Nov 3, 2019
guess he has a healthy lifestyle and she's drinking wine from the bottle :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cxx

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
The updates are just way too short.
I wish this site offered a notification when a game is finished, because I want to play it - but not in 15 minute chunks.
That's the rub. People complain on here if the game comes out every month or two with a some-what short chunk. Or they complain because it took six, seven, even ten months for a large update. Dev's really can't win. Be happy that these people take time out of their lives to make something that is enjoyable for all to spend their time playing. Now, if it took ten months, and only 15 minute chunks, I'd agree that it was not enough. But this is about right for the time it takes between updates.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
The real issue are the super-slow content updates.

There are games that deliver(ed) 5+ hours of content every 1-2 months.
But even the average successful game manages 1 hour of content per month.
This game is way below average in update speed.
Honestly would like to know some of these games you say have that kind of update for such short time-frames. Because every game I've played that updates that close together is about the same amount of game play as this one.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Honestly it's not just the time it takes to create the renders and the animations. Though that is a huge part of it.
A huge chunk of the time is spent on the spit & polish, making everything work together and come together as a whole.

I'm sure everyone will be happy to know that everything is pretty well much set up now, they going to start getting naked and fighting demons in the next few updates.

Should end the year with a bang.

Smbt3D

Nov 3, 2019
Sometimes there are also these long dialogues with just the same two/three pics all the time.
Imo that's a decent amount of content for a monthly updating non- full time developer.
But of course it's always too short.... :)

Pixieblink
naked while fighting demons ? :unsure:

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
Sometimes there are also these long dialogues with just the same two/three pics all the time.
Imo that's a decent amount of content for a monthly updating non- full time developer.

Pixieblink
:ROFLMAO:

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I've sent you a private message with the game names.
Let's not discuss it any further, since off-topic and naming other games is against forum rules.
Is it? Not my rules. Not that I ever made any up.
Seems like a lot of rules... for a pirate board! :ROFLMAO:

Go ahead, I don't care.
Hell, maybe I could learn me something!

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019

Pixieblink
Works for me!
Maybe.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I've sent you a private message with the game names.
Let's not discuss it any further, since off-topic and naming other games is against forum rules.
I understand. And I think you for sending me those. I may check them out later on. Hadn't heard of either one of them before. Thanks.

4st3r1sc0

Jul 5, 2020
Dev is here, upload his uncensored version of the game himself and provied after a time he find long enough an uncensore patch and also talks to use, ask about our opinion and have some of us, dirty pirates that don't pay him, help him, where other devs would have this as a high level support tier.
So from a dirty pirate myselfs, I say he does very well on that page.
That's great and all, but how is he supposed to know? A single sentence in the "Developer notes" section would be greatly appreciated. Sure, he could use the search function, but lets be honest, most people don't and, even if you do, chances are you won't see the answer in the first page. I myself thought the game was always censored after a brief check and gave up on it very early on development, since I didn't catch a non-censored version even once while jokes or constructive criticism were harshly responded to back then when there was still just a couple of pages of comments.

PD: If you are a dirty pirate, please stop stealing stuff, wait patiently for the developer to share it once he sees fit or buy the product.

Reactions: student00

Smbt3D

Nov 3, 2019
For me personally it's more about this "bad dev, how dare you to keep parts of your hard work away for paying patreons"
Ah wait, it's this "when your stuff is shared for free on a pirate site you'll attract thousands of new patreons" argument (which might be somehow true for certain games).
But I guess a game thread is not the place to discuss that.....

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
It is against forum rules, but if you're fine with it it should be OK, since they're made for the developers.

The games that deliver/delivered hours of content per month are "Now & Then" and "Superhuman".
And almost all page 1 games (weighted rating) I play/played, except Desert Stalker, create/created about an hour of content per month.
Thanks for your tact, I do appreciate it.
I guess the rules are there to prevent desperate devs from spamming the hell out of everyone else's game thread.

Okay, so I did give the first game a quick spin. And I glanced through the second one.
Both of them use either Honey Select (or maybe VAM?) characters.

Which basically means no rendering, all they have to do is pose their characters and do a screen cap. Which is why they can pump out so many (let's be honest, you really can't call them renders) in so little time.

So the dev can sit down in front of his computer and bang out 25-30 scenes in an hour.

There's nothing wrong with that. I am in no way commenting on the artwork. Or the games.
What I AM saying is that it results in a ''cartoony'' looking game, where the developers made a conscious choice to visually go for quantity over quality.

Daz studio? IF you really know your way around the software, you can probably pull off... 5-10 renders in an hour? Max. And that's when you're really in the grove and things are flowing smoothly. Actual work flow is probably a little less. Unless you want to create dozens of pages of dialogue where nothing moves but the character's faces. Which btw is the real reason you see that so often in so many of the daz games.

Animations with Daz? You're looking at a 2-3 hours to set up and render a 10 second clip, depending on the lighting and the camera movement. And if you get it right the first time or not.

That's why some of the big game studios, the people that create those TV cartoon shows, and a lot of indie devs choose the "cartoony" path. You can create a lot more content, a lot quicker.

I'm not making excuses. But I am saying you have to compare apples with apples.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
And almost all page 1 games (weighted rating) I play/played, except Desert Stalker, create/created about an hour of content per month.
A weak point, seeing how none of the games currently showing on that page that I've played do or have recently done so; and I don't limit myself to any specific rendering engine or technique. You're also dangerously close to insinuating that those games being well received is tied closely to their update schedule where from what I gather, most of those games are praised for delivering quality renders, or excellent cinematics, or engaging story lines, …or all of the above.

If you fee like their update schedule doesn't warrant you financial support, that's all fine and dandy, but complaining about a story being told too slow to your tastes, when you can simply wait for it's thread to be marked completed does seem rather entitled, in my book.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Nothing a couple of 3090s and batch rendering everything overnight can't fix!
Well. I don't know these 3090 things you speak of. But they sound expensive. Perhaps Pixieblink doesn't have that kind of money to have a multiple number of them. As I have said before, they take time out of their lives to make things for us to enjoy. Most don't make a living on it. I don't know if Pix does or not. Rather he does or not is irrelevant. as Hordragg just pointed out. You could easily wait for the page to have a "completed" tab. I mean, do you pay a Patreon fee to Pix to get the uncensored versions? It's only $10 USD a month. I know for most it isn't much. It is to me, that's why I'm on a pirate page. As such, I don't complain about an update every month or two being short. I just appreciate that the creator's of these games allows them to be on here. I have seen other's that get blasted almost as soon as they are posted, and seen where the poster was banned from Patreon for it.

Reactions: sava75

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The real issue are the super-slow content updates.

There are games that deliver(ed) 5+ hours of content every 1-2 months.
But even the average successful game manages about 1 hour of content per month (not counting Patreon-scams that deliver 1 bugfix per year).
This game is way below average in update speed.
well if has biggish team then can deliver 1-5 hrs of content every month or 2 but as a single dev not that easily.

Reactions: Talmadge

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Nothing a couple of 3090s and batch rendering everything overnight can't fix!
There's a lot of truth to that.
It would also help if I could do this full time. I get a little closer every month.

Another few dozen patrons would allow me to stop working part time gigs (I'm a semi-retired photographer) and be a full time dev.

In any case, I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game.

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
Well, Pixieblink : I love the last update (Chapter 11) like the previous ones. I was near in tears as the beautiful and lovely Jennifer was tortoured to death, and perhaps 'she whas walk in twilight' could save her, but I think sadly not....
Anyway, I see your game like a good TV-Show in the old times: I look forward to each new episode.....
Thank you for this really good game !

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84 and c3p0

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
BTW: Pixieblink : You have a new patreon. I think I like your games so much that it's worth it..... :)
I... actually noticed. Just checked my patreon before logging in here.
Glad you're enjoying the game, and thank you for becoming a patron.

If you have any suggestions for the game please feel free to drop me a line.
Even if it's just to let me know things you like or don't like about the game.

4.20 star(s) 56 Votes