xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I was also about to test the latest beta.
I patched my old game and on the first try the game got stuck in the error image.
I then restarted the computer, still the error.
Then I checked the file system with CHKDSK and had to restart to check C: and the computer hasn't output an image since then.
Instead of enjoying the new update, I can now disassemble this stupid computer piece by piece to find the error.
At least I'm lucky in my misfortune, I previously backed up my savegames with the old version on an external HDD...
If I'm lucky I can still play the game on my notebook and the repair can wait.
Hopefully my 12 year old notebook can still run Ren'Py Games ... :HideThePain:
Are you talking about the game or the whole computer ? and what Image ? the Bluescreen ?

Reactions: djustmie

Don61a

Aug 30, 2021
never played this one , but i noticed it is posted for the first time about 4 years ago
now i see a v8 number , so every half year a update?

that doesnt have to be bad , but some games (like high school master) have very minor/small updates

so for me its a question if it is worthwile downloading (not a big fan for endless ''milking'' a game )(

There was a delay in this release due to computer and personal issues on the developer side. They have indicated they will be continuing to work on this game for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: djustmie

Don61a

Aug 30, 2021
I was also about to test the latest beta.
I patched my old game and on the first try the game got stuck in the error image.
I then restarted the computer, still the error.
Then I checked the file system with CHKDSK and had to restart to check C: and the computer hasn't output an image since then.
Instead of enjoying the new update, I can now disassemble this stupid computer piece by piece to find the error.
At least I'm lucky in my misfortune, I previously backed up my savegames with the old version on an external HDD...
If I'm lucky I can still play the game on my notebook and the repair can wait.
Hopefully my 12 year old notebook can still run Ren'Py Games ... :HideThePain:
The game as available for download work just fine from the start and or with my 0.8h save in this thread.

Note - I do not use the Mod available for this game.

Reactions: Dr.John Bums

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
Haven't played this game for over a year at least. Last time the only h-scenes / sex with "family" were only dream sequences. Here's hoping to a much more fleshed out game / storylines.

Dr.John Bums

Apr 29, 2023
Are you talking about the game or the whole computer ? and what Image ? the Bluescreen ?
I think the main board is defective or the CPU everything else I have tested.
The error screen was in play, what a typical Ren'Py error screen.
Unfortunately, I can't take a picture of the game error because the computer isn't running anymore
But the error probably came about because I simply copied the small update with around 500 MB to the old game or it was an older MOD to blame.
I'll just download the complete new version and then test my savegames with it and if that doesn't work I'll start again from the beginning.

Sep 29, 2017
Hi all, I've made a compressed version!

A Family Venture [v0.4e Xmas] [WillTylor] Compressed

Original Size: 1.44 GB
Compressed: 201 MB

Tools used: Unren v0.8 by Sam
Cruncher v0.4.1 by bas

This version is UNOFFICIAL. Lossy compression used. Compression reduces image/sound/video/animation quality and can cause the game to break, download at your own risk!

PC/Linux: MEGA | WORKUPLOAD |

Enjoy! :D
Compressed by reducing image,video quality slightly.

Download - v0.05
A Family Venture [v0.07 Bugfixed Extended] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.44 GB
Original Size Mac: 3.40 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 439 MB:
Compressed Size Mac: 405 MB:

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
none of these compressed versions are updated. anyone have a new updated compressed version? Yes I used the search function. Jesus the search feature is horrible trying to find the one post with the updated compressed version when you have pages of results. why tf it isn't in OP anymore I will not agree with ever.

damn these downloads are so huge can't even use mega 1684622747611.png

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I think the main board is defective or the CPU everything else I have tested.
The error screen was in play, what a typical Ren'Py error screen.
Unfortunately, I can't take a picture of the game error because the computer isn't running anymore
But the error probably came about because I simply copied the small update with around 500 MB to the old game or it was an older MOD to blame.
I'll just download the complete new version and then test my savegames with it and if that doesn't work I'll start again from the beginning.
No need to Don61a posted a savegame on the page before toghether with his new WT, no need to use a Mod this game has one integrated (SambaApp)

Reactions: Dr.John Bums

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
none of these compressed versions are updated. anyone have a new updated compressed version? Yes I used the search function. Jesus the search feature is horrible trying to find the one post with the updated compressed version when you have pages of results. why tf it isn't in OP anymore I will not agree with ever.
Here, you might want to switch the sorting of your search to latest post.
How to do just follow the link in my signature, it is quite good explained by SonsOLiberty
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-family-venture-0-08v3b-willtylor.24965/post-10815266

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
To find out if a compressed version of a game exists, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile
- Preferences
- Search Options
- Most recent
- Save
- Once that's done, go to the game's page and search for the word "Compressed" (without the quotes).

Or.........

<Game> [version] compressed

<A Family Venture> [08v3b] compressed

search2.jpg

(y) you can search from any topic in this forum

Last edited:

Don61a

Aug 30, 2021
I've reported my post with the new walkthur and save - so with luck the links on the main page will be updated in a day or so.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
For whoever may care (y)

The decision made by the site's management to no longer insert the "Compressed" link on the game's home page (there's a large overload of requests on the site, and the available OPs were not able to address all of them, the site is made up of an infinity of sections) didn't deter the compressors. There are days when there are more compressors in service than there are games to compress. So if a game is more than 1 gig in size, be patient.

Dr.John Bums

Apr 29, 2023
I just had the update running on my notebook, luckily the old notebook still manages Ren'Py Games without any problems.
However, nobody should copy the multi-mod from the first post into the new version, it causes errors and must be adapted to the new version.
I will re-Download the 5,38 GB Game :HideThePain:

Sep 29, 2017
Here, you might want to switch the sorting of your search to latest post.
How to do just follow the link in my signature, it is quite good explained by SonsOLiberty
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-family-venture-0-08v3b-willtylor.24965/post-10815266
To find out if a compressed version of a game exists, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile
- Preferences
- Search Options
- Most recent
- Save
- Once that's done, go to the game's page and search for the word "Compressed" (without the quotes).

(y)
That doesn't work for every game, a lot of the compressions in other games update their original compression post with the latest compression version so you have to dig.

Reactions: boraxkarloff

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
That doesn't work for every game, a lot of the compressions in other games update their original compression post with the latest compression version so you have to dig.
yes, that is what I do as well, also take in acount that there are some of the "Compressors" which call their work else then "Compressed" In that games the search won't work either
nothing is perfect in this world, I mean you asked and you had 3 people serving you the link to the compr, ver.

Reactions: Pablor and morphnet

Dr.John Bums

Apr 29, 2023
If anyone is still interested, I found the error from the computer.
The motherboard is broken :HideThePain:
I will install another motherboard tomorrow and then I can play "A Family Venture" again on my 40" TV instead of the small 14" notebook screen :KEK:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: doight and xapican
3.50 star(s) 109 Votes