4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Specter882

Oct 18, 2018
I missed the 3rd from last secret and it's really bugging me, I really hope they will be able to be unlocked even if you miss them

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
I really hope they will be able to be unlocked even if you miss them
Check the dev notes. They will be, though not anytime soon. That secret in particular is nothing adult themed if it puts you more at ease. It's just the very first render I ever made in KK (like an easter egg).

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
I played the new update two weeks ago, after seeing it I don't really know what exactly is my reaction to this... especially, going by the story events. Only now does it come out of my mind on what I want to say regarding this update.

This one in particular,

I will say that in Chapter 2 is the first time the MC gets a voice.
My reaction to this is "not enough", even with that H scene at the end with Luxe, it feels like nothing has changed. I can't tell who is supposed to be confused here, the MC or Luxe? The first time the MC gets a voice, its only in regards to Serenity? The new character needs that kind of attention yes, but the MC still gets sidelined, it feels like it. What's more, the situation with Big Sis is reminiscent on why I quit Lessons in Love in the first place. I don't know man, I can't explain it... the lesbian "romantic" relationship going in there involves endless suffering for one such nice character I can't even remember the name anymore. Now I'm seeing the same thing with Big Sis, and how would that be resolved? By involving the ominous guy from the MC's past? By doing some other dumb stuff? That talk at the end with Big Sis on her hideout still spells out that nothing progressed and more suffering is ahead of the MC, Luxe, Big Sis triangle. Will it be prolonged or easily end in a high note? We're seems to be nearing the latter conclusion with Sparks and Shadow. I dunno... I don't have enough vocabulary to voice out what exactly I see similar to LiL with this game and why it makes me angry.

At least, Sparks and Shadow are cute. I managed to see that and it felt nice. Other's may fill in what you people think I felt here. I just don't know how to explain it. Overall feeling for this update? Unsatisfying, I guess?

Last edited:

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
Yea, your wording is a bit confusing, but I'm guessing their story branch just won't appeal to you at all. Especially since you mentioned Lessons In Love and I, personally, really enjoy all the stories going on in that game.

You're right, MC does get a voice in regards to Serenity. That was the point and it's the start of...something. The main thing I'm noticing is that you refer to the MC being the center of the story and that everything should revolve around him. That was never my intention (it's why he has his own menu in the profiles). He has his own plot, like each of the girls and they all mix and intertwine together. I didn't want to do the "you become the center of the world for every character you meet" line. It's a group, a group that you're part of.

If you're waiting for the resolution of the Luxe and Big Sis plot, that's not what this game revolves around. It's one part of it that I go back to on occasion. Each girl is meant to cater to a different taste and that one is definitely not yours. I really appreciate you not bashing the game with a negative review just because of the unappealing subplot though :)

Shadow and Sparks are definite favorites!

I will only add that if you're trying to guess where any of the plot leads, especially if you're mentioning the masked man, there's very little chance you'll guess the full extent of it. Since I'm planning on two very different resolutions if I can get that far.

However, if you're generally unhappy with where it's going now, you might not even like that and it's fine. Thanks for giving the game a chance either way! :D

P. S. In an ideal world with unlimited resources, I would've made this game playable from each girl's perspective as well. Sadly, that's impossible for just one person doing this as a hobby :(

Last edited:
Reactions: seronis

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Yea, your wording is a bit confusing, but I'm guessing their story branch just won't appeal to you at all. Especially since you mentioned Lessons In Love and I, personally, really enjoy all the stories going on in that game.

You're right, MC does get a voice in regards to Serenity. That was the point and it's the start of...something. The main thing I'm noticing is that you refer to the MC being the center of the story and that everything should revolve around him. That was never my intention (it's why he has his own menu in the profiles). He has his own plot, like each of the girls and they all mix and intertwine together. I didn't want to do the "you become the center of the world for every character you meet" line. It's a group, a group that you're part of.

If you're waiting for the resolution of the Luxe and Big Sis plot, that's not what this game revolves around. It's one part of it that I go back to on occasion. Each girl is meant to cater to a different taste and that one is definitely not yours. I really appreciate you not bashing the game with a negative review just because of the unappealing subplot though :)

Shadow and Sparks are definite favorites!

I will only add that if you're trying to guess where any of the plot leads, especially if you're mentioning the masked man, there's very little chance you'll guess the full extent of it. Since I'm planning on two very different resolutions if I can get that far.

However, if you're generally unhappy with where it's going now, you might not even like that and it's fine. Thanks for giving the game a chance either way! :D

P. S. In an ideal world with unlimited resources, I would've made this game playable from each girl's perspective as well. Sadly, that's impossible for just one person doing this as a hobby :(
To be honest, even if I feel irked on the situation with Big Sis and Luxe. One reason that really makes me curious is what you will do with the scary guy. Yeah, its like when I got curious to Serenity. The scary guy makes me interested in this game enough, even if there are things I dislike.

Regarding the MC though... no, I don't exactly mean to say that he should be the center of it all. But based on the scenes we have from this update, it feels like he's still being shoved around. It's like, this confusing situation just keeps on giving reasons on why the MC should just leave mansion already. But somehow he still stays, especially for his deep talk with Shadow from the previous update. Like some of the girls keeps on saying they want him to stay, but their actions tell otherwise. Sorry, my thoughts are confusing on what and how should I explain this.

Lastly, when I write comments, there really isn't any kind of criticism or whatever, just offering my own perspective even with how confusing I am with sharing my thoughts. This is just me blurting out my feelings just so I could already get them out of my system and forget about it for a long time. Until the next update, yes, LMAO! Anyway thanks for the update, good luck to you and for the game.

Last edited:

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
It's like, this confusing situation just keeps on giving reasons on why the MC should just leave mansion already. But somehow he still stays, especially for his deep talk with Shadow from the previous update.
It's hard to grasp without understanding how being isolated for years or afraid of getting close to anyone can feel. The main detail that keeps coming up is for how long the MC felt alone in the world. Not saying it was a rational choice on his part but... If I keep explaining this line of thought I might be revealing a bit too much, since I am planning on exploring the topic at some future turning point in the story.

The main thing is, being alone for so long can definitely shift perceptions. Everyone at the mansion is broken in some way, him included. All the inner drama revolves around that.

Reactions: BanditoMarito

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of A Better Place Ch2 [Compressed]

Download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Thy4nd

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
Loli = YAY! no incest = BOO! It's some weird cartoon instead of Daz too :(
incest and NTR are always better to have than not to have. it opens up a lot more options for story and ofc more sex positions. however I can respect people opinion to want to avoid sharing content. basically Loli and incest is more valued atm because we got less games with this content, just makes sense for people to want what they have less of.

The_Lost_One

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
just makes sense for people to want what they have less of.
Entirely agree with this whole sentiment. The loli content here is also not as much genuine loli as leaning towards it with one girl's build. The problem is the controversy surrounding those topics. Loli and incest gets you banned on Patreon, NTR draws a lot of hate from a good portion of the audience.

I'll be honest in saying that I'm not a fan of incest and not really keen on writing NTR content (especially since it takes away from the values expressed in the story). I did, however, put in quite a few group encounters that skew traditional moral boundaries that the characters even try to rationalize.

In short - This isn't a game focused around any sort of fetish. It's about the characters and their stories.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
There is NO NTR in the game. There will be a lot of girl on girl interaction, which you’ll always be part of in some capacity. The intent is for you and the girls to have a grand, free for all, harem relationship.
Don't get scared if you see a relationship forming between two girls. It just means you'll get to play with both of them together sooner or later. This is a harem game
Dont want to sound like an asshole,but,what you describe there is not a harem but rather a polyamorous relationship,where everyone fucks everyone.

If you don't like the idea of them getting close though, then yea, steer clear
I guess, according to this answer all possible LI are bisexual then?

Thanks.

Reactions: DraxisSilencer1000

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
You should let the MC handle things more, because of secrets the MC from most important figures on the mansion, all of them are being held. Let the MC handle things often.

Nov 26, 2021
hey The_Lost_One did I read correctly that depending on choice you can see flashbacks of a li past which include them with other guys, one of the comments says a li is raped in a flashback image I think for example, just want to make sure I haven't read it wrong

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes