a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Getting an Exception Error and I can't get passed it (I did install the WT).

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 37, in script
    return
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\53XHomecoming-0.1.6.1-pc\53XHomecoming-0.1.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1490, in execute
    renpy.game.context().pop_dynamic()
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\53XHomecoming-0.1.6.1-pc\53XHomecoming-0.1.6-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 372, in pop_dynamic
    del store[k]
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
53X Homecoming 0.1.6
Wed Jun 09 13:20:33 2021
You should read up on the instruction more because the mod has not yet been updated to v.1.6.1 yet.
Mod version must match game version to be able to use.

Mod Version: 0.1.4
Game Version: 0.1.4

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
yes ESPECIALLY since it sure seemed like they were just on the edge of KILLING HER!
Yes, the whole situation seemed very tense. But why would someone kill Cam? I think a kidnapping and subsequent blackmail is more likely. That would make more sense in my opinion.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Yes, the whole situation seemed very tense. But why would someone kill Cam? I think a kidnapping and subsequent blackmail is more likely. That would make more sense in my opinion.
I think they were going to kill her if they believed she was lying to them. Now I think they will hold her till MC bring Van Horne to meet them and help them. Not really sure how MC is going to convince them that he is in fact Van Horne since he doesn't really have anything to identify himself as Mr. Van Horne. (at least that I remember)

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
I think they were going to kill her if they believed she was lying to them. Now I think they will hold her till MC bring Van Horne to meet them and help them. Not really sure how MC is going to convince them that he is in fact Van Horne since he doesn't really have anything to identify himself as Mr. Van Horne. (at least that I remember)
Yes, that would be very difficult.

I want a new update NOW! :LOL:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i agree with others when saying wtf did MC leave Cam behind like that .. it does not make any sense ... with as far as the game has gone to this point ... the MC would never have done something so stupid ... but i guess there is always a starting point where MC being stupid would start :rolleyes:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
i agree with others when saying wtf did MC leave Cam behind like that .. it does not make any sense ... with as far as the game has gone to this point ... the MC would never have done something so stupid ... but i guess there is always a starting point where MC being stupid would start :rolleyes:
Well he is building trust and likely is pretty sure she is not in danger and they are aware she is not a player or has knowledge they want and see Cam as just someone he inherited from his father, an employee. Him making a big point about her though might make them see Cam as a useable bargaining chip.

Now he himself might be in more danger with what he knows about the sister if he does not win their trust.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
yes ESPECIALLY since it sure seemed like they were just on the edge of KILLING HER!
Not killing. Asa planed to interrogate her, using torture, probably just psychological, if necessary.

But, now that she's aware that MC know who she is, and that her ex employer is looking for her, she will probably not even do that. It's a too high risk. It's not just about loosing a possible contact with Van Horne that is in play, one phone call from MC and her sister is in deep shit.
Haruka was clearly surprised that he know she have a sister, what prove to them that MC have the right connections ; he found, in a really short laps of time, an information that he probably shouldn't have found at all. And not only he knew that Asa is her sister, but also what was her job, and that she's still looked for. It's not the kind of information you get from the first guy you phone too, nor that leak to the first person who ask.
They also made an error by asking if he have connection with the houses, because now MC have two options. Either he warn the government, telling them where is their missing agent, or he warn the houses, what would be worse.

In the end, pissing off MC is not something they can afford to do. They can be cold, even harsh, it would have no consequences, it's just business. If he planed to snitch about them, he would have already done it. And if he wanted to threaten them, he shown that he have a lever for that. But they aren't stupid enough to think that there isn't a limit ; it's not snitching cowardly if you do it to take revenge of a torture act or a murder.
Asa can perhaps think that killing MC is an option, but she can't be sure that she'll do it in time. And someone with her qualification will never take such risk. Therefore, Cam is safe, she'll go back at home relaxed by a good orgasm.

But yet MC shouldn't have left Cam alone, especially with Asa being so cold and nearly threatening. Normally he should have phoned Devon the instant he left the house, asking her to ensure that Cam will really left safe.
Right now, he can't be sure that they are harmless. His accident, his father's death, all this can be due to Asa, since she have the knowledge and the contacts, perhaps because the father refused to present them to Mr. Van Horne, or more. I highly doubt it's what happened, but in the context their insistence should have raised at least some suspicion and made him act.
And it's not just their insistence that should have raised his suspicion. They aren't only interested by Van Horne, Asa also questioned him about Global Frontier. It's not a secret that it was his father's property, but it have nothing to do with the subject at hand. They are supposed to talk about a partnership to handle their assets, an import/export company have no place in such discussion.
I highly doubt that they want to see him to talk about real estate. I mean, seeing him in person would not tell them more than having a phone call, or an email discussion, with him. They wouldn't have more proof that it's really him just because he is in front of them, since they have no idea what he looks like (else they would have know it was MC's father). And obviously, asking him for an ID would be highly offending.

But well, all this is assuming that the story is correctly handled and wrote. So far it seem to be the case... except this "I'll left her and just go to sleep" ending, that clearly feel like a forced deus ex machina cliffhanger.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Well he is building trust and likely is pretty sure she is not in danger and they are aware she is not a player or has knowledge they want and see Cam as just someone he inherited from his father, an employee. Him making a big point about her though might make them see Cam as a useable bargaining chip.

Now he himself might be in more danger with what he knows about the sister if he does not win their trust.
decent response .. not buying it .. but decent response

Reactions: DA22

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Not killing. Asa planed to interrogate her, using torture, probably just psychological, if necessary.

But, now that she's aware that MC know who she is, and that her ex employer is looking for her, she will probably not even do that. It's a too high risk. It's not just about loosing a possible contact with Van Horne that is in play, one phone call from MC and her sister is in deep shit.
Haruka was clearly surprised that he know she have a sister, what prove to them that MC have the right connections ; he found, in a really short laps of time, an information that he probably shouldn't have found at all. And not only he knew that Asa is her sister, but also what was her job, and that she's still looked for. It's not the kind of information you get from the first guy you phone too, nor that leak to the first person who ask.
They also made an error by asking if he have connection with the houses, because now MC have two options. Either he warn the government, telling them where is their missing agent, or he warn the houses, what would be worse.

In the end, pissing off MC is not something they can afford to do. They can be cold, even harsh, it would have no consequences, it's just business. If he planed to snitch about them, he would have already done it. And if he wanted to threaten them, he shown that he have a lever for that. But they aren't stupid enough to think that there isn't a limit ; it's not snitching cowardly if you do it to take revenge of a torture act or a murder.
Asa can perhaps think that killing MC is an option, but she can't be sure that she'll do it in time. And someone with her qualification will never take such risk. Therefore, Cam is safe, she'll go back at home relaxed by a good orgasm.

But yet MC shouldn't have left Cam alone, especially with Asa being so cold and nearly threatening. Normally he should have phoned Devon the instant he left the house, asking her to ensure that Cam will really left safe.
Right now, he can't be sure that they are harmless. His accident, his father's death, all this can be due to Asa, since she have the knowledge and the contacts, perhaps because the father refused to present them to Mr. Van Horne, or more. I highly doubt it's what happened, but in the context their insistence should have raised at least some suspicion and made him act.
And it's not just their insistence that should have raised his suspicion. They aren't only interested by Van Horne, Asa also questioned him about Global Frontier. It's not a secret that it was his father's property, but it have nothing to do with the subject at hand. They are supposed to talk about a partnership to handle their assets, an import/export company have no place in such discussion.
I highly doubt that they want to see him to talk about real estate. I mean, seeing him in person would not tell them more than having a phone call, or an email discussion, with him. They wouldn't have more proof that it's really him just because he is in front of them, since they have no idea what he looks like (else they would have know it was MC's father). And obviously, asking him for an ID would be highly offending.

But well, all this is assuming that the story is correctly handled and wrote. So far it seem to be the case... except this "I'll left her and just go to sleep" ending, that clearly feel like a forced deus ex machina cliffhanger.
not here to argue with you but did you notice the hand gun with the SURPRESSOR???? you don't use those to interrogate or torture someone!!!! Those are only used to KILL SOMEONE!!

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, got done with 0.16.1 and as such, got once again, caught up with the Dev.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyways, thank you for the game thus far, and looking forward for more.

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes