Ren'Py Abandoned A Better Tomorrow [v0.40 Part 2] [Gecko]

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes

Abîme

Sep 27, 2018
I know that its in the alpha stage but what can i say? I like it so i have to try it especially because the story is pretty crazy so far but i remember that you've wrote that the story will explain everything. ;)
I kinda like the game, but didn't found the story that crazy, more pretty funny:D

The only problem that i always have with games that i like is that the updates are most of the time to short for my taste. :LOL:
I agree, that's never enough.(y)

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I kinda like the game, but didn't found the story that crazy, more pretty funny:D
Well if you think back where the mother and sister are trying to get your attention and how they basically throw themselfs at you without having progressed through ages of grinding, its pretty crazy. :D I mean of course the story is also funny, i thought i wouldn't have to mention that extra.

I agree, that's never enough.(y)
Amen! (y)

Abîme

Sep 27, 2018
Well if you think back where the mother and sister are trying to get your attention and how they basically throw themselfs at you without having progressed through ages of grinding, its pretty crazy. :D I mean of course the story is also funny, i thought i wouldn't have to mention that extra.
I can get that, at least that's a good change, it's refreshing:)

Gecko_

"Project x"
Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I see some good talk here and there. I want to share something I've been talking for almost a week now... also a reminder that dev knows what he wants to achieve (yeah this is a reply to that 3star review)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
or I can just make add some simple grind points and off we go!

Reactions: Toranion

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
I'm still stuck in the damn club, the boss is done talking to me, I'm repeating Goldie and chole, I'm at $2000 bottle and it says ask the girls. Next line is Bill " one from the boss! Two bottles? Then an exception ( line 125 in script MC drink more than I do.
So I'm not sure if that's what is keeping me from advancing, any ideas?

vergil414

Nov 11, 2018
I see some good talk here and there. I want to share something I've been talking for almost a week now... also a reminder that dev knows what he wants to achieve (yeah this is a reply to that 3star review)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
or I can just make add some simple grind points and off we go!
i like Jenny with uniform and stockings,will Jenny have black pantyhose without underwear in the update?
Could you tell me if Jenny has some secrets in her work?Just yes or no would be enough,thank you

User00015

May 16, 2017
Your game is really funny and self-aware. I really like how you manage the story gameplay-wise. It doesn't feel like i'm reading 2000-word essay, and it keeps attention really well. It's also really sexy. It was kind of refreshing to play this. Can't wait to see what's to come!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Now, before I try this, when I see the word "comedy" in the description is it actually funny or is it one of those where someone thinks their stuff is amusing when in reality jilling off with coarse sandpaper would be far more hilarious?

I have to ask because there are so many games where the dev claims to have "comedy" in their game while having absolutely no wit or comedic timing. It makes things painful to read.

I need something funny to read while waiting for more banter in Where the Heart is.

PaperWings

Dec 23, 2018
Now, before I try this, when I see the word "comedy" in the description is it actually funny or is it one of those where someone thinks their stuff is amusing when in reality jilling off with coarse sandpaper would be far more hilarious?

I have to ask because there are so many games where the dev claims to have "comedy" in their game while having absolutely no wit or comedic timing. It makes things painful to read.

I need something funny to read while waiting for more banter in Where the Heart is.
I doubt many could top "where the heart is" and this one doesnt(at least for me), then again no game has so far.... And the comedy is... not that great(again for me). But i do have to say that the game is not that bad, ill come back in the future to see if things got better.

Gecko_

"Project x"
Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
@vergil414 I don't see any reason why not. Jenny is full of secrets and what happened at work should be the last thing worrying you. Hint, popping her button all of a sudden was a bit strange, huh?

@User00015 I'll do my best to make it even better.

@Avaron1974 @PaperWings As a huge fan of Where The Heart Is it's impossible to compare these two games, for one is the approach and the way of storytelling. With that comes the way "comedy" is presented. We are discussing flavors now, with that it is your own personal taste what you find funny in a game. One thing tho. If I can get you off guard and make you smirk, even with the small amount of conversation between the characters, I accomplished my mission.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
@Avaron1974 @PaperWings As a huge fan of Where The Heart Is it's impossible to compare these two games, for one is the approach and the way of storytelling. With that comes the way "comedy" is presented. We are discussing flavors now, with that it is your own personal taste what you find funny in a game. One thing tho. If I can get you off guard and make you smirk, even with the small amount of conversation between the characters, I accomplished my mission.
I'll give it a look, i'm going to put my comedic faith in you.

I never used to have to ask but i've played a few games recently that tried to be funny but we so painful to read. It's like the only comedy they were ever introduced to was Beavis and Butthead and they only watched 1 episode, for 2 minutes.

Banter is one of my favourite things, it gets me through the day and 1 game had banter between 2 characters that was so bad I had to stop reading. It essentially boiled down to 2 adults yelling "no u" at each other yet was presented as if it was the most amusing thing we'd ever read.

I don't mean to compare to Where the Heart is but that's the kind of thing I mean when it comes to banter, the MC and Katie ares spot on there. If I can find something that amuses me like that i'd be a happy bunny. Heavy Five is another one with decent banter.

Reactions: Nottravis

vergil414

Nov 11, 2018
@vergil414 I don't see any reason why not. Jenny is full of secrets and what happened at work should be the last thing worrying you. Hint, popping her button all of a sudden was a bit strange, huh?

@User00015 I'll do my best to make it even better.

Jenny with stockings or pantyhose is so sexy and fascinating
Keep that in future update plz,thankyou

Reactions: Gecko_

Gecko_

"Project x"
Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
@Avaron1974 I value the time you took to play the game so in the end, you can shit on it. I said it before and I will say it again, it's only your personal taste what will you find entertaining in a game (altho for ABT you've seen the worst of it). I can stomach the insult of review you posted for the game, but please, saying my setup is a toaster, too much man... too much.

vergil414

Nov 11, 2018
I'll give it a look, i'm going to put my comedic faith in you.

I never used to have to ask but i've played a few games recently that tried to be funny but we so painful to read. It's like the only comedy they were ever introduced to was Beavis and Butthead and they only watched 1 episode, for 2 minutes.

Banter is one of my favourite things, it gets me through the day and 1 game had banter between 2 characters that was so bad I had to stop reading. It essentially boiled down to 2 adults yelling "no u" at each other yet was presented as if it was the most amusing thing we'd ever read.

I don't mean to compare to Where the Heart is but that's the kind of thing I mean when it comes to banter, the MC and Katie ares spot on there. If I can find something that amuses me like that i'd be a happy bunny. Heavy Five is another one with decent banter.
You can just go away if you feel anything you don‘t like or uncomfortable from this game。
This game is just the beginning,only V0.1.
Everyone could give advice but no need to compain.

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes