Tadium

May 21, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 189, in script
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 190, in <module>
renpy.execute_default_statement(True)
Exception: store.housemates is being given a default a second time.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
python:
python:
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 190, in <module>
renpy.execute_default_statement(True)
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3495, in execute_default_statement
i.set_default(start)
File "no_inc.rpyc", line 452, in set_default
Exception: store.housemates is being given a default a second time.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Family Venture 0.06b_supporter
Wed Sep 16 20:08:38 2020
That is the issue I was having. I contacted Will and the problem has been located. There will be an updated build coming shortly.

ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
so the only difference between 6a and 6b is 2 Diaz scenes?
not complaining, just checking, wasn't expecting another update 'till Xmas
btw 6a was a great update, finally got the cousin into the house

finndem

Aug 13, 2020
Is the game supposed to come with saves? I don't think the earlier versions did...
so the only difference between 6a and 6b is 2 Diaz scenes?
not complaining, just checking, wasn't expecting another update 'till Xmas
Also general bug fixes

Reactions: ecoli

finndem

Aug 13, 2020
Oh, does anyone know what the image in "Other Girls Gallery" is? I don't seem to have gotten it on my old 0.05 save.

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
If the book is in your inventory (don't check, or the inventory icon will crash your game until the official release) than the only other requirement to trigger the scene is that it's a weekday. You can't read the book on the weekend.
Or you can just rename files to inv_ph_book1(2,3) :)

finndem

Aug 13, 2020
What's the new document. txt file for? is that where you patch the family part into the game?
The patching is handled entirely in-game; it's probably just an accidental blank file.

Also, started a fresh game with the new install, and I'm seeing a lot of undefined variables in the dialogue, like "But what if [m_upd1_2] walked in on you like this?"

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Is the game supposed to come with saves? I don't think the earlier versions did...

Also general bug fixes
saves are saved somewhere else too. so if you get a new version, your old saves will be auto applied. so long as the dev didn't change something that makes the game different. i forget what it's called in ren'py terms.

finndem

Aug 13, 2020
saves are saved somewhere else too. so if you get a new version, your old saves will be auto applied. so long as the dev didn't change something that makes the game different. i forget what it's called in ren'py terms.
Not sure what you mean--are you saying there's an additional location, besides /[main game folder]/game/saves? Because that's where Renpy stores saves, to my knowledge. Also worth noting--these aren't my saves from an earlier version. It's an entirely different set. I keep different versions of my games in discrete folders, specifically to avoid things like this.

Reactions: eball360

eball360

Oct 5, 2018
Not sure what you mean--are you saying there's an additional location, besides /[main game folder]/game/saves? Because that's where Renpy stores saves, to my knowledge. Also worth noting--these aren't my saves from an earlier version. It's an entirely different set. I keep different versions of my games in discrete folders, specifically to avoid things like this.
yes on my pc it at C:\Users\Users name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version. The main game file is broken.
A Family Venture [v0.06b Supporter] [WillTylor] - Original Size: 2.54 GB

Download Win,Linux (256MB)
: - -
Download Mac (240MB): - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 109 Votes