VN Ren'Py 7th Heaven [v0.3 Demo] [Phazyn]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Not holding my breath, sorry Phazyn, just jaded from the other 999sh artist like you who attempted to make a video game. Not that you will be like them and (one of the following). Use this as a attempt to get more site traffic to your art commissions and only make an update on your game 2-3 times per year if were lucky. Only doing this as a commission to a few select people and any input by anyone else is irrelevant yet expect us to buy this at some point. Clearly never done this before, nor make an effort to get a clue on how to do it well, and forgot to tell us to strap in for the clear shitfested trainwreck were in for. Lastly only release demos till a finished product, but all the while using us as playtester then expect us to pay an drastically over inflated price for the finished product.

That said I'm aware your from the older school of internet artist, so no worries there is at least a 70% chance your not an ass hat like 99% of generation instant gratification that over exadurate there importance in our world.(don't hate me, hate the truth)

Reactions: Phazyn

Phazyn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2019
It's back! Always knew it would be some day.
It’s ALIVE!!
great to see this come back in some form. Excited to see it completed
Thank you for waiting. Sorry it took so long. I'm definitely the bottleneck when it comes to this game's development. So I appreciate the patience.

Not holding my breath, sorry Phazyn, just jaded from the other 999sh artist like you who attempted to make a video game. Not that you will be like them and (one of the following). Use this as a attempt to get more site traffic to your art commissions and only make an update on your game 2-3 times per year if were lucky. Only doing this as a commission to a few select people and any input by anyone else is irrelevant yet expect us to buy this at some point. Clearly never done this before, nor make an effort to get a clue on how to do it well, and forgot to tell us to strap in for the clear shitfested trainwreck were in for. Lastly only release demos till a finished product, but all the while using us as playtester then expect us to pay an drastically over inflated price for the finished product.

That said I'm aware your from the older school of internet artist, so no worries there is at least a 70% chance your not an ass hat like 99% of generation instant gratification that over exadurate there importance in our world.(don't hate me, hate the truth)
Fair points. I feel your frustration. Like I said above I am the bottleneck for this game's development. It's currently me handling all the writing and coding and most of the art, along with a BG artist and another artist that is helping out with some of the sex scenes.

To address some of your concerns. This is just a fun story I wanted to make into a VN and share.

"Use this as a attempt to get more site traffic to your art commissions"

I've actually started taking commissions to help pay other artists. A lot of my own money has gone into this and that's fine. This is for me in the long run.

"Clearly never done this before, nor make an effort to get a clue on how to do it well, and forgot to tell us to strap in for the clear shitfested trainwreck were in for."

This is a learning experience and a personal challenge for me that I just happen to want to share with you all. I don't think I've hidden that, but you specifically may not have kept up with my posts about it so I can't expect you to know that. But yes, this is my first game and it could all very well go down in flames. I am though really invested in making a game I want to play and learn about making games. I don't claim to be an expert. I am an Animator by trade. This is just a fun side project.

"Lastly only release demos till a finished product, but all the while using us as playtester then expect us to pay an drastically over inflated price for the finished product."

This game is a labor of love. It's always going to be free. I don't plan on charging anyone for it. I accept donations on itch to help offset my costs of hiring a few artists. If you're paying for this demo or the full version you're being ripped off by someone else. I have no plans on making this game into a money making venture. It's just something I've wanted to do personally.

This Demo will probably be the last update until the full release. I actually stopped production on the full game to compile this Demo properly. After I do some bug fixes I'll be getting back to the full game.

I thank you for your candor and for taking the time to check out my game.

Phazyn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2019
So when Tifa learns stripping is the demo over? I can only earn money and train her a bit, but can't do anything else. When I talk to Barret he asks me if I made some money for them yet, but nothing happens when I do
Same here. Looks like that's the end of content so far.
At first I thought that too. However, if you use the option to get Tifa to dance in the bar, a dialog box will eventually appear informing you that there is a commotion outside the bar. So if leave the bar at this moment, the game events will continue.

I have fixed this bug. Having Tifa strip a few times should Trigger the next step! Thank you for your patience.

