Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
I like where this is going !
I like making what-if mini-stories like these, letting what comes next, to people's imaginations!
Just messing around with filters, trying to get a go-to setting. So far it's, meh:cautious:. Adding characters degrades the render quality in DAZ.

Last edited:

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
i want to make nat,ethan and darell having a cofee break in the living room, but my daz3d is unresponsive
I hope you can find he problem. Maybe those that alredy use it can help ? Or is you pc not have the horsepower to run it. That is where mine is at.

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
Can you make a swing party of all the characters that are having fun together Nat, Ethan, Darell, Riya,matt,sam,jenna ,and Peter.
That would be epic! Unfortunately, I only have the Darrell and Jenna's assets, I made my own Nat and Ethan (not that I care about him) and it's taken a lot time to develop a Nat that I'm happy with. I used some different assets for Ethan, though I'm still looking for a match.
Any help would be great for finding the assets used in the game!

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
I hope you can find he problem. Maybe those that alredy use it can help ? Or is you pc not have the horsepower to run it. That is where mine is at.
an Nvidia GPU [at least a GTX10xx +] and a good amount of RAM will do. The CPU/MB/HD combo doesn't make much difference except for loading times.

Reactions: negeb18

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
so you mean 8gb ram is ok and i need upgrade my videocard
well... I'm no expert but 16GB+ of SDRAM and a 6GB+ Nvidia GPU should get you started. Don''t get other Nvidia GPU's, they won't work. Also, DAZ is a big memory hog! GPU price's cratered recently, that's good for us on a budget.

negeb18

Dec 6, 2020
well... I'm no expert but 16GB+ of SDRAM and a 6GB+ Nvidia GPU should get you started. Don''t get other Nvidia GPU's, they won't work. Also, DAZ is a big memory hog! GPU price's cratered recently, that's good for us on a budget.
do you have recomendation other 3d software like daz3d

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
I tried Blender, but it was hard compared to Daz3d. One hour of work in blender is five minutes of daz3d. It is not a friendly user compared to daz3d. Maybe I will try poser.
Rendering taxes any system, DAZ is no exception.

SummerCar

Jan 5, 2020
an Nvidia GPU [at least a GTX10xx +] and a good amount of RAM will do. The CPU/MB/HD combo doesn't make much difference except for loading times.
How long did it take for you to learn to use DAZ and be able to make renders like you've posted? Haven't seen anyone able to create and post good fanart as often as you do.

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
How long did it take for you to learn to use DAZ and be able to make renders like you've posted? Haven't seen anyone able to create and post good fanart as often as you do.
Thanks, about a year of messing about. The models and assets were easier, the render settings took time. Lighting is the key.

Reactions: SummerCar

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
Great stuff... Can't wait to see if something happens here. I like the higher res a little better though. But that is just me.

4.20 star(s) 85 Votes