3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
QnD Quick and Dirty. Try Spotlight instead of pointlights. They are very similar to softboxes used by photographs, when set to rectangle or disc. The size values are similar to cm so you can set them as well.
Thanks for the help mate, i will mess around a lil bit and i will see what i can do.

lazyman69

Jun 2, 2019
Hi all!

I have a few issues with some basic DAZ stuff. I'm very new to DAZ or any kind of graphics software in general, so I'll detail the steps I've taken in order to make it easier to spot the mistakes. I'd appreciate if anyone would point out what I'm doing wrong, or suggest better ways of doing things.

The first issue I'm having is with UberSurface2 layered shader. I've downloaded a bootleg installation containing four .exe files (attachment 1). After going through installation wizards (1.01 > DS3 > DS4 > metadata), the shaders were shown in the library properly.
However, attempting to apply them to either primitive surfaces or upgrading shaders from UberSurface1 to Ubersurface2 resulted in applying a generic, featureless "custom" shader to the object (attachment 2). Applying materials is not doing anything, and neither shaders nor materials are showing up in the Surfaces>Presets>Shaders menu. What did I do wrong?

The second issue, or more of a question, is about repackaging assets via Content Package Assist to be used in the Install Manager. For example, would it be possible to repackage this installation of UberSurface2 into something IM could properly implement? Also, some times assets I install after repackaging show up in the Smart Content view, and sometimes they don't. Is there anything I can do to make sure the information DAZ needs for items to show in the SC view are present?

Another question - while downloading IM-ready packages sometimes they come with Templates folders containing .jpg's of wire meshes. What are they used for, and what do I do with them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I am having trouble with this asset https://f95zone.to/threads/juicy-wet-cameltoe-for-genesis-8-and-3-females.21996/#post-2039065 When I apply it to a G8F and apply its wet and colour it always stays white when the scene is rendered and nothing seems to fix it like changing the skins colours and all.
Typically this results when you get a conflict of geoshells but having 2 active at the same time (the genitalia for G8F and the Cameltoe asset). You will likely need to turn off the colour or effect layer on the G8F genitals you have applied. Select and turn off in the parameters tab.

Haven't used the asset in question as I use NGV8, however I have seen a similar glitch when using other geoshells over the NGV8 asset.

NSF-95

Jun 28, 2018
I'm getting quite decent with Daz but I'm not sure how to make or find some milf shaped characters like the ones in MilfyCity or similar games to it.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I'm getting quite decent with Daz but I'm not sure how to make or find some milf shaped characters like the ones in MilfyCity or similar games to it.
To make this style of character it is just a matter of having a suitable face and body morph kit.

You may also wish to grab the Xaviera morph, which is a single slider to give that hourglass shape.

NSF-95

Jun 28, 2018
To make this style of character it is just a matter of having a suitable face and body morph kit.

You may also wish to grab the Xaviera morph, which is a single slider to give that hourglass shape.
Thank you so much, I did not know about the body morph kits. This is very helpful!

Reactions: Xavster

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
Guys i'm setting a new scene, but now i have two main problems regarding lightning:
The first one is that i don't know how i could lit the girls face (just the face, yes only it), given the scene composition.
And the second one is obviously firefligth, which i don't know how to get rid of it in this scene.
Anyway here some screenshot
View attachment 323230 View attachment 323231
Mess with the exposure on the camera and consider adding a couple ghost lights.

The way you make a ghost light is you create a primitive and give it an emissive Iray surface then cut the oppacity down to .00001%

It'll still cast light and shadow but be functionally invisible. Then just dick around with its luxuriance, size, and position.

Edit:

Seems you figured it out on your own.

Ghost lights have been a thing in daz since ray was introduced. They do a relatively good job of things.

I actually use them for a lot of illumination duties, esp when converting items to cast light that were not originally iray. A lot of those have defuse maps that make them look illuminated but when you give them iray emission, they turn into a glowing colored mess.

Way around that is to make the part just emissive enough that it glows the way you like, then create a geoshell of the object, and have the surface that emits light on the geoshell have a ghost light. ;)

Reactions: Nomec104

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Mess with the exposure on the camera and consider adding a couple ghost lights.

The way you make a ghost light is you create a primitive and give it an emissive Iray surface then cut the oppacity down to .00001%

It'll still cast light and shadow but be functionally invisible. Then just dick around with its luxuriance, size, and position.

Edit:

Seems you figured it out on your own.

Ghost lights have been a thing in daz since ray was introduced. They do a relatively good job of things.

I actually use them for a lot of illumination duties, esp when converting items to cast light that were not originally iray. A lot of those have defuse maps that make them look illuminated but when you give them iray emission, they turn into a glowing colored mess.

Way around that is to make the part just emissive enough that it glows the way you like, then create a geoshell of the object, and have the surface that emits light on the geoshell have a ghost light. ;)
Wow, i never thought about using an emissive geoshell on non Iray props and materials. I think i will try to mess around a lil bit with geoshell when i will get some free time.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
Some reason when using Tears with G8F the gens MAT changes as you can see how can I stop this from happening as it happens with other addons

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Some reason when using Tears with G8F the gens MAT changes as you can see how can I stop this from happening as it happens with other addons
MOst likely the tears have shells, disable the shells for other body parts. You can do that in the parameters tab

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
If I disable the shell for the tears then the tears don't work and if i just use the tears the body disappears
What tears are you using?

Look here, this product has shells for all the body parts, but you actually need only for the head to be active, see if yours has the same. 334942

Reactions: GrimCreeper3

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
In Daz3D is there any sort of Measure Metrics for male genitalia length / girth, etc? Or is the only way to guess?

Mengal

Sep 11, 2018
Hi guys, I have a big problem with Daz3D. My Install Manager and my Daz Library are installed on my C drive, I need those maps to be on my D (no pun intend) drive due to C drive being full.

Can I make a copy of both Daz Library and Install Manager (only where I keep my downloaded files) reinstall Daz and change the file locations? Or am I completely screwed?

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Does anybody know if adding in morphing tools for face and body from multiple packages will be fine or will it cause problems with the program?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote