Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I value the humor of your words, but no international linguist here, just not-so-common Russian with some basics of Latin, nothing more.

I guess I flatter you too much)
I see that your knowledge of Russian isn't deep, you totally correct in translation "scrawny little bitch" but in the next phrase (in Russian), when MC says "Then I really would have you whipped" he speaks about himself in female gender. In that case correct Russian phrase would be "Тогда я бы действительно тебя выпорол". I guess it's hard to explain to any translation software the gender of the person which words you are trying to translate in Russian.
:)

Got it. The next release will include the revised text.
And thanks.

Reactions: junior366

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
:)

Got it. The next release will include the revised text.
And thanks.
And sin of Onan was pulling out not jerking off. When he had sex with his wife he didn't want children with her and was pulling out. Jewish god punished him exactly for that. Only much later name of that Jew became a symbol of male masturbation. Francine must know that. So it's cheap scam from MC's side.
And, beside that, Francine is boasting what a good healer she is. But she lives in XXI century and actually know nothing of male anatomy. Honestly it's immersion break 'cause before that she looked like a really good healer and experienced doctor.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
And sin of Onan was pulling out not jerking off. When he had sex with his wife he didn't want children with her and was pulling out. Jewish god punished him exactly for that. Only much later name of that Jew became a symbol of male masturbation. Francine must know that. So it's cheap scam from MC's side.
And, beside that, Francine is boasting what a good healer she is. But she lives in XXI century and actually know nothing of male anatomy. Honestly it's immersion break 'cause before that she looked like a really good healer and experienced doctor.
She's a third year medical student. Her studies aren't complete. When tasked with delivering Sister Bernadette's note she mentions that "she grabbed a couple of second years from the cafeteria" because she didn't want to leave the school all by herself.

And she does mention that "It's doesn't look anything like in the books" and is "surprised at how much fun it is".

And... she's a third year medical student. WHY would she know anymore about the "Sin of Onan" than anyone other nun? She's studying to become a Healer. Not an expert in early Christian folklore.

Francine must know that. So it's cheap scam from MC's side.
That's a cheap shot.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
It's technically even worse than that, but you're correct that it's pulling out and not masturbation. It wasn't just that he didn't want children with her. As the next oldest brother, he was required by Jewish law to take the wife of his brother who died, carrying on the lineage of that brother. In other words, any children from the wife would be considered his brother's children, not his own. He hated that he wouldn't have his own descendants so he didn't want to get her pregnant. However, he still wanted to enjoy having sex with her, something seen as sacred. The consequence was that he basically was seen as fornicating by Jewish law — enjoying the pleasure of sex without using it for its intended purpose: procreation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: junior366

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
Pixieblink
At first I thought "What's that ? A Church game ? Let's see...."
And than I was positively surprised. The Story is interesting and very entertaining. The situations are sometimes funny. Very stirring was the Story from Ms. Jenny with her Daughter Sadie. I hope this will go on in one of the next chapters. Now I'm really looking forward to the next update.
Good Work ! Well done ! Thank You !!!

Sir Anal

Aug 19, 2021
And than I was positively surprised. The Story is interesting and very entertaining. The situations are sometimes funny. Very stirring was the Story from Ms. Jenny with her Daughter Sadie. I hope this will go on in one of the next chapters. Now I'm really looking forward to the next update.
If you don't know it, I really recommend you to explore the other Pixieblink games as well.
It's not always the same quality ( :rolleyes:) , or even really the same style. But it's always unique and interesting to discover.

Free advertising! :p

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Pixieblink
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I'm glad you enjoyed playing the game.

Without coughing up to much of a spoiler,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
though nobody knows it yet.

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
If you don't know it, I really recommend you to explore the other Pixieblink games as well.
It's not always the same quality ( :rolleyes:) , or even really the same style. But it's always unique and interesting to discover.
Shortly I've begun to play 'The Professor'. It's a lot different, but also unique. And entertaining (The Chinese Manual i.e.) :ROFLMAO:
I plan to endure the other games as well.
Thank you for the advice !

• Wow
Reactions: Pixieblink

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hot damn! I like all of the girls in the game to varying degrees, but I'm really looking forward to more Maddy "screen time" again. I think she might be one of my favorites. :love: (For me, Karina and Danny are a close 2nd and 3rd.)

Reactions: Pixieblink

oracle255

Jan 30, 2018
This game is a prime example of the importance of good sound in Renpy game. too many Renpy game either ignore using music&sound or worse using random music which doesn't really fit the scenes.
just finished playing chapter 1. I'd say I'm impressed with the music choice in each scene, good job Dev

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
some renpy games i have on playlist have music and sounds and 1 even has lewdsounds as separate, mostly nice.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
some renpy games i have on playlist have music and sounds and 1 even has lewdsounds as separate, mostly nice.
I have many games that are the same. However, the number of games that do this well is another matter entirely. I can definitely name some doing music well (although I won't here), but it's far too common that Song A plays for X min Y sec and then it's time for Song B. Or, Song A plays in a certain location and Song B plays in another. These are all too often done in such a way that a change in tone — in plot, in dialogue, in renders — is not only missed in the music, but is even directly contrasted by the music being played. I have found the music in A Father's Sins to be very well chosen and applied. IMHO it for sure is one of many strong points for this VN.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have many games that are the same. However, the number of games that do this well is another matter entirely. I can definitely name some doing music well (although I won't here), but it's far too common that Song A plays for X min Y sec and then it's time for Song B. Or, Song A plays in a certain location and Song B plays in another. These are all too often done in such a way that a change in tone — in plot, in dialogue, in renders — is not only missed in the music, but is even directly contrasted by the music being played. I have found the music in A Father's Sins to be very well chosen and applied. IMHO it for sure is one of many strong points for this VN.
Yup, I also mentioned this to Pixie as well, and while (as you said) there are some devs who implement music well into their games, there just isn't enough games in this site which utilize sound effects (screams, laughs, footsteps, sound of city etc etc) well.
Most devs just completely ignore it (guess they feel it's of little consequence), but I always believe even little things like sound effects matter and can contribute to the game.

SINS just shows Pixie's attention to detail (not to mention the great music that plays with the scenes which are fitting).

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 56 Votes