strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Redoing the scripts are going to take longer than you think.
Right now it's full of

#define persistent.mom = "Jacky"
#define persistent.dad = "Tony"
#define persistent.uncle = "Bobby"

stuff that needs to be cleared out.

I'm really glad they are doing away with the ipatch. I think it'll be less work over all for them, and for us obviously =D

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
i see. though once the two different scripts are made, it will make things faster in future updates. at least the written part.

Reactions: RedZone30

mantismerc

Aug 14, 2019
Requested by Draco0 due to broken links of the previous compressed stuff.
If you want a game compressed or want to help the community with more crunched versions, join us at Game Compression Requests 2.0 and post your requests or compressions!

I'm testing the waters with YAC v2.1, and I've treated this with my personal High Quality settings to compare to my usual HQ compression methodology. Normally, my compressions are Low-Medium Quality settings to get even more drastic space savings. This'll look almost no different from the original source aside less space ulilized.
EDIT: YAC is way more convenient, but XnConvert is still better and faster. I'll be using YAC and XnC henceforth, and disgarding Audacity and Handbrake.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I briefly went thru some of the game, and appeared to be working fine.
If it breaks for certain scenes, it was not intentional and should use the official version instead!
This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

A Family Venture [v0.06 Public] [WillTylor]

Original Win10_64 Compressed: 2.5 GiB
Lite Win10_64 Rar Size: 457 MiB
Lite Win10_64 Size on Disk: 535 MiB

Tools used: YAC v2.1

Last edited:

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018
Family Venture, Culture Shock, Summer of Love, NTR update of Spellbook all coming out in april...It's like a conspiracy against the patreons.
Stock up on lube and tissues guys. Hard times are coming.

Last edited:

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Family Venture, Culture Shock, Summer of Love, NTR update of Spellbook all coming out in april...It's like a conspiracy against the patreons.
Stock up on lube and tissues guys. Hard times are coming.
*insert hulks "i see this as an absolute win meme"*

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
yup, that's funny because i was talking about that list needs PV on the PV discord lol.

it's looking like a great month for people like me, who can enjoy both. it's just more content.

Reactions: strenif

RedZone30

Dec 15, 2019
going 4 the half a year mark?
Yeah, and the next update ( focusing on Jacky ) will take a long time more than likely too. It will be a big one, but with not having to worry about the buggy i-patch in the next, and just going with two separate versions ( supporter version with incest dialogue, and public version without it ), Will might be able to get it done quicker. After the Jacky update, things should go a lot faster. Will has explained this here, and only a few pages back.

Reactions: Nakasan

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yeah, and the next update ( focusing on Jacky ) will take a long time more than likely too. It will be a big one, but with not having to worry about the buggy i-patch in the next, and just going with two separate versions ( supporter version with incest dialogue, and public version without it ), Will might be able to get it done quicker. After the Jacky update, things should go a lot faster. Will has explained this here, and only a few pages back.
Not... necessarily. There are some options there for .08. Depending on how the event chains are planned out it could be broken up into two updates.
.08 and .08.5.

Reactions: RedZone30

RedZone30

Dec 15, 2019
Not... necessarily. There are some options there for .08. Depending on how the event chains are planned out it could be broken up into two updates.
.08 and .08.5.
Well, I don't mind that idea, and although I'm a patient one, and I prefer to play through a significant amount of content at a time, having less waiting time between updates is a good thing. I'm easy either way.
I might have to get a new Discord account methinks...as even though I have discourse with Will, it'd be better to stay more fully in the loop as part of the AFV Discord community. Cheers for the headsup mate!

Reactions: WillTylor

Serajim

Jul 12, 2020
What are the differences between 0.06b supporter and 0.06 public? which one do you recommend?

RedZone30

Dec 15, 2019
What are the differences between 0.06b supporter and 0.06 public? which one do you recommend?
Supporter version has inbuilt incest patch mod ( very buggy ). I'd recommend waiting until v0.07 comes out and get supporter SubscribeStar version if you want incest without the broken i-patch mod, or go the public version if you don't want incest. If you don't want incest and want to play now, then download public version 0.06.

Evil Knievel

Aug 6, 2018
From the walkthrough:
1617754414054.png

However Camille never showers after her "morning" work shift in the "afternoon". Not with libido < 10 nor with libido = 10. The bathroom is just empty.
Could this be a bug in the 0.06b version?
Everything else seems fine so far.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes