73lac7c's character mods

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

junkit

May 26, 2020
this image is so trolly, but the meme is spot on. you guys that are active in this thread have till the end of month to jump ship. this thread is getting killed and all the links and content will be gone with it. this thread will continue in krorus123 new discord server.

junkit

May 26, 2020
I don't want to be the party pooper but Discord is .
it's being moderated and trust me, we are not doing anything that violates terms of service. we're very clear on that aspect of things. the assets that are being shared are similar to the assets being shared on the unofficial illusion server, so i dont think we will have problems as long as we keep the posts free from content that will breach terms of service.

Reactions: dasboosh

fatboyslim89

Jun 2, 2020
it's being moderated and trust me, we are not doing anything that violates terms of service. we're very clear on that aspect of things. the assets that are being shared are similar to the assets being shared on the unofficial illusion server, so i dont think we will have problems as long as we keep the posts free from content that will breach terms of service.
unless among us are moles for the likes of Xyth.

junkit

May 26, 2020
thats a possibility...its why we need to verify members that join. there has to be a process of some kind. its why i want the server to be exclusive to F95 members only. maybe we can get around that later in the next few days. any new accounts that try to join that are random or that dont have a previously known account from F95 shouldnt be allowed in until we can verify they are not bitches...:KEK:

Reactions: Ruyya and dasboosh

junkit

May 26, 2020
as long as the new server is maintained properly, making sure no crazy pirated stuff is posted, then we should be fine. game mods are not considered pirated things, they are assets that one can obtain by creating it themselves or buying them from a maker. As long as we dont post full game links or stuff like that, we should be in good standing with terms of service.

Ghost71214

Jul 20, 2020

But even the biggest unofficial illusion server discord rarely share mods directly , mod made by users like us is fine. But mod made from rip off patreon or others creator is another story

Hope nothing bad happend tho, this is my only place to find mods without going hour and hour of searching

Reactions: dasboosh and junkit

manachue456

Jan 6, 2020
how's everyone? Why argue about that? This is a great place for HS2 players like me, for players like me, the mod is shared here like a treasure, I really don't want it to stop :(

fatboyslim89

Jun 2, 2020
how's everyone? Why argue about that? This is a great place for HS2 players like me, for players like me, the mod is shared here like a treasure, I really don't want it to stop :(
The mods here want it. There’s nothing you can do about it. So just let it go peacefully.

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017
The mods here want it. There’s nothing you can do about it. So just let it go peacefully.
Well mods need to figure out a way on how to allow randoms to make a post here and there too. I think there should be like lets say "Trash Thread" for assets/mods where anyone can post. From there those posted mods can be shared and posted as main threads by the ones allowed.

Cause i bet u the random bob won't go make threads according to rules etc. Just to share something. Where here it can be just posted as a comment. I guess there is more moderation that comes with this, but i couldn't see this any other way working out. Just make a Main HS2 Mods Thread and Main HS1 Mods Thread and let randoms share stuff there.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Well mods need to figure out a way on how to allow randoms to make a post here and there too. I think there should be like lets say "Trash Thread" for assets/mods where anyone can post. From there those posted mods can be shared and posted as main threads by the ones allowed.

Cause i bet u the random bob won't go make threads according to rules etc. Just to share something. Where here it can be just posted as a comment. I guess there is more moderation that comes with this, but i couldn't see this any other way working out. Just make a Main HS2 Mods Thread and Main HS1 Mods Thread and let randoms share stuff there.
You just described the Asset Request area.

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017
You just described the Asset Request area.
Sorry but that thing is a mess. There are only like 7 tagged threads. You guys should make a separate section for ILLUSION games since they are that popular here, like back in the hongfire days. We shouldn't be mixing assets for scenes and programs with mods for a video game. This is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Edit: Not saying this thread is any better its literally a HS1 Thread about one creator that turned into a HS1/HS2 Modding thread that anything goes from anyone. Maybe just seperate the two would be a less of a headache. This thread has turned into a mess in the first place because people had no where else to post. So they started shoving hs2 things too.

msedge_HPdfIxMXp1.png
msedge_RkLF4o2UsK.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sx78

tikihead

Jul 10, 2020
There is literally a pinned thread with instructions in the release area.

And both the release and request areas have the Illusion prefix as well as specific tags for each game.

Threads like this are the only cage you'll find in the forum, it's messy, full of broken links, and people asking over and over for the same assets because they can't find them easily.
I think there are two issues with the solution you guys provide.

1. HS/HS2 mods are typically not collected and organized in the same way as they are specified in your asset threads. The average user does not think about the mods as assets in the same way as they are organized in that section.
2. The requirements to post in the asset section are fairly onerous, which requires a lot of legwork on the part of the thread poster to comply, with relatively small payoff given that individual mods have to be organized appropriately and posted. HS2 alone has thousands of mods - it considerably increases poster micromanagement to the point where it is a huge deterrent to contribution.

I also totally hear and agree that this thread is disorganized and content is difficult to find. I think it depends if you want f95 to be the destination of choice for this content. If so, reducing accessibility and micromanagement issues would help in achieving that goal. If adherence to your structure is a higher priority due to quality standards, the cost of that is a reduction in contributing members and the associated available content, if what's been posted in this thread can be taken at face value.

My practical suggestion would be to let volunteer modpack organizers (like STN and krorus123) post and maintain their collections in the asset section (if so desired), and then other individual mods not found in those packs can be posted separately (as long as contributors can post there). Redundancy is a risk as packs get updated, but there are already some redundancy issues in other organized content, and it's probably not a huge deal.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes