Mod Ren'Py 53X Homecoming Walkthrough/Gallery mod [v0.2.5.1][scrappy]

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
can 0.0.8 still be used with 0.1.0 ?
Why do people ask such strange questions about walkthrough mods, It's obvious and logical that when a new version of the game comes out it always requires a new updated version of the walkthrough mod, because if you use the old version of the mod on the new version of the game you can either broken the game that way or in the best case you just won't see the new content added in the new version because you have to remember that every walkthrough mod overwrites the original rpy/rpyc files with content from the game.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
does this work till a latest update?
Is it really that hard to read something, especially since it was written literally on the same page 2 posts up?

Why do people ask such strange questions about walkthrough mods, It's obvious and logical that when a new version of the game comes out it always requires a new updated version of the walkthrough mod, because if you use the old version of the mod on the new version of the game you can either broken the game that way or in the best case you just won't see the new content added in the new version because you have to remember that every walkthrough mod overwrites the original rpy/rpyc files with content from the game.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
does this work till a latest update?
And besides the dev changed the code in the whole game, so the mod needs to be created completely from scratch since the code was changed, so it is even more obvious that the old version of mod will not work with the new version of the game.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Actually Mario4don you are incorrect. Some mods do NOT require updating and are universal for the entire game. The only reason mods need updating is when the dev changes code or variables. In some games these never change, hence the universal mod. You should do your homework before trashing others.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Actually Mario4don you are incorrect. Some mods do NOT require updating and are universal for the entire game. The only reason mods need updating is when the dev changes code or variables. In some games these never change, hence the universal mod. You should do your homework before trashing others.
And you should do yours. A walkthrough mod, needs to be completely updated, not only because of the code, but because of the script code. What these mofos was asking if they can use it universally, for the new content as well, but that is literally impossible, since a new in-game wt has to be created too.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I don't think you know what you are talking about, yes sometimes you can make a universal mod for a game and as long as the dev doesn't change the code it can work with future versions of the game but this can be done with for example a gallery mod or cheats mod but if we are talking about "walkthrough mod" then every new version of the game containing new added content needs to be updated with this mod as well.
And if you ask why then look in the Features in OP at any "walkthrough mod"
( Highlighted dialogue that gives points/leads to scenes greeen ).

So how such a walkthrough mod can be universal?
Do you think that such a mod will automatically write to his script files the new content added in the new version of the game ?
Of course this is not possible, so the modder who created the mod has to download a new version of the game and add to the new content his code which highlights new dialogue with choises.

So next time, think about what you write and do not mislead others, because I have only written what is obvious and I have not misled anyone.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I don't think you know what you are talking about, yes sometimes you can make a universal mod for a game and as long as the dev doesn't change the code it can work with future versions of the game but this can be done with for example a gallery mod or cheats mod but if we are talking about "walkthrough mod" then every new version of the game containing new added content needs to be updated with this mod as well.
And if you ask why then look in the Features in OP at any "walkthrough mod"
( Highlighted dialogue that gives points/leads to scenes greeen ).

So how such a walkthrough mod can be universal?
Do you think that such a mod will automatically write to his script files the new content added in the new version of the game ?
Of course this is not possible, so the modder who created the mod has to download a new version of the game and add to the new content his code which highlights new dialogue with choises.

So next time, think about what you write and do not mislead others, because I have only written what is obvious and I have not misled anyone.
And if by any chance you still don't believe me in what I've written, just ask any modder who makes "walkthrough mod" for any game and all of them will confirm to you for 100% that what I wrote is an obvious fact.

Reactions: UnrealLimits

lhonasm

Aug 27, 2019
Modders are the best of creators overwall not only in this forum, they do it because they love what they do, and 99% of them doing it without asking anythink in return only to help us rest of ppl to enjoy games with somethink extra of they work. So all who crying because mod isnt updated the first day of realese, dont bother them with that nonsense and they will be able do they work better and faster, just appreciate what they doing... KEEP UP GOOD WORK ALL THE MODDERS YOU'R THE BEST!!!!!
GOOD VIBES

MacD

Sep 1, 2017
Some mods do NOT require updating and are universal for the entire game. The only reason mods need updating is when the dev changes code or variables. In some games these never change, hence the universal mod. You should do your homework before trashing others.
A game where the dev never changes code? We call that completed or abandoned. But what do I know, my dog ate my homework.

AbrahamFroman

Jun 8, 2018
A game where the dev never changes code? We call that completed or abandoned. But what do I know, my dog ate my homework.
To me, a "mod" is a modification of the code. In this case, scrappy has modified the main script along with the scripts associated with each episode. In this case, a modification would be necessary for the new episode, at the least.

A good modder would also compare the old work with the new release to determine if any old code needed attention.

Any mod, even "universal" ones, should be tested against a new game release.

On the other hand, any code that does not modify the game, as released, would not be a "mod". I consider that type of change is a "patch", not a "mod".

Code that changes terms are a good example of a "patch". If all your code does is change "roommate" to "cousin" then that "patch", theoreticaly, should never need to be updated.

Life is short. Thanks for playing.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
To me, a "mod" is a modification of the code. In this case, scrappy has modified the main script along with the scripts associated with each episode. In this case, a modification would be necessary for the new episode, at the least.

A good modder would also compare the old work with the new release to determine if any old code needed attention.

Any mod, even "universal" ones, should be tested against a new game release.

On the other hand, any code that does not modify the game, as released, would not be a "mod". I consider that type of change is a "patch", not a "mod".

Code that changes terms are a good example of a "patch". If all your code does is change "roommate" to "cousin" then that "patch", theoreticaly, should never need to be updated.

Life is short. Thanks for playing.

Soo, you're saying there's a chance?

;)

Reactions: AbrahamFroman