Mod Ren'Py 53X Homecoming Walkthrough/Gallery mod [v0.2.5.1][scrappy]

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
... I may go ahead and delete it until the mod and the game roughly match.
...which is already the case. The mod walks you through version 0.1.4, and after that you basically have one choice: "Shoot self in foot, or don't shoot self in foot?" Hint: there is no benefit to shooting oneself in the foot, and if you choose to do so, you will not die.

I am perplexed as to why people are having so much difficulty understanding something so simple and apparent.

Last edited:

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
...which is already the case.
1.4 and 1.6 aren't matching, or even as I put it, "rougly" matching. 1.6a and 1.6b would for example, be roughly matching. Or in the case of this thread, 1.6 and 1.6.1 would be roughly matching, but 1.4 and 1.6 are still not roughly matching.

I am perplexed as to why people are having so much difficulty understanding something so simple and apparent.
I can see why you would be perplexed by your own misunderstanding that people are misunderstanding anything. Pragmatically, we have no way of knowing what's supposedly apparent because you are discussing details within the game, which I'll note, we wouldn't have downloaded as people who have indicated we didn't download it. But ya know... by all means, continue making assumptions about what's apparent I guess.

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
I can see why you would be perplexed by your own misunderstanding that people are misunderstanding anything. Pragmatically, we have no way of knowing what's supposedly apparent because you are discussing details within the game, which I'll note, we wouldn't have downloaded as people who have indicated we didn't download it. But ya know... by all means, continue making assumptions about what's apparent I guess.
A walkthrough is a guide which details the method of winning a game or the various paths available to the player. When there is only one path, there is no need for a walkthrough because the player is forced to follow the only path that exists. Since v.0.1.4, there has only been one path to follow, and only one (obvious) choice to make. Therefore, no update has been forthcoming because no walkthrough has been required since v.0.1.4. Any player who has completed the game up to the point where the current walkthrough ends (i.e. version 0.1.4) has reached that point in the game where it effectively becomes a kinetic novel.

What this means is that any walkthrough would have to cover up through v.0.1.4. That is precisely what the current walkthrough does. In other words, just use the v.0.1.4 walthrough for the latest version of the game. At some point in the future, it is likely that the game will once again have branching paths, and it will once again be useful to have an updated walkthrough. Should the fundamental parts of the game change (i.e. the programming and/or variables necessary to track the player), that would also make it necessary to update the walkthrough. Until either of those things happens, however, an update would be pointless. That is one reason why there has not been an update to this walkthrough since v.0.1.4. There may be other reasons, but we have not been told of them.

All of the above has been explained previously by various people, but not everyone reviews what has been posted before. That, and not everyone takes the time to think about what they are reading. I have attempted to provide a thorough explanation in the hope that it will provide clarity and understanding to those who actually want it. Until such time as an updated version of the walkthough is needed and/or useful, requests for an update are nonsensical. For those who have not read the thread and are therefore posting a request for an update without understanding the situation, I suggest pointing them to this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: darlzx

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
for no unnecessery answers for the updates like 1.6 or 1.7....why not post it at your headsite that there is no need for the update

Reactions: Kevinlolz

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021
scrappy Can you please update your mod?
I think there are no new choices but there is one new scene in the gallery that i can't unlock with the old mod.
Can you also please make an unlocker for the picture gallery in the game?

Reactions: Punto

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
but there is one new scene in the gallery that i can't unlock with the old mod.
Just play the Update.
The new eventscene is at the end, and this scene is also the source for the one knew image in the gallery.
If you don't feel like reading and just want to see the replay, press skip for ~ 30-40 seconds.

Reactions: Punto

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021
Just play the Update.
The new eventscene is at the end, and this scene is also the source for the one knew image in the gallery.
If you don't feel like reading and just want to see the replay, press skip for ~ 30-40 seconds.
I installed the mod for the walkthrough so i can play the game from the beginning but the mod deleted the new scene from the gallery.
This mod needs to be updated otherwise it will mess with the game.
scrappy Maybe there is no new choices but if someone wants to play the game from the beginning and uses the mod for it's walkthrough there will be problem with the game if you use the old mod.

Why not delete a dead mod?
It's not a dead mod it's just that there was no need to update it for the past updates.

Reactions: ducktails