will go to render the scene, the really important is the VRAM memory of the graphics card, because if the scene you're creating exceeded that amount of memory, DAZ will not use your GPU for rendering, but your CPU, and will go much slower.

You also have to take into account other requirements, such as a minimum of 8GB of RAM, 16GB is highly recommended, and 32GB is excellent.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Guys i'm setting a new scene, but now i have two main problems regarding lightning:
The first one is that i don't know how i could lit the girls face (just the face, yes only it), given the scene composition.
And the second one is obviously firefligth, which i don't know how to get rid of it in this scene.
Anyway here some screenshot
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000CYB.png 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000CYB2.png

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Guys i'm setting a new scene, but now i have two main problems regarding lightning:
The first one is that i don't know how i could lit the girls face (just the face, yes only it), given the scene composition.
And the second one is obviously firefligth, which i don't know how to get rid of it in this scene.
Anyway here some screenshot
View attachment 323230 View attachment 323231
The way I do lighten parts of a figure is via postwork.
I use either an additional render with a single fill light on the part I wanna lighten up or if I don't use several renders to compose lighting in postwork, I use a duplicate (screen blending mode) of the base render. Then I mask the face (very soft brush) et voila, additional light is set. after that, I only fiddle around with the opacity of the screened layer to fit it into the overall lighting.

Most of the fireflies can be terminated by down scaleing. Also, the new 4.11 should have improved filters for noise and fireflies, maybe give them a try?

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
The way I do lighten parts of a figure is via postwork.
I use either an additional render with a single fill light on the part I wanna lighten up or if I don't use several renders to compose lighting in postwork, I use a duplicate (screen blending mode) of the base render. Then I mask the face (very soft brush) et voila, additional light is set. after that, I only fiddle around with the opacity of the screened layer to fit it into the overall lighting.

Most of the fireflies can be terminated by down scaleing. Also, the new 4.11 should have improved filters for noise and fireflies, maybe give them a try?
Hey man i was messing around and i came up with an idea to resolve the problem on how to lit the girl's face... I dont know if the metod i used is raw or too unrefined, but basically i've created a small primitive plane with an emissive surface and i placed it in front of the girl's face. Then i've set its cutout opacity to 0.00001% and to my surprise it worked really well.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000CYB3.png
What do you think? I'm going to do the acual render and then i will share the result.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Hey man i was messing around and i came up with an idea to resolve the problem on how to lit the girl's face... I dont know if the metod i used is raw or too unrefined, but basically i've created a small primitive plane with an emissive surface and i placed it in front of the girl's face. Then i've set its cutout opacity to 0.00001% and to my surprise it worked really well.
View attachment 323348
What do you think? I'm going to do the acual render and then i will share the result.
Ghostlights can work too. But I stopped using them beside some specific occasions. I figured out that Iray didn't like them, and so the render time increases too much for my taste. Instead, I use photometric lights with disabled "render emitter" for QnD lighting. Or as said, postwork for challenge/contest quality.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Ghostlights can work too. But I stopped using them beside some specific occasions. I figured out that Iray didn't like them, and so the render time increases too much for my taste. Instead, I use photometric lights with disabled "render emitter" for QnD lighting. Or as said, postwork for challenge/contest quality.
I've tried to use the photometric point ligth but every time it shows the light source in my render (rectangle, disc, cylinder...).
Also i don't know what QnD means can you tell me... (i know sorry i'm noob)

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I've tried to use the photometric point ligth but every time it shows the light source in my render (rectangle, disc, cylinder...).
Also i don't know what QnD means can you tell me... (i know sorry i'm noob)
QnD Quick and Dirty. Try Spotlight instead of pointlights. They are very similar to softboxes used by photographs, when set to rectangle or disc. The size values are similar to cm so you can set them as well.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote