RPGM Completed A different world that feels too good with my loving sister [Final] [What a game]

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Most experts in the past would obliterate any modern expert in their field. There's exceptions, though. That is why the rap "artists" are a momentary and ever-changing fad while old composer and artists are still discussed years, if not hundreds of years after their deaths.
Give it time, bro. Rap as we know it was invented in the 80's lmao. We still talk about Tupac and Easy-E. The reason why we talk about composers like Mozart, Chopin, etc is because they were the most popular at the time. I imagine there were a couple hundred more composers but we don't hear about them because we lost their works. I'm pretty damn sure Eminem and Wu-Tang will be fondly remembered in the 25th century.

And yeah. The young nowadays need to go watch more DIY videos because goddamn, they need some skills.

APSabot

Apr 27, 2020
Cheats, yeah. Regular 21st century knowledge? I'm not so sure. I think only a few specific fields of expertise would actually be usable in a mediaeval context. You could be the world's greatest computer scientist or nuclear physicist, but those skills won't be worth shit in a mediaeval fantasy isekai. You might even get labelled a lunatic or a demon if you ever talk about your knowledge in those fields. The most effective way to get rich from nothing was probably to become a merchant, but that takes a lot of interpersonal skills, so just having e.g. a degree in economics probably wouldn't be much use. It's another world, not Earth, so knowledge of history would be largely useless, etc. etc. Moreover, most people today are lacking very fundamental skills that would be required to live in a mediaeval era, like how to farm (over 90% of the population were farmers)—till land, rotate crops, harvest and store your corn, etc.—, how to make clothes, how to hunt and butcher small game, how to build a shelter, and so on.
quite the contrary, basic high-school knowledge would be revolutionary in quite a few fields depending on the period
-germ theory, and the knowledge of lenses to prove it
-basic medical and anatomical knowledge, bonus points if you remember how to isolate penicillin or synthesize sulfa drugs
-boiling and other methods of purifying water at scale (and why it works)
-pasteurization alone could set you up for life
-math up to calculus
-movable type
-paper making
-steam power and the use of coal, oil, and natural gas
-basic metallurgy
-physics up to newton's laws
-astronomy
-a general idea of how to make guns, particularly self-contained cartridges
-saddles, stirrups an other kit for horses
-crop rotation, fertilizers (potash being a good example)
-sewage systems and garbage disposal particularly their link to common diseases
-concrete making and use
-the list goes on

even if you were say a nuclear physicist you'd easily blast away the scholars of the day and your basic foundational coursework would gradually put the nation you supported leagues ahead of its peers, which would only accelerate once you started teaching others.

Reactions: Creiz

razerfail

May 5, 2022
Did you guys talk to the guy to the left of the inn? He's hungry, gives you a teddy bear for a particular food item, and this grants a love point once you go to your house in the day.

I think that's the only love point that you aren't explicitly told to get...
That was what I was missing thank you!

Reactions: iron4doves
2.50 star(s) 8 Votes