3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Using either of the nVidia AI Denoiser 2.3 or the Intel Denoiser 1.1 i'm getting this error which just repats until it finally creates a 0 KB png file.

I do use Photoshop to remove certain imperfections.
Anyone got an idea why it looks like she has two skin tones? Before this she was wearing a jacket. Do I need to recalculate something when I remove clothes?
The Character's arm textures likely got messed up somehow. I've had this happen sometimes when using Skin Builder (rare but sometimes something goes wrong and the textures get altered). Is that tattoo part of that character or did you add it from another source. Sometimes Tattoo's aren't L.I.E, or even an Overlay, but character specific so when you add the tattoo, you're not just getting it, but that characters skin for that tattoo's location (Torso, Face, Legs, Arms). In that image though it looks like only the Arm textures don't match.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Anyone got an idea why it looks like she has two skin tones? Before this she was wearing a jacket. Do I need to recalculate something when I remove clothes?
View attachment 382668
looks like different subsurface settings. Go to the surface tab, select you character, selct skin and scroll down until you see "Thin walled", if it has a question mark, this is the reason. If so, click on it to toggle it on, or off (off = like the upper body, on = like the rest of the body). If it's not that, you'll have to search and I can't help you with that^^"

Using either of the nVidia AI Denoiser 2.3 or the Intel Denoiser 1.1 i'm getting this error which just repats until it finally creates a 0 KB png file.

I do use Photoshop to remove certain imperfections.

The Character's arm textures likely got messed up somehow. I've had this happen sometimes when using Skin Builder (rare but sometimes something goes wrong and the textures get altered). Is that tattoo part of that character or did you add it from another source. Sometimes Tattoo's aren't L.I.E, or even an Overlay, but character specific so when you add the tattoo, you're not just getting it, but that characters skin for that tattoo's location (Torso, Face, Legs, Arms). In that image though it looks like only the Arm textures don't match.
What error?

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
What error?
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Obviously Photoshop does something differently there. I can fix the problem by either denoising before making alterations in Photoshop, or if I've already altered the file I can open the PNG file in MS Paint and re-save it; after that I can denoise it without error.

I figured all that out a while ago, but was already in the process of creating a help post. I keep forgetting that f95 saves the text so when trying to help that dude, I didn't realize my previous text was still waiting to be posted, despite being canceled.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Obviously Photoshop does something differently there. I can fix the problem by either denoising before making alterations in Photoshop, or if I've already altered the file I can open the PNG file in MS Paint and re-save it; after that I can denoise it without error.

I figured all that out a while ago, but was already in the process of creating a help post. I keep forgetting that f95 saves the text so when trying to help that dude, I didn't realize my previous text was still waiting to be posted, despite being canceled.
Hmm... that's just a warning and all current image librarys should basically ignore it, how do you save the files?

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Hmm... that's just a warning and all current image librarys should basically ignore it, how do you save the files?
After I edit in PS, I just save it, keeping it as a png file; I don't make any changes there. Like I said though, it's clealry something to do with how PS saves the file as if I open it in paint and resave it, there is no problem denoising it.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
any one help me with this want to make the genital the same colour as the skins with the head of the penis dark purple i have tried copying skin and pasting it on the gens in parameters but nothing any suggestions

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Oh this might be it. I am using skin builder for the first time and added a tattoo after building the skin. I just checked and it is from another character... Do you know a way to work around it? Otherwise I just reload my skin builder settings and look for a L.I.E tattoo.
Usually if Skin Builder messes up somewhere and I don't catch it in time, I just put the character's base skin back on and start over.
My routine is, Brow Removal (if necessary), Ultimate Freckles (if I want them), Skin Builder. Sometimes I'll start with Ultimate Iray Skin Manager to get the tone of skin I want, as I've always found that aspect a pain in Skin Builder. Finally I'll add tattoo's; I rarely mess with overlays and never use character specific tats unless they're L.I.E. After I've applied all the L.I.E. Tattoo's I'll use L.I.E. Baker to merge all those with the skins for faster loading of the character. I've always found L.I.E the better choice for everything, but L.I.E. Baker is a must as you can get some serious file sizes going if you start adding loads of L.I.E's. I think one of my characters with around 25 or so tattoo's was 382 meg before L.I.E. Baker.

Edit: Keep in mind that once all that is done you should use Skin Builder one last time to save the final skin preset where you want and then load that preset as the skins will still all be in temp locations.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
Looking at the file it doesn't appear to have the necessary Daz duf files, just the poser stuff despite being Daz & Poser. Daz can still load that, but you'll have to find it in the poser library.
well dam, what use is that :rolleyes:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
well dam, what use is that :rolleyes:
V4 was made long before smart content even existed.
Sorry if this comes off a bit offensive, but I've posted this several times already (last time was two or three pages back): "Smart Content" needs metadata, older Daz content, Poser content, and most of the content from renderosity and renderotica does not have metadata, but can still be used in Daz from the "Content Library".
You can add content from the content library to the smart content yourself via right click -> "create category from..."

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Oh this might be it. I am using skin builder for the first time and added a tattoo after building the skin. I just checked and it is from another character... Do you know a way to work around it? Otherwise I just reload my skin builder settings and look for a L.I.E tattoo.
If the tattoo is part of another skin and not a LIE tattoo it is on the skin texture map itself. Hence you you apply the tattoo you are effectively overwriting the previous skin. Unfortunately the only way of getting this tattoo onto your skin is to do the process manually in an image editor (extract tattoo off source skin and paste it onto your skin.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Yeah, you are correct. It is just hard to see which tattoos are part of a skin texture and which ones are on their own in the previews. Now that I know it I can be extra careful while using tattoos. Is it hard to remove the tattoos using image editors? I can imagine that the textures use use a lot of smoothing. Might be easier to make custom tattoo overlays.
The easiest way to be sure is to navigate to the appropriate asset textures location located My Daz 3D Library \ Runtime \ Textures \ Relevant Author etc.

Stripping a tattoo off another skin is time consuming and doesn't usually provide particularly good results. It is actually easier to get a tattoo image off the internet and apply to the texture map itself. I wrote a tutorial a while ago as linked below, that will give you a good idea what you would have to do.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I tried to follow your instructions but Brow Removal doesn't work with Gen8 it seems (but that's okay) and I don't have L.I.E Baker. I played around a bit with Ultimate Iray and I think i see what you mean. I have to check out the tutorial to get more out of it though. So far I prefer the overlays of Skin Builder, at least for freckles and veins but it sometimes breaks my GPU :censored: The whole skin creation process takes so much time with my old PC...
Brow Removal works with Gen 8, there just isn't a Gen 8 removal option, but you can still remove a gen 8's brows by choosing Gen 3 (Sex) in brow removal; it will remove the brows on Gen 8 as well.

You can get LIE Baker here.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Hmm I tried that but it didn't have any effect. Maybe I was just to frustrated and missed something.
Thanks for the link. I love and hate you for sharing it :censored: There are so many things on this side I didn't know existed :love:
Make sure the model is selected, then click on Brow Remover.
Brow Removal.jpg

Play with that slider until Brow Removal Mask is saying Gen 3F. After that click Apply, like Skin Builder it might take a minute or so to complete.
You'll want to save it as a material preset as Brow Removal saves those files to a temp location which deletes itself once Daz3D is closed. So if you don't save it as a preset and apply it, then the next time you load up that character you'll get missing textures as the path it was looking for will be gone.

Preceptor

Jul 25, 2018
Hey people, I'm new to 3d modeling and using daz3d. I was trying to apply the new generation genitalia for victoria expansion pack mods to my character. When I use its texture generator and then apply it, some textures in the tights disappear and the character anus goes to the abdomen. What Am I doing wrong?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hey people, I'm new to 3d modeling and using daz3d. I was trying to apply the new generation genitalia for victoria expansion pack mods to my character. When I use its texture generator and then apply it, some textures in the tights disappear and the character anus goes to the abdomen. What Am I doing wrong?
That's a bug that has mentioned some pages back already, I don't know if there's fix available though.

Preceptor

Jul 25, 2018
That's a bug that has mentioned some pages back already, I don't know if there's fix available though.
Thanks a lot for your answer... weird bug.
It should work in some situations, the guy that created it probably tested. The problem is that it occurs in the most simple of the situations. Create a victoria 8 model, install a vagina, use the script and then the bug appears...

Superman+LoisLane

Nov 5, 2017
Hi, I'm new to using Daz3D and I've run into a problem where my Genesis 8 males are looking as if the freak morph is applied to them. They're all muscular, have big, cavemen jaws, and have man titties. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I'm new to using Daz3D and I've run into a problem where my Genesis 8 males are looking as if the freak morph is applied to them. They're all muscular, have big, cavemen jaws, and have man titties. Does anyone know how to fix this?
This happened to some people who had an older version of the Alistair character installed. Check out the shaping tab and see what morphs the character has; you might be able to see if it is the freak morph doing it. If it is you may have to uninstall it, or look for a fix as people had to do with Alistair.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote