3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ulala0077

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2018
Within the viewport the hair is shown as the base colour. There are however many other surface properties that are applicable to the hair asset. If you select the hair asset in the scene window and then click on the surfaces tab you can view all of these properties. My best guess as to why the hair colour renders different, is the translucency colour / weight.
Hey thanks for replying. I tweaked a bit, and changed rendering to OpenGl intermediate. Hair is retaining the fine detail and blonde color and rendering is superfast too
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
View attachment 369864

Is there an easy way to remove LIN tattoos? (right shoulder)
I wanted to test render some of the designs but so far I only am able to remove them by reapplying the skin every time...
A LIE tattoo changes the image used for the skin texture. Hence to fix, the only method is to reapply the skin, as you are already doing. If you have Skin Builder 8 you can save the skin without the tattoo's. Hence reapplying the skin is only a couple of clicks, as it is saved as a material preset in your library.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
That sounds pretty useful. You could also store different make up styles and swap between them, right?
Absolutely, SB8 has a face preset as well. SB8 is the best asset I know of for tweaking and managing character skins. If you haven't already checked it out, the tutorial I created as in my sig gives some pointers on how to use SB8 amongst other things.

Mengal

Sep 11, 2018
Hi guys, what's wrong with her body texture? Her face is normal but for some reason her body and ears look like sandpaper

Gabi3.jpg GabiSkin.jpg

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi guys, what's wrong with her body texture? Her face is normal but for some reason her body and ears look like sandpaper

View attachment 370307 View attachment 370308
This is most likely caused by the bump map setting within the skin surface. Typically this should be 1, however it sometimes gets inflated by shader settings much as Altern 8 which inflates it to 4 for example.

Reactions: Mengal

Mengal

Sep 11, 2018
This is most likely caused by the bump map setting within the skin surface. Typically this should be 1, however it sometimes gets inflated by shader settings much as Altern 8 which inflates it to 4 for example.
It's fixed now and I learned something new. Thank you!

Reactions: Xavster

rolmac

May 28, 2017
I have a little trouble with this morph around the nose and I can not solve it only by changing skin
a little help would not be refused
thank you

dracarys.jpg

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
I need help.
I've downloaded a bunch of packages from Renderosity to use with Daz Studio 4.11. My problem is that I can't figure out how to use Content Package Assist. Does anyone know of a tutorial video or pdf file that I could read to figure out what exactly I'm doing wrong? I've successfully figured it out one time but I have issues retaining information so a pdf guide would be very helpful. Thank you in advance guys. This community is the most helpful community I've ever been a part of.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I have a little trouble with this morph around the nose and I can not solve it only by changing skin
a little help would not be refused
thank you

View attachment 374171
What exactly IS the problem? I don't see something problematic here, aside from a not well positioned light. :unsure:
I need help.
I've downloaded a bunch of packages from Renderosity to use with Daz Studio 4.11. My problem is that I can't figure out how to use Content Package Assist. Does anyone know of a tutorial video or pdf file that I could read to figure out what exactly I'm doing wrong? I've successfully figured it out one time but I have issues retaining information so a pdf guide would be very helpful. Thank you in advance guys. This community is the most helpful community I've ever been a part of.
Just unpack and move the folders to your library, or is it an installer?
Also, have a look here: How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
What exactly IS the problem? I don't see something problematic here, aside from a not well positioned light. :unsure:

Just unpack and move the folders to your library, or is it an installer?
Also, have a look here: How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager
The issue I'm having is because Renderosity package files don't seem to be compatible with Daz for some reason. The downloads I have from there aren't DAZ zips. They don't have the img number infront of the file name. With Content Package Assist, it supposedly takes non-daz zips and turns them into files compatible with DIM.

rolmac

May 28, 2017
it is precisely the worry there is no added light
it's this character: https://f95zone.to/threads/dracarys-for-g8f.9985/
he is the only character who has this type of problem.
I have a solution is to change the skin and the problem disappears, but I would like to keep the original skin

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
it is precisely the worry there is no added light
it's this character: https://f95zone.to/threads/dracarys-for-g8f.9985/
he is the only character who has this type of problem.
I have a solution is to change the skin and the problem disappears, but I would like to keep the original skin
if there's no light in the scene then it's the camera light + I guess, the skin surface settings. You could play a bit with the surface settings for the face, specifically with the scatter and transmit settings. I don't have the model, so I can't really help you with that, sorry.

The issue I'm having is because Renderosity package files don't seem to be compatible with Daz for some reason. The downloads I have from there aren't DAZ zips. They don't have the img number infront of the file name. With Content Package Assist, it supposedly takes non-daz zips and turns them into files compatible with DIM.
Most of the assets on rendero have to be installed manually.

Reactions: rolmac

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
This is why I just manually add everything to a custom Library as Daz Installer doesn't work for places like Renderosity or Redererotica, etc.

It also gives me the added benefit of being able to organize it exactly as I want and delete extraneous files; I mean do I really need 30+ instances of Zediculous's Store links.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Most of the assets on rendero have to be installed manually.
This is why I just manually add everything to a custom Library as Daz Installer doesn't work for places like Renderosity or Redererotica, etc.

It also gives me the added benefit of being able to organize it exactly as I want and delete extraneous files; I mean do I really need 30+ instances of Zediculous's Store links.
I know I'm being annoying and a simpleton but could either of you guys explain how to manually add them?

rolmac

May 28, 2017
if there's no light in the scene then it's the camera light + I guess, the skin surface settings. You could play a bit with the surface settings for the face, specifically with the scatter and transmit settings. I don't have the model, so I can't really help you with that, sorry.
in fact you helped me
I was in perspective and I did not check with a camera or the problem disappears
thank you for your answers (y)

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Hi! Could somebody advice me, what to improve in girls models/textures/shaders? I am using Unity and Unity-chan shader.
But keep in mind, there are up to 12 characters in the scene, I need to keep a low polycount:

Screenshot_24.png

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
currently using https://f95zone.to/threads/new-gens-for-victoria-8-g3f-g8f.10617/ on my G8F and when applying wet look and swelling preset effect to it it makes the gens invisible, if I go to parameters tab and turn these two off the gens then become a different colour but also has no wet look and swelling look and does not match the rest of the skin, any suggestions.
The wet look is a geoshell that is applied over the model to achieve the shine / droplets. The effect layer on NGV8 also uses a geoshell to achieve similar effects. The problem you have is that with the doubling up on geoshells, the result is not what is intended. To correct and also achieve the wet effect in the NGV8 do the following:
- Update NVG8 surface to the model to get consistency on the base skin (should already be done)
- Go into the surfaces tab and copy the torso surface for the wet skin geoshell
- Paste the wet skin torso surface to the effect layer on NGV8 (Genitals & Anus)
- On the wet skin geoshell turn off the NGV8 portions in the parameters (as per your screenshot)
- Assign corrected torso map should wet skin surface texture map not be a torso map. *

I'm not sure what the swelling look is, however if it is another geoshell it will cause problems. If it is a geometry preset, should be fine.

PS: You can think of a geoshell as a frosted pane of glass placed over the model. If you have more than 1 it will give an unintended effect due to the interaction between multiple layers.

Edit: Did a couple of tests and it doesn't work quite as well as I thought. Can't get the wet skin effect to apply to the genitals, however there are no sharp changes of colour. I'll try to get the texture maps to work and will let you know should I succeed.

Edit 2: I had to grab the appropriate portion from the wet skin texture map and crop and resize to a torso map. Following this did the last step above.

PS: The wet skin effect is from

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote