3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Is there any things for DAZ 3D studio to create camera paths. Or a trick to make camera's move around the scene like in a matrix effect. I am hoping for some ready made stuff out there. But i cant find any.

DillionWhore

Sep 30, 2018
Thanks recreation, i found somthing with a null object and attaching camera and did that.
Worked.. bit fidgety though.. i did a test with 1 item was fine (Fast rendering) but in the scene i had wrong camera and it made a clip of just 1 angle :)

I also started rendering to images instead of a video so i can continue fromt hat point should DAZ 3DS crash and can see after a few frames if the wrong camera isn't being used. aka a static camera. Lessons learned :p.

Will check your links now.

They seem a little complex.
I might get to those when i get a bit more experience

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: recreation

DSextilius

Jul 14, 2019
Hi, I'm new here so I hope to be posting in the right section.

I'm doing a futa scene using futalicious v0.3 and when I move the legs, like sitting with legs open the cock simple goes away, I leave a image of the problem.

When the legs are normal in t-pose looks alright but is moving the bend of one of the legs to more than 10 and starts to scale away.

EDIT: I found the problem, its seems that this slider interacts with others, or that is what I understand by looking at it, there is a way to cut that interaction?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone, after a long time and some pep talk from people on the forum I am getting back into DAZ3D again. Yesterday I tried to get G3f-g8f-ultimate-breast-morphs into my library but I think something isn't working correctly. Nothing happens when I drag and drop it into the scene or double click it. Not even an error. I can't drag it onto the editor directly. This is how it looks inside DAZ.

I installed the Gen8 via the IM and the Breast Morph manually. Any idea on how to fix this or what I did wrong?

bubbas

Apr 26, 2017
Hi everyone, after a long time and some pep talk from people on the forum I am getting back into DAZ3D again. Yesterday I tried to get G3f-g8f-ultimate-breast-morphs into my library but I think something isn't working correctly. Nothing happens when I drag and drop it into the scene or double click it. Not even an error. I can't drag it onto the editor directly. This is how it looks inside DAZ.

View attachment 346063

I installed the Gen8 via the IM and the Breast Morph manually. Any idea on how to fix this or what I did wrong?
I believe the G8 version is the one I've uploaded to zonegfx so you'll have to manually install it. Just copy the data folder to your library. The shape mixer of the original can be used as well.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Is there a nipple piercing asset for Gen 3 that works well? I am not having much luck with .

Jul 25, 2017
I believe the G8 version is the one I've uploaded to zonegfx so you'll have to manually install it. Just copy the data folder to your library. The shape mixer of the original can be used as well.
Do you have to pay for the downloads or how do you get the points?

Seems like I found the issue through reinstalling. I wanted to have cleaner file structure and deleted one of the "redundant" sub folders. Seems like DAZ, or at least the plugin, doesn't like that.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017

Seems like I found the issue through reinstalling. I wanted to have cleaner file structure and deleted one of the "redundant" sub folders. Seems like DAZ, or at least the plugin, doesn't like that.
Those are some of the most annoying issues with Daz. It's a pain for people with minor OCD when it comes to reorganizing. Some things just can't be cleaned up without breaking it.

bubbas

Apr 26, 2017
You don't have to pay for the downloads at zonegfx. The site uses a point system though. You get 100 points for visiting each day which you use to "purchase" assets, each item costs 50 points. You can get additional points if you upload a new asset. Each time someone "pays" for it you get some points back.

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
You don't have to pay for the downloads at zonegfx. The site uses a point system though. You get 100 points for visiting each day which you use to "purchase" assets, each item costs 50 points. You can get additional points if you upload a new asset. Each time someone "pays" for it you get some points back.
Careful with that though. Sometimes some assets "cost" more than the normal 50 points. just to be on the safe side always double check points cost before you click.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Is there any things for DAZ 3D studio to create camera paths. Or a trick to make camera's move around the scene like in a matrix effect. I am hoping for some ready made stuff out there. But i cant find any.
Matrix effect or "bullet time" uses multiple cameras to simulate camera movement when working with real actors in live action.
working with 3D we don't have to do that, we can freeze the action, and move the camera all we want.

DillionWhore

Sep 30, 2018
yeah, i knew that. polywog
I just wanted to make sure ppl did not think i ment aroundthe camera's own axis. :p
I just was looking for a way to rotate the camera around the scene in an animation.
Turned out to be super simple with a null object. Kinda limited but i am not aiming to win an Oscar.. yet.

Jul 25, 2017
Ah okay, thank you clarifying. I didn't see that you can gernerate points by loging in.

Careful with that though. Sometimes some assets "cost" more than the normal 50 points. just to be on the safe side always double check points cost before you click.
Thank you for the tip!

Sep 11, 2018
I'm gonna post it in here too, just in case.

There was a script going around a while ago that you could use to simulate some breast physics in Daz. Unfortunately, I lost it, like the fucking dumbass that I am.

It's called "Breast Physics for G8F v1.01"

It was on the a while ago but the guy who made it decided to remove it for some reason. It's now impossible to find.

I was hoping one of you guys got it before the purge and still has the file.
Did you ever find this? I have been looking everywhere it's like it was purged from time or some weird shit. How can no one have had a back up of it?

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Anyone know what the model this is? Looks familiar, but I just can't place it.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Anyone know what the model this is? Looks familiar, but I just can't place it.

I absolutely love the models that Xtrart uses. Mostly she just does clothing but she has released one G8 character:

This Jane model is pretty close, the lips and eye brows appear to be a match but to me there seems to be a difference around the eyes, and of course the skin is different.

Previously I was looking for information about the Xtrart models because they are more appealing to me than the clothes, and I came upon a post were she stated that she always uses Victoria 8 with personal tweaks.

Edit: I just found the exact match for the skin:

So the Jane model with Riza skin textures are the closest you'll get before any needed tweaking by yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yonamous

Evic

May 25, 2018
I just wanted to make sure ppl did not think i ment aroundthe camera's own axis. :p
I just was looking for a way to rotate the camera around the scene in an animation.
Turned out to be super simple with a null object. Kinda limited but i am not aiming to win an Oscar.. yet.
The camera will use keyframes like any other asset in the scene and Daz will interpolate the movement for you.

However, it likes to "spin" the camera around at the most inopportune time, on the wrong axis for some reason that I can't explain.

The good news is that it's possible to fix that behavior using null objects, or any object really, as long as you don't want to do anything too wild. You'll normally want two of these obejcts:

1. An object to parent the camera to. You will then move and rotate the object, NOT the camera itself.
2. An object to have #1 point at. This will be far easier to manage than trying to adjust the camera in every frame. It's best to have this as an independent object that isn't rendered rather than cheating and pointing at a character or other object used in the scent.

The entire process itself fairly straight forward.

1. Create the camera target object.
2. Create the camera control object, set the "point to" target to the object created in step 1.
3. Create the actual camera, parent it to the controller you created in step 2 and correct the camera angle if needed so this it is facing the correct direction to match the orientation of the controller object which should not be pointing at the target object.
4. Set the camera controller position as desired at various frames.
5. Adjust the camera target by frame as needed.

The biggest issues you will find yourself fighting is the undesired rotation of objects that you can get when using the "point at" function. The use of an independent target that only translates but never rotates should help considerably compared to doing something like targeting a bone on a character. Sometimes the only way to actually fix this is to go back after you've setup the main movements and remove the point at target and then correct the rotation at your keyframes. Sometimes even that won't work if you have extreme movement and you'll just have to do it the hard way. Generally, the less complicated your movement of the camera controller and camera target are the better your results will be.

I recommend playing around with it in very simple scenes until you get comfortable with how everything works since it will make it really easy to preview the animation results if each frame only takes a couple seconds to render.

Option 2 is much easier to do really basic stuff.

1. Create a null object to control the camera
2. Create the camera and position it as desired
3. "Parent in place" the camera to the null object

Now you can do things like spin the camera around the scene by just adjusting the angle on the null object.
Hope that helps :)

Reactions: DillionWhore

DillionWhore

Sep 30, 2018
yeah.. i did that.

But i did what you described in Option 2.
Don't forget to set your camera in the render screen though and not be in renderview.
Coz i will just render 30fps of stills :)

I deleted all Daz Studio stuff yesterday though, i am done with it.
Gonna have a run at Blender now :p

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I absolutely love the models that Xtrart uses. Mostly she just does clothing but she has released one G8 character:

This Jane model is pretty close, the lips and eye brows appear to be a match but to me there seems to be a difference around the eyes, and of course the skin is different.

Previously I was looking for information about the Xtrart models because they are more appealing to me than the clothes, and I came upon a post were she stated that she always uses Victoria 8 with personal tweaks.

Edit: I just found the exact match for the skin:

So the Jane model with Riza skin textures are the closest you'll get before any needed tweaking by yourself.
Thanks.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Couple very likely dumb Daz3d questions:
1.Somehow I lost my ability to rotate things on screen. If I select an object I get the xyz movement box, but no rotational curved lines to adjust, and the blue/green/red circles on the top left don't appear. What the hell did I do?
2. Normally when I select an object, say that I move a chair, and then click on a character to pose, then it selects the whole character. However, I have one character, though, that whenever I click on her it selects that specific area I clicked on. So I'll have a chair selected, then click on the character, and it'll select her torso, not her entire character. For all the other characters it doesn't matter where I click, doing the same thing selects the entire character. How do I fix this?

Thank you!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote