johndoe19

May 31, 2019
You have to turn the patch on. This is getting fixed in .07 but use your phone and in the top right make sure that dot is red.
Do you mean the dot that is in the top right corner that is above the actual screen right? Sorry for jumping in on this btw, I'm trying to figure this out as well.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Do you mean the dot that is in the top right corner that is above the actual screen right? Sorry for jumping in on this btw, I'm trying to figure this out as well.
Correct, the dot needs to be red.

Again the plan for .07 is to remove the patch entirely and release two versions of the game. The patreon safe version and the subscribestar incest version. If you down load the SS version incest is just baked into the script. Patreon supporters who want the incest version can replace their script files with the SS ones which will be made available.

Reactions: johndoe19

johndoe19

May 31, 2019

Again the plan for .07 is to remove the patch entirely and release two versions of the game. The patreon safe version and the subscribestar incest version. If you down load the SS version incest is just baked into the script. Patreon supporters who want the incest version can replace their script files with the SS ones which will be made available.
Got you, appreciate you taking the time to clarify all that. Thanks

Reactions: strenif

johndoe19

May 31, 2019

I actually have one more question, if you wouldn't mind. If the phone shows the loyalty route on its screen, does that mean that is the route enabled currently?

Hinrhj

Feb 5, 2021
Where can i put the incest patch files,I put them in game folder,the files are(one rpa file and one folder).but nothing changed in game

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
I've just got into this game recently and pretty much reached the end of content. I think it's great for the most part but I'm disappointed it seems there's only full sex scenes with Sidney so far. With how long it is I would have hoped for a few more characters.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I've just got into this game recently and pretty much reached the end of content. I think it's great for the most part but I'm disappointed it seems there's only full sex scenes with Sidney so far. With how long it is I would have hoped for a few more characters.
Sidney has three sex scenes iirc.
Lauren is getting her first sex scene in the soon to be released .07 update with Jackie getting hers in the follow .08.

Last edited:

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
I feel your frustration. I feel this way on just about every game I follow. I know nothing about the game development world (lazy GenX) but it seems like such a painfully slow grind that discourages me from trying to learn how to make my own games. I assume this is why so many great games get abandoned, right before crossing the finish line. Starts as a passion project but eventually becomes a boring marriage.

I think this dev pumps out quality updates so I'm being patient.

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Over half a year for an update, he needs to consider hiring someone to help.
Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. With the update I'm working on, and the last one, and the next one for that matter, they are kind of special updates in the fact that the MC get's to have sex with one the main girls for the first time. So, I've got in my mind how the story needs to go, to get to that point, and the whole update centers on the events to get there. This has made the updates bigger than I anticipated, which is nice in a way, but because of my limited time (full time job, wife and kids) and hardware constraints, it's making the updates take a really long time.

By far the biggest bottle neck in the games development is rendering images and animations. Not only does it take some time to set them up, but then they've got to cook for a while. Some scenes are so detailed that I need 3 or more renders that I have to piece together in photoshop to make a single image for the game. Some of these renders take over an hour just to cook. Then there are the animations, which can take the better part of a day just to set up, and then Daz has to render each frame individually, which means it has to render anywhere between 30-90, or sometimes even 120 individual renders for an animation that makes a 1-4 second loop. While I don't have an amazing machine to make the renders go faster, my computer isn't a dinosaur either. The most important piece of hardware needed for rendering is the vcard, and mine is an RTX 2080. Still, hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to a better machine soon.

I've actually begun a discussion with someone who might help me relieve this bottleneck a little bit. We're still early in our discussions, but he's got some experience running renders for another game developer, and I'm hopeful that will work out and cut down the time bottleneck of this aspect of game development significantly.

I've also begun playing with the idea of releasing the content a couple events at a time, so, give me some feedback if you think that's a good idea or not.

I feel your frustration. I feel this way on just about every game I follow. I know nothing about the game development world (lazy GenX) but it seems like such a painfully slow grind that discourages me from trying to learn how to make my own games. I assume this is why so many great games get abandoned, right before crossing the finish line. Starts as a passion project but eventually becomes a boring marriage.

I think this dev pumps out quality updates so I'm being patient.
This game definitely started out as a passion project, and luckily for me, it still is. I was certainly naïve when I started developing AFV as to how much time and work a few scenes in a game can take to develop, but I've always been very patient and I'm able to keep my focus on a project till it's completion. Not only that, but I love how the game is turning out, and I get so much energy from the people that let me know they love the game. While I have no intention of dragging this game out forever, and I do have the story's ending already in mind, I could conceivably continue to add scenes to the game until people let me know they're getting bored of the story and it's time to end it all.

Honestly, I love developing this game, and I know this statement is becoming cliché, but I hope for the day that game development could bring in enough money to completely replace my current job. I would love to do this full time.

Last edited:

jackfreedom

Mar 29, 2018
so i cant figure the patch out. i tried to apply it and tried the supporter but neither seem to work. mc keeps calling them by name and the portrait says no one is related.

RedZone30

Dec 15, 2019
so i cant figure the patch out. i tried to apply it and tried the supporter but neither seem to work. mc keeps calling them by name and the portrait says no one is related.
As has been mentioned in this thread many times ( search function is your friend ), you must ensure that the led light at top right on the phone is red when you hover over it. That will activate the ipatch. Ipatch will be removed next update due to complications it causes, and there will be two versions of the game, as Will explains in his post above.
Pardon the snark, it just gets tiresome to keep explaining this.

goovraedt

Aug 5, 2017
Hello everyone !

I have a problem with the photoshoot with megan and jacky. When i'm going to the warehouse a phone call with jacky begins and she ask you something but you can't answer her. It say after, that I have to read the books in the evenings in my room but i don't know how to do it.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello everyone !

I have a problem with the photoshoot with megan and jacky. When i'm going to the warehouse a phone call with jacky begins and she ask you something but you can't answer her. It say after, that I have to read the books in the evenings in my room but i don't know how to do it.
This is why you don't skip the dialog =P

Go to the store on your computer and buy all three books. Read them in the evening in your room.

Reactions: RedZone30
3.50 star(s) 109 Votes