New version is available here and I also compiled a Mac Version.

Reactions: Kakuroi

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Well, if it's always going to be 100% free, no complaints then. If you want profit, expect candor, criticism, and expectations. If your doing it for free then, big smile, take no shit.

Seriously that's cool.

Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
I'll throw my poker chip on the table here. (a sub of course, $3 is reasonable) I like your art style friend and while it does seem you've had some stumbling along the way, you don't strike me as "The Next Eromancer"...not yet at least. :Kappa: Haven't tried your game yet and may wait until it gets more content (maybe not), but consider this some positive traffic for your work on a pirate site. :cool:

Thanks for trying to create, I live only now to consume. :ROFLMAO:

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
yea this shit is missing the NTR tag and the sharing tag. your MC sits there like a tool while she brags about the other dudes cock while you jerk off until you join in.. not sure if it can get more NTR than that

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
yea this shit is missing the NTR tag and the sharing tag. your MC sits there like a tool while she brags about the other dudes cock while you jerk off until you join in.. not sure if it can get more NTR than that
You talking about Biggs and Jaclyn? That's NOT NTR. That's a 3-way Johnny was lucky to be there for, she wanted Biggs for a while. It's all in the text prior to the sex.

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
You talking about Biggs and Jaclyn? That's NOT NTR. That's a 3-way Johnny was lucky to be there for, she wanted Biggs for a while. It's all in the text prior to the sex.
yes i read that. its clearly NTR. jerking off to some other dude saying how hot he is definitely NTR if not also gay. "lucky" to have sex with her? yea man, he should feel lucky that he has to share her while all the females fawn over Biggs. Cant recall any game where the females prefer some other male character over the MC and it not being NTR. any models having sex with anyone other than the MC is NTR, doesnt mean its all bad or anything because it can be for story development. but to suggest the MC jerking off to some other dude having sex in person is not NTR is wild.

Reactions: obibobi and Phazyn

Phazyn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2019
Is there a Tifa and Barrett scenes?
Not in this Demo. But there are scenes with Tifa and Barret in the final version.

Well, if it's always going to be 100% free, no complaints then. If you want profit, expect candor, criticism, and expectations. If your doing it for free then, big smile, take no shit.

Seriously that's cool.
I expect candor, criticism and expectations regardless of the price point. It's the nature of creating something and putting it out there. I come from a highly critical art field, so I'm used to filtering out criticisms for the useful ones. I read it all and apply what I want to the vision I have.

I'll throw my poker chip on the table here. (a sub of course, $3 is reasonable) I like your art style friend and while it does seem you've had some stumbling along the way, you don't strike me as "The Next Eromancer"...not yet at least. :Kappa: Haven't tried your game yet and may wait until it gets more content (maybe not), but consider this some positive traffic for your work on a pirate site. :cool:

Thanks for trying to create, I live only now to consume. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for your support. I've definitely taken longer than expected to get to where I am. But I'm still passionate about this project even after all these years and I like what I'm doing as well. Thank you for your kind words.

yes i read that. its clearly NTR. jerking off to some other dude saying how hot he is definitely NTR if not also gay. "lucky" to have sex with her? yea man, he should feel lucky that he has to share her while all the females fawn over Biggs. Cant recall any game where the females prefer some other male character over the MC and it not being NTR. any models having sex with anyone other than the MC is NTR, doesnt mean its all bad or anything because it can be for story development. but to suggest the MC jerking off to some other dude having sex in person is not NTR is wild.
I write what feels hot and natural in the moment for me. If it's a certain kink, cool. I'm not really putting labels onto it but I can't and won't stop you. I'm just happy you checked out my game.

Runar Orested

Jul 15, 2017
Hello, Phazyn

Just a few comments. Assume a "Excuse bad english disclaimer" here:

1. Love the game. Love the art. Not going to complaing about the drawing style: as long it is clean and consistent so you can recognice the characters, it is enough. Ignore the haters.
  2. Again, the game is a erotic comedy, so I appreciate that the game, the world, the characters, and the dialogs are all in concordance with it. It is not only funny, it is consistently funny, so it does not get you out of the story. Please keep going like that. For me, this is your best asset, even better than the art.
  3. I don't know what is your idea about the game: either a very basic grinding game to unlock and space the story segments, but it being all linear, or having many branches with side-missions to unlock.
    The second it is harder to program, but it does allow the game to expand beyond the basic linear story, and taking into account that the game seems to consist of fetching resources until you can recruit Cloud and this game ends so FF7 starts... well, easier to expand horizontally that trying to include all FF7 inside it.
    If this is your plan, please add two things: a mission log, and a status screen for the party, parodying the game, but with info about the girls, because i'm pretty sure it is just a matter of time until Aerith and Jessie (and maybe Biggls for the female public) become dancers or waiters too.
    Also, is this post or during Crisis Core? Will Zack Soldier 2nd/1st class (near end of CC) appear?
  4. There are a few bugs in the management game:
    • Even if you train stripping, in the two daily turns, in the first turns, the amount of money earned is reported correctly (200, 220, 240, 260... gil), but in the second turn it always says 200gil earned, even if the correct amount is added to the total.
    • Elmyra says that it costs 2000gil per class, but only deducts 1000gil. That's good. Please reduce her fee in the dialog to the real one. Also, classes do not show a stamina cost (60?) until you go back to the bar and pass time, and discover that the stamina it is on the negatives.
    • Some actions succeed even if your stamina it is not enough and gets in the negatives. Ex: Elmyra classes, sometimes stripping.
  5. A few ideas about the management game (I assume that sooner or later you will add other girls (and boy) to the rooster):
    • Since there is no training cap you can grind up money until it is wortless game-wise since there are no side-missions, and paying Don Corneo it is not implemented yet. My idea is: implement a small increment per class as it is, and every ten classes there is a level up in dancing, stripping, (¿whoring?) for each girl. This level up would be the reflected in the game, both in earnings and in the dancing/stripping animation.

For example:
Dancing Level
Stamina cost
EarningsAnimationLevel up requeriments
1​
-30​
50 + 10*nClss
max 150
arms up, swaying hipsnone
2​
-25​
200+ 15*nClss
max 350
arms up, swaying hips
turn back, arms in jars
moving her butt
turn back, arms up
a piercing
3​
-20​
400 + 25*nClss
max 650
arms up, swaying hips
turn back, arms in jars
moving her butt
crouching
twerking
standing up
turn back, arms up
a BDSM collar with chain
4​
-20​
750 + 35*nClss
max 1150
arms up, swaying hips
turn back, arms in jars
moving her butt
crouching
twerking
standing up
spanking her butt with the chain
turn back, arms up
none, final?
I choose a bdsm black leather collar with a chaing hanging between her breast down to crotch height because it is a easy variant to draw, you can't see it when she is showing her back so you can save on drawing some animations, and Tifa interaction with Elmyra (and her whole aceptance of the situation) makes her seem masochistic and exibitionistic.​
The animations are underlined, indicating loops, or italiced, indicating transitions. Again, save on animating art since it cost quite a bit, time-wise.​
I proposed ten classes because it would space it long enough that you would not be overwelmed with needing art for it. If you want to soft-lock the level ups for updates, just use non-visible requeriments. For example: Elmyra can't continue classes because she needs something fetched/done (though that may be a problem when there are more than one girl to be trained), or the girl hersellf need something done.​
Other example: after the tenth lesson, the next time you want to train Tifa, Elmyra refuses and explains that she needs to "raise her confidence" or something. Talking with Tifa reveals that she would like to have a piercing, but she it is too shy to do it alone or is affaid of needles, or whatever. So you must buy her a piercing that she would like and find a nurse/doctor/tatoo artist/? to apply it. As long as the piercing it is underclothes (nipple ring/bar instead of navel ring), since it does not show in the dancing animation it is cost-free. It would need to appear as a variant on the strip pictures/animation, though.​
  • While it is not well explained, I assume that the working assignament of Tifa basically means:
    • Do nothing (she waits tables, stamina cost 0, earnings 0)
    • Tifa dances (you waits tables, stamina cost 30, earnings 50gil)
    • Tifa strips (you waits tables, stamina cost 40, earnings 200gil)
I assume that sooner or later you will add other girls (and boy) to the rooster, and you will assign up to two (mainly because there are only two tables on 7th Heaven), plus another to wait tables instead of you (behind the bar, where Tifa appears when you choose nothing).​
  1. Please, add a rest option for the girls (+20 stamina), independently of the overnight rest (+60 stamina).
  2. Add some earnings then the girls (or boys) just wait tables, depending of a (hidden) popularity parameter. Said popularity parameter may show as the "there is a conmotion outside", but instead as "there is a small queue to get inside", dialogs.
  3. If there is not enough people assigned to run 7th heaven that turn, it closes and earns nothing, or even loses some money.
  4. Make sure that the people required to do a mission being free it IS a requeriment. Example: When you go with Jessie to buy a dress to the seamstress, neither she or you can't work in the bar, so either Tifa rests (closing, no earnings), Tifa waits tables (minimal earnings), or Tifa dances and Biggs waits tables (small earnings), but if Biggs was doing some other mission (fetching weapons from the dealer) requiring several turns, said action would slows it down.
I hope these ideas become useful to you. If not, maybe for someone else. Last time I made a review/suggerence list to someone, Nergalnest ignored it for A Zombie's Life, since the project was quite advanced then, but Siren's domain took quite a few gameplay ideas for it's remake, Zombie's Retreat. So I hope that they can be implemented now that the project is just starting. Trying to 'fix' a design mistake later it is a ton of work.

Have a good day.

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Other than a key point of NTR is the love interest\partner is "stolen." That is not what happens. She was into Biggs the whole time, as is Jessie. And Jaclyn included Johnny, so it's not even cucking(especially with her complimenting Johnny in spite of how much bigger Biggs is). Finally, Johnny isn't even into Jaclyn until she demands the two have sex with her. This is simply a 3-way where Johnny has the experience, but the girl is more interested in the virgin other male. Bring the +1 to a 3-way is not NTR.

Now, if in the future Johnny and Tifa get legit close, and then a Barret scene takes her away? That would be NTR.

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Not in this Demo. But there are scenes with Tifa and Barret in the final version.

I expect candor, criticism and expectations regardless of the price point. It's the nature of creating something and putting it out there. I come from a highly critical art field, so I'm used to filtering out criticisms for the useful ones. I read it all and apply what I want to the vision I have.

Thank you for your support. I've definitely taken longer than expected to get to where I am. But I'm still passionate about this project even after all these years and I like what I'm doing as well. Thank you for your kind words.

I write what feels hot and natural in the moment for me. If it's a certain kink, cool. I'm not really putting labels onto it but I can't and won't stop you. I'm just happy you checked out my game.
I do have a basic question, do you think you'll put in a gallery at some point?

Phazyn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2019
Hello, Phazyn

Just a few comments. Assume a "Excuse bad english disclaimer" here:

1. Love the game. Love the art. Not going to complaing about the drawing style: as long it is clean and consistent so you can recognice the characters, it is enough. Ignore the haters.
  2. Again, the game is a erotic comedy, so I appreciate that the game, the world, the characters, and the dialogs are all in concordance with it. It is not only funny, it is consistently funny, so it does not get you out of the story. Please keep going like that. For me, this is your best asset, even better than the art.
  3. I don't know what is your idea about the game: either a very basic grinding game to unlock and space the story segments, but it being all linear, or having many branches with side-missions to unlock.
    The second it is harder to program, but it does allow the game to expand beyond the basic linear story, and taking into account that the game seems to consist of fetching resources until you can recruit Cloud and this game ends so FF7 starts... well, easier to expand horizontally that trying to include all FF7 inside it.
    If this is your plan, please add two things: a mission log, and a status screen for the party, parodying the game, but with info about the girls, because i'm pretty sure it is just a matter of time until Aerith and Jessie (and maybe Biggls for the female public) become dancers or waiters too.
    Also, is this post or during Crisis Core? Will Zack Soldier 2nd/1st class (near end of CC) appear?
  4. There are a few bugs in the management game:
    • Even if you train stripping, in the two daily turns, in the first turns, the amount of money earned is reported correctly (200, 220, 240, 260... gil), but in the second turn it always says 200gil earned, even if the correct amount is added to the total.
    • Elmyra says that it costs 2000gil per class, but only deducts 1000gil. That's good. Please reduce her fee in the dialog to the real one. Also, classes do not show a stamina cost (60?) until you go back to the bar and pass time, and discover that the stamina it is on the negatives.
    • Some actions succeed even if your stamina it is not enough and gets in the negatives. Ex: Elmyra classes, sometimes stripping.
  5. A few ideas about the management game (I assume that sooner or later you will add other girls (and boy) to the rooster):
    • Since there is no training cap you can grind up money until it is wortless game-wise since there are no side-missions, and paying Don Corneo it is not implemented yet. My idea is: implement a small increment per class as it is, and every ten classes there is a level up in dancing, stripping, (¿whoring?) for each girl. This level up would be the reflected in the game, both in earnings and in the dancing/stripping animation.

For example:
Dancing Level
Stamina cost
EarningsAnimationLevel up requeriments
1​
-30​
50 + 10*nClss
max 150
arms up, swaying hipsnone
2​
-25​
200+ 15*nClss
max 350
arms up, swaying hips
turn back, arms in jars
moving her butt
turn back, arms up
a piercing
3​
-20​
400 + 25*nClss
max 650
arms up, swaying hips
turn back, arms in jars
moving her butt
crouching
twerking
standing up
turn back, arms up
a BDSM collar with chain
4​
-20​
750 + 35*nClss
max 1150
arms up, swaying hips
turn back, arms in jars
moving her butt
crouching
twerking
standing up
spanking her butt with the chain
turn back, arms up
none, final?
I choose a bdsm black leather collar with a chaing hanging between her breast down to crotch height because it is a easy variant to draw, you can't see it when she is showing her back so you can save on drawing some animations, and Tifa interaction with Elmyra (and her whole aceptance of the situation) makes her seem masochistic and exibitionistic.​
The animations are underlined, indicating loops, or italiced, indicating transitions. Again, save on animating art since it cost quite a bit, time-wise.​
I proposed ten classes because it would space it long enough that you would not be overwelmed with needing art for it. If you want to soft-lock the level ups for updates, just use non-visible requeriments. For example: Elmyra can't continue classes because she needs something fetched/done (though that may be a problem when there are more than one girl to be trained), or the girl hersellf need something done.​
Other example: after the tenth lesson, the next time you want to train Tifa, Elmyra refuses and explains that she needs to "raise her confidence" or something. Talking with Tifa reveals that she would like to have a piercing, but she it is too shy to do it alone or is affaid of needles, or whatever. So you must buy her a piercing that she would like and find a nurse/doctor/tatoo artist/? to apply it. As long as the piercing it is underclothes (nipple ring/bar instead of navel ring), since it does not show in the dancing animation it is cost-free. It would need to appear as a variant on the strip pictures/animation, though.​
  • While it is not well explained, I assume that the working assignament of Tifa basically means:
    • Do nothing (she waits tables, stamina cost 0, earnings 0)
    • Tifa dances (you waits tables, stamina cost 30, earnings 50gil)
    • Tifa strips (you waits tables, stamina cost 40, earnings 200gil)
I assume that sooner or later you will add other girls (and boy) to the rooster, and you will assign up to two (mainly because there are only two tables on 7th Heaven), plus another to wait tables instead of you (behind the bar, where Tifa appears when you choose nothing).​
  1. Please, add a rest option for the girls (+20 stamina), independently of the overnight rest (+60 stamina).
  2. Add some earnings then the girls (or boys) just wait tables, depending of a (hidden) popularity parameter. Said popularity parameter may show as the "there is a conmotion outside", but instead as "there is a small queue to get inside", dialogs.
  3. If there is not enough people assigned to run 7th heaven that turn, it closes and earns nothing, or even loses some money.
  4. Make sure that the people required to do a mission being free it IS a requeriment. Example: When you go with Jessie to buy a dress to the seamstress, neither she or you can't work in the bar, so either Tifa rests (closing, no earnings), Tifa waits tables (minimal earnings), or Tifa dances and Biggs waits tables (small earnings), but if Biggs was doing some other mission (fetching weapons from the dealer) requiring several turns, said action would slows it down.
I hope these ideas become useful to you. If not, maybe for someone else. Last time I made a review/suggerence list to someone, Nergalnest ignored it for A Zombie's Life, since the project was quite advanced then, but Siren's domain took quite a few gameplay ideas for it's remake, Zombie's Retreat. So I hope that they can be implemented now that the project is just starting. Trying to 'fix' a design mistake later it is a ton of work.

Have a good day.
Wow! Thank you so very much for taking the time to not only play the game but to write all this great advice in a way that doesn't come off as patronizing. I very much appreciate it.

To get to some of your main points.

1.Thanks!

2. THANKS! I'm really glad that the humor seems to be a stand out point for a lot of people that play the game. I spend a lot of time writing jokes. So I'm really glad it's working. It's really hard to write humor somedays.

3. The Idea for this game is a lot more basic than what you're suggesting BUT I do value this insight and these suggestions. The Managment side is a very LITE component to the game but definitely needs to be fleshed out more. And your suggestions are some I've already considered but there are others I hadn't. So once again, THANK YOU!

4. Thank you for reporting these bugs! I'll get to them this week and update the Itch page with new builds. Appreciate the eye for detail.

5. Thank you for all these suggestions. I will definitely be taking some of these into consideration. I don't want to get to complicated and there's definitely my own spin on these I can take. But these are all great constructive suggestions.

Thank you again.

how to know if the demo end?
Be sure you are playing the newest version from Itch. If not you can just make Tifa dance a few times and it will progress the story. The Demo has a few final words saying that this is the end of the current content and then it goes back to the Title screen.

I do have a basic question, do you think you'll put in a gallery at some point?
That is something I am implementing into the final build. A Gallery and a Scene replayer.

Thank you all for playing my game!

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Wow! Thank you so very much for taking the time to not only play the game but to write all this great advice in a way that doesn't come off as patronizing. I very much appreciate it.

To get to some of your main points.

1.Thanks!

2. THANKS! I'm really glad that the humor seems to be a stand out point for a lot of people that play the game. I spend a lot of time writing jokes. So I'm really glad it's working. It's really hard to write humor somedays.

3. The Idea for this game is a lot more basic than what you're suggesting BUT I do value this insight and these suggestions. The Managment side is a very LITE component to the game but definitely needs to be fleshed out more. And your suggestions are some I've already considered but there are others I hadn't. So once again, THANK YOU!

4. Thank you for reporting these bugs! I'll get to them this week and update the Itch page with new builds. Appreciate the eye for detail.

5. Thank you for all these suggestions. I will definitely be taking some of these into consideration. I don't want to get to complicated and there's definitely my own spin on these I can take. But these are all great constructive suggestions.

Thank you again.

Be sure you are playing the newest version from Itch. If not you can just make Tifa dance a few times and it will progress the story. The Demo has a few final words saying that this is the end of the current content and then it goes back to the Title screen.

That is something I am implementing into the final build. A Gallery and a Scene replayer.

Thank you all for playing my game!
I'm glad to hear, because I enjoyed the Tifa playing with herself scene, and wouldn't mind a way to rewatch it on the regular. I've enjoyed this since your first demo release, and you needing your break was disheartening, but I'm glad to see it back and growing! And thank you for both keeping the game in development as well as coming here to let us know what's going on when you were on down-time. I'm looking forward to the rest of the development as you go!

A second question, do you feel you may make the scenes animated beyond Tifa's dancing as well? Or what we have is what we'll get? I'm cool either way, I just am curious on your vision.

name

Mar 8, 2017

will Cloud have scenes with Tifa when he shows up?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes