VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Cowboys Story [v0.4b] [Noller72]

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
This is not gonna be another "Brockeback Mountain" right?...
Right...?

:tf:

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
Citing the great Sergio Leone about Clint Eastwood as an actor in his western movies: "your MC has two expressions, one with a hat and one without" :eek:penedeyewink:

Reactions: Gellidus

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
Quite short but also interesting I am waiting for the next update and let's see how it develops

I also have a Fehlermelödung if I want to scroll back then always an error message comes every time

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'texthistory1.png'>:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'texthistory1.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2553, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2916, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 1980, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 430, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6938)
    rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2983)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 702, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3445)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2983)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3445)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 702, in render
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1121, in render
    back = render(style.background, bw, bh, st, at)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 503, in render
    texture = cache.get(self, texture=True)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 212, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 553, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "E:\Mega\Cowboys_story-v001\game-0.1-win\renpy\loader.py", line 548, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'texthistory1.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
A Cowboy's Story 0.1

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
The visuals on this are beyond ugly and the story is boring. The concept is interesting but deleted it after 1 min.

Hopefully this game hasn't done any permanent eye damage.

Noller72

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Here is the new update to my game.

Can someone maybe update the post??

Changelog.
Daughter. (Sandy) New model.
Renamed the exe
Some changes in the gamplay.
Re-Rerendered images
Fixed the rollback issue
New font.
Removed the Hotel clerk sex scene.
Added Scene in Funhouse.
Lot of typos.
Added Affection Stats.
Changed the sheriff character. (Still buffed)

[/IMG]

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Here is the new update to my game.
Changelog.
Daughter. (Sandy) New model.
Renamed the exe
Some changes in the gamplay.
Re-Rerendered images
Fixed the rollback issue
New font.
Removed the Hotel clerk sex scene.
Added Scene in Funhouse.
Lot of typos.
Added Affection Stats.
Changed the sheriff character. (Still buffed)

[/IMG]
''Still buffed.''
Thank the heavens.
Abs.~ :FeelsGoodMan:

Reactions: Noller72

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
It's a little better. I have a few notes:

* The font is readable, but maybe a different color would be better. I can see what you're going for artisticly, but perhaps if the font was larger or a darker, more contrasting color like black or blue it would be easier to read.

* "I need a shaving" in English should be "I need a shave".

* Assay, not assey

* "Oh no, you loose" should be "Oh no, you lose"

* "Have a glass whiskey" should be "have a glass of whiskey"

* In some areas, you're completing a sentence with a period and an exclamation point (.!). You only need one.

* The gunfight is better, but it would still be nice to have a running commentary, something like

"The MC shoots, causing xxx amounts of damage"
"The bandit fires back, causing xxx amount of damage"

* I don't have any comments about the changes in models, as I had no problem with them before. The new ones are fine too.

* I'm curious as to why you removed the sex scene with the hotel clerk. I would think you'd want to offer as many opportunities to the player to have sex as possible.

Reactions: ponyguy

AncalagonBlk

Dec 19, 2016
So is it "A Cowboys Story" a story about multiple cowboys, or is it "A Cowboy's Story" a story about a single cowboy.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Pathetic models etc.
But good for a first try.

Looking forward to your 14th try.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
* I'm curious as to why you removed the sex scene with the hotel clerk. I would think you'd want to offer as many opportunities to the player to have sex as possible.
I'm just guessing here, but since the developer recreated many of the renders, the old sex scene no longer fits with the new renders. He didn't have a very good grasp of lighting with the first release and the screens are mostly on the dark side, but his new renders are much better. It would have been rather jarring to go from a new screen with better lighting to an older one that is much darker. I had both versions of the game running at the same time and the difference is extreme.

So is it "A Cowboys Story" a story about multiple cowboys, or is it "A Cowboy's Story" a story about a single cowboy.
A Cowboy's Story

Tranzet

Oct 27, 2016
NEW GAME HEADS UP, COW BOYS... VAGINAL SEX... LOL wtf is up with my caps lock...( but yea sounds boring as fuck...) sry...

CowMeat

Jun 17, 2017
Pros: less common western setting and some unique character archetypes.
Cons: the graphics are unpolished, combat feels unbalanced and shallow, and the writing needs editing.
Who should download: fans of adult games who like playing early versions.

MrFatCat

Aug 23, 2017
The changelog is rather vague. Not about downloading this without knowing the amount of time i'll spend playing it.

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes