LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Hi again Andrew David Irving

Yes again I agree with you but as you point out yourself companys do this to other companys that are under duress and therfore at a disadvantage of maybe desperately needing said companys business.
And there is a moral question over such practices but its no illegal and as you say many companies will do this.

But thats just it in the game the MC has only enquired or should I say shown an interest in doing business with the Girls.
And After he dropped Van Hornes name they have gone as far as to check out some of the building Mr Van Horne holds that MC's realtor deals with.
Now the MC may desire to do business with the girls but as far as i'm aware it is not necessary that he do's do business with them.
And it will not adversely effect him or his company should he choose not to do business with them.
If the girls were any good at business they would be aware of this fact.

Which kind of makes their to put it mildly heavy handed threat type approach of sort it for us or else fuck off.
Near enough tantamount to shooting themselfs in the foot.
If of corse this wasn't a game and the MC wasn't enevitably meant to work for them.

I have also seen this business practise used both sucessfully when a company needed the company doing this to them.
And not so sucessfully when the company didn't need but was only mildly interested in the company that was trying to do this to them.
Needless to say the latter resulted in them being politely told to fuck off.

Which frankly is what the MC should of said to the two girls but we all know he won't because he is ment to deal with them.
Plus I can only look at it from my point of view as a player which is would I do business with these two woman after that threat and no I personaly wouldn't.
But we all know the MC will.

Last edited:

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
I doubt Ishii sisters care about business they need Frontier Global and Van Horne because William Latimore killed her husband and probably controls with Steele the sales of the houses a bit of hostage situation which Asa Ishii alone can't resolve.

Reactions: Haast
Mar 28, 2018
Hi LWtbo, again I agree with much that you say and respect that your perspective appears to be from an honest moral approach to business. To my mind Asa's character is much closer to O'Ren Ishii whose business associates continued to work with her despite knowing that they were likely to literally 'lose their ****ing heads' if they committed minor infractions rather than a squeaky clean fair minded honest character from say the Waltons. Business (and life in general) is about 'survival of the fittest' and is not composed of a sequence of equitable interactions, indeed as a species we are hard wired to accept onerous decrees as is amply exemplified by the fact that the majority of ordinary people will 'press the button' to torture someone in the next room when directed to do so. So it was no surprise to me that the MC accepted/ignored the 'my way or the highway' edict from the sisters knowing that their shrill lamentations were irrelevant because he held the position of power over them because of their vital need to be assisted by Van Horne/Global Frontiers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haast

Xandoren

Oct 17, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't understand why this makes the MC stupid.

I have gone to presentation meetings before and met my co-workers outside of the meeting, go into the meeting and do our presentation, afterwards members of my team or I leave the meeting separately. Sometimes people want to talk specifics like finance or design of a project and only the knowledgeable person from the presentation stays in the meeting while the others presenting leave. That happens everyday in the business world.

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Although it seems that the game focus on the business management and how MC will make good deals I personally doubt that this is a problem or a case. Already we know that MC decided to revive or continue the Frontier Global with help from Santiago or more precise from his quad mate team. Also although we see MC trying to level up the economics already he just received back 2.28 million from Charlie from a safe house his father had. The funny point here, MC still asks his God-mom to pay for the service. So if we bypass the economic management MC has to find a mole and confirm who killed his father. Maybe it is Markis or perhaps W. Latimore is involved. The sure thing is that Markis family tries to control the county and in the process seems they may want to get rid of the big players in it.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I don't understand why this makes the MC stupid.

I have gone to presentation meetings before and met my co-workers outside of the meeting, go into the meeting and do our presentation, afterwards members of my team or I leave the meeting separately. Sometimes people want to talk specifics like finance or design of a project and only the knowledgeable person from the presentation stays in the meeting while the others presenting leave. That happens everyday in the business world.

yeah dude i'm 60 no need for explanations ... your forgetting the MC is supposed to be smart .... and what background has he seen and been thru ... and you don't think he would figure out what those women are upto .... my friend you need to rethink your position on this subject ;)

ravensoftbuns

Nov 9, 2020
Still can't get the MC name to change from NONE! Restarted the game twice, no help.
It sounds like you used a save from earlier than the v0.1.0 version you have to delete some files before starting a new play through. Here is the post about deleting those files from Xandoren...You should delete your persistent file.

Ok, so that means to persistent file did not delete correctly.

While in renpy delete all saves from main menu and from the auto A saves.
Close Renpy and go to your user data folder and delete all the files there. On a PC it is usually...
C:\Users\Xandoren(or whatever you use to login)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\53XHomecoming-1573777451
Launch again and try the above name steps

Reactions: Xandoren

Bollagus

Nov 9, 2019
It sounds like you used a save from earlier than the v0.1.0 version you have to delete some files before starting a new play through. Here is the post about deleting those files from Xandoren...You should delete your persistent file.
Ok, I'll try that, thanks. So, I will need to start over, again.

ravensoftbuns

Nov 9, 2020
Ok, I'll try that, thanks. So, I will need to start over, again.
Once you delete the save files and the persistent file yes. But it is not hard if you just skip. You can go to your Renpy setting and turn on skip if it is not set. Then it should skip anything until a choice is needed. When I did this I went through the first 12 days in about 5 mins.

Reactions: Xandoren
3.40 star(s) 76 Votes