BangB420

Dec 11, 2021
So are there any love interests in the game? Reviews be saying the MC doesn't get a crumb of pussy but then again they are nuns sooo makes sense. Also any milf? :)

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
its only a 2g game . why not compress to 300mb?
Compressed size: 925 MB
The main game is using webp image files, which are already compressed. Therefore you can't compress them anymore to such a small size (except you want "Minecraft" image quality...). I actually assume the game is "uncompressed" 10+ GB.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
@Pixieblink Your game is updated monthly or so. It would be NICE if you provide update copy. its useles to download full game every month . Beside updates are small'

SO DO WE HAVE UPDATE COPY ONLY!
well not all are blessed with unlimited dl capacity. update only can break something so if that'd happen you'd need dl full version again.

I am confused. Is this censord or not becasue under the "genre" tags it says censored?
yes until dev releases un-nag patch for latest free version. if you want nag-free version early then become supporter.

So are there any love interests in the game? Reviews be saying the MC doesn't get a crumb of pussy but then again they are nuns sooo makes sense. Also any milf? :)
no lis really yet. mc gets hj early and maybe a bit sex and later gets nekkid body massage. mc's childhood friend is old enuf to be his mother so agewise yes and there was 1 mother early but she and her daughter got killed (daughter was resurrected and becomes nun with a gun eventually).

Reactions: BangB420

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Dev Your game is updated monthly or so. It would be NICE if you provide update copy. its useles to download full game every month . Beside updates are small'

SO DO WE HAVE UPDATE COPY ONLY!

It would be a great idea. One I've actually given some thought. Anyone have any idea how to pull that off in renpy?

Just zipping up the new/changed files with their dir structure would work for PC & Mac users, but I don't see any way to pull that off for android players. Which makes up something like 40% of the fan base.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It would be a great idea. One I've actually given some thought. Anyone have any idea how to pull that off in renpy?

Just zipping up the new/changed files with their dir structure would work for PC & Mac users, but I don't see any way to pull that off for android players. Which makes up something like 40% of the fan base.
ask from SonsOfLiberty

Reactions: Egai123

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
The main game is using webp image files, which are already compressed. Therefore you can't compress them anymore to such a small size (except you want "Minecraft" image quality...). I actually assume the game is "uncompressed" 10+ GB.
Yes, the original is about 12GB right now. Image files compressed with webp, webm video files with YAK video cruncher. Hard (if not impossible) to crunch the game any further without noticeably degrading the quality.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yes, the original is about 12GB right now. Image files compressed with webp, webm video files with YAK video cruncher. Hard (if not impossible) to crunch the game any further without noticeably degrading the quality.
never impossible, seen 21 gigs compressed to under 2 gigs (low res jpgs etc).

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
never impossible, seen 21 gigs compressed to under 2 gigs (low res jpgs etc).
This game is according Pixieblink 12GB uncompressed and ~1GB compressed (the one from SonsOfLiberty).
Therefore ~ 1:10 is usual and even fits with your example. But the one asking before wanted something like 1:30...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This game is according Pixieblink 12GB uncompressed and ~1GB compressed (the one from SonsOfLiberty).
Therefore ~ 1:10 is usual and even fits with your example. But the one asking before wanted something like 1:30...
it all depends on the source - if those are poorly optimized pngs, for example, it could be 1:50, or even more size reduction without significant quality loss....contrary if the source is optimized (webp, for example), compressing could yield only as low as 1:1,5 or so size differences.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
it all depends on the source - if those are poorly optimized pngs, for example, it could be 1:50, or even more size reduction without significant quality loss....contrary if the source is optimized (webp, for example), compressing could yield only as low as 1:1,5 or so size differences.
HQ pngs (no idea about optimization (can ask from sol since he made compression)) etc and from 21.2 gigs to 1.76 gigs on pc version. dev webp compressed is under half of png-version.

Egai123

Jun 24, 2021

Thank you for considering it.(y)(y)

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Thank you for considering it.(y)(y)
Of course. Thanks for bringing it up.
I've actually spent quite some time trying to figure out how to pull it off. I run into 2 problems.

1. The android users. I just can't figure out a way to release updates where they can simply dump + overwrite into the existing game dir.

2. And of course the (significant) number of players that are NOT computer savvy. As in they get confused by "Unzip and copy - overwrite existing files".

The update procedure would need to be idiot-proof and AFAIK there simply isn't way to do that in renpy. Which would also explain why I don't see any other devs doing it.

Good idea though.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Which would also explain why I don't see any other devs doing it.
some devs actually, do sonsofliberty compresses some/many of those so ask from him. none/very few of those are here at f95 although.

4.20 star(s) 56 Votes