3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
So, what type of software does ICSTOR use to make the 3D pics? I have tons of free time and wouldn't mind giving it a shot and trying to make nudes of various characters/actresses :/ Just the stills, not any of the animation. But have zero idea where to start.
He uses Daz3d. Which is a very easy program to use.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Don't you need assloads of various addons/bundles/premade stuff for that or can you actually make them from scratch and is the program itself free?
Yeah you need assets, but you can download a lot of them from here as well as other places. Yes, the program is free.

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
When i delete morphs from my libary does it change my saved characters that used these morphs or do they keep their shape?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
When i delete morphs from my libary does it change my saved characters that used these morphs or do they keep their shape?
saves can only use morphs they can find. It will still load, but you'll get errors and your char might look different.

Reactions: Lewd4D

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
To provide some additional clarification, the character will change shape if the asset morph is no longer available. Upon next saving the character, any morphs that fail to load will no longer be saved with the character. Hence you will no longer get error messages when you open the character, however they will look different as some of the original morphs will be missing.

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Thx for the fast answers.

Just another question. Does the save-file find morphs automatically on load when i put said morphs into a sub-folder?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

Just another question. Does the save-file find morphs automatically on load when i put said morphs into a sub-folder?
I've never tried that, but I'd guess that even if it doesn't find it, you could simply reapply it, since it will be loaded as new if it's not found.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017

I think DAZ will look for them in the old location; but there's no problem if it doesn't find them there because when it gives you the error it allows you to indicate its new location. Then when you save the file you will remember it.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I think DAZ will look for them in the old location; but there's no problem if it doesn't find them there because when it gives you the error it allows you to indicate its new location. Then when you save the file you will remember it.
Are you sure about this? I had this for textures, but not for morphs. :unsure:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Are you sure about this? I had this for textures, but not for morphs. :unsure:
I'm not sure, no.

:unsure:
Perhaps, as you say, the option to locate the file not found is only for textures, but with morphs or other daz files it only shows you an error when not finding them without the possibility of indicating the new location.

Reactions: recreation

Elle.effie

Feb 21, 2018
OK, so I'm sure someone, somewhere has asked this before, but I cannot seem to find it, so here goes...
I found some models I'd like to use in Daz ( ), but when I attempt to import them, they are twisted and unusable. I've got Blender 2.8 to open them, but I can't import them, even after trying to fix them through Blender. Could someone please help?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
OK, so I'm sure someone, somewhere has asked this before, but I cannot seem to find it, so here goes...
I found some models I'd like to use in Daz ( ), but when I attempt to import them, they are twisted and unusable. I've got Blender 2.8 to open them, but I can't import them, even after trying to fix them through Blender. Could someone please help?

Not an expert, but if you drop the files I'm quite curious to look at it

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017

According to the information on the Renderhub page, that model comes with a .dae format option. That format can be directly imported into DAZ. From the menu click on File and them Import. The advantage of the dae format is that it "should" include the textures. Of course real world results don't always live up to the promises.

Elle.effie

Feb 21, 2018
From the dae file, I get a load of Armature listings, odd skeletons too. The fbx file too, just in a different manner. The obj file only gives a translucent skin that does nothing and needs to be set to 5000% to be visible, and even then not at the right size. I can translate the base figure in Blender, but it imports without bones, so I'm not sure what to do.

Jenson143

Dec 8, 2017

Usually some duplication between sites.. So watch what you download :D

How to download from renderotica

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Is it possible in DAZ to copy surface settings from one model to another without changing the textures?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Is it possible in DAZ to copy surface settings from one model to another without changing the textures?
Yes, save only the material, and when you import it where you want, hold down the Crtl key (or it could be Shift, I don't remember exactly now); doing that you will get a dialog box where you can select if you want the images (textures) or not.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote