strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm going to put my money on the beta being out by the weekend.

Keep in mind everyone. The incest patch won't be ready with the beta. We will have to wait a few days for that to come out.
I don't know about all of you but I refuse to play it without the patch.

Reactions: f4f4

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
I'm going to put my money on the beta being out by the weekend.

Keep in mind everyone. The incest patch won't be ready with the beta. We will have to wait a few days for that to come out.
I don't know about all of you but I refuse to play it without the patch.
Without the incest patch, it would be like playing the game "The Class Next Door" :cool:

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
5 months and no update, I'm sure those 1000+ dollars per month are going towards a gigantous update beeing relieased shortly.
yes, it IS. if you've been keeping up. you'll see that will said that this will be his biggest update yet.

you know even video games company pay their employee's while they develop the game. they dont just get payed once the game is shipped? no one could afford to work for such a company. they need to eat and pay rent while the game is being worked on. such is the case here.

Koronak

Feb 20, 2018
yes, it IS. if you've been keeping up. you'll see that will said that this will be his biggest update yet.

you know even video games company pay their employee's while they develop the game. they dont just get payed once the game is shipped? no one could afford to work for such a company. they need to eat and pay rent while the game is being worked on. such is the case here.
in video games company you would be fired for working 3-4 month without results

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
wrong, he is WORKING on the game for those months. just like a video game company. do you oversee development of games? then you know they get paid to work on the game while the public is blind to it.

kingdom heart 3 was in development for how long? the employees got paid that entire time.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
I genuinely dont get the comparison to big game developers...... Will works mainly on his own with a small team to help him figure out stuff he is either still learning or hasnt perfected yet. Big game developers dont produce the entire game, they do small minute pieces each hence there's so many of them.

Has he made mistakes by offering dates and missing them, yes! has he been upfront about the issues regarding the missed dates, Yes! unlike many larger Dev's, IC something, i cant quite remember ;)

How about less moaning and actually appreciate an upfront dev who communicates with us which he doesn't have to do. He's acknowledged any failings and already learning from them and most of all the update will be here in a matter of days anyway.

lastly, is that last 2% killing me, Hell yes!

doctorpinch

Dec 19, 2017
I genuinely dont get the comparison to big game developers...... Will works mainly on his own with a small team to help him figure out stuff he is either still learning or hasnt perfected yet. Big game developers dont produce the entire game, they do small minute pieces each hence there's so many of them.

Has he made mistakes by offering dates and missing them, yes! has he been upfront about the issues regarding the missed dates, Yes! unlike many larger Dev's, IC something, i cant quite remember ;)

How about less moaning and actually appreciate an upfront dev who communicates with us which he doesn't have to do. He's acknowledged any failings and already learning from them and most of all the update will be here in a matter of days anyway.

lastly, is that last 2% killing me, Hell yes!
What he said!

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
in video games company you would be fired for working 3-4 month without results
How long do you think it takes to make a video game? That they just think it and it poofs? It can take years for a new game or any software to hit the release stage. So you think the programmers and staff are not paid during that time?

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Thanks everyone here who's got my back! I really appreciate the understanding, and at the same time I understand the frustration of thinking an update is around the corner, and then the dev doesn't deliver. Let's just say I'm now a lot more sympathetic to other devs than I used to be. I do apologize for not being able to fulfill earlier estimates of when I thought I could have this done, I've never intentionally tried to be misleading, but the only thing I have to judge from, is past experience, and this period of time has been so different from anything in the past.

As far as progress goes.... I just finished playing the game from start to 0.06 finish, and all the game events seem to be getting along and functioning the way they should. None if it's been tested with the patches, and spelling and grammar checking is still in progress. But it's close, and I'm so excited to get it out to you all. It represents a ton of work, a ton of time, and it is much larger than any update I've put out there before. I'm sorry to have to say it one more time, but please be patient with me... I'm doing my best.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes