VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 5.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 55 Votes

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Sorry, i was to hasty to judge this game, now i'm starting to undertand what's going on. It's nice.
Glad you are enjoying it. (y) [And if judging things too quickly were a crime then I would be locked up in a max security prison for several lifetimes. :(]

Reactions: FFTW

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Sorry if this question has been asked before. What are the chances that the MC is from the other earth and was sent to earth because he didn't have power. Nathaniel admits his aura is different. When Amber test to see what his power is you see in her eyes Nathaniel and an old man. Also when they were doing the pressure point test he was able to hold out longer than them which surprised them. There was also the company they seemed to have an awareness about the arrival of the girls like they had experienced it before.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Sorry if this question has been asked before. What are the chances that the MC is from the other earth and was sent to earth because he didn't have power. Nathaniel admits his aura is different. When Amber test to see what his power is you see in her eyes Nathaniel and an old man. Also when they were doing the pressure point test he was able to hold out longer than them which surprised them. There was also the company they seemed to have an awareness about the arrival of the girls like they had experienced it before.

I imagine that would be far too big a plot point to just spoil in answering your question

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
I won't say it's impossible but very unlikely. Everyone from the other world has a power due to the nature of that dimension/world, the dev can always make an exception though(maybe he has a hidden power that hasn't been discovered yet). Just who he is and what he has done would make his aura different. He was/is an elite field agent and one of the top ones if he gets so much respect and leeway from the company while not being a part of it anymore. He's had mental and physical training as all field agents get, I believe he was supposed to be a natural at reading and manipulating people which is why he was successful when he was so young, he's also shown he has combat skills. Someone who has been through what he has and survived would have a different aura from your average person. Part of the training of field agents usually involves some sort of pain/mental resistance for interrogation, also some people are more tolerant of pain than others. They were aware of the first group arriving and had teams scouting/searching the area for the disturbance they discovered, they weren't sure what caused it until the second group appeared, by then they had satellites and other "surveillance" in place, which is why they managed to capture one of the girls.

So all in all I'd say it will always be possible if the dev wants it that way but seems unlikely so far. As I stated most of the things you mentioned can be explained by his training and past as an elite field agent for the company. Also if I'm not mistaken Amber is the one who built the device to travel between worlds but there may have been one in the past on the other world.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
So all in all I'd say it will always be possible if the dev wants it that way but seems unlikely so far. As I stated most of the things you mentioned can be explained by his training and past as an elite field agent for the company. Also if I'm not mistaken Amber is the one who built the device to travel between worlds but there may have been one in the past on the other world.
Amber built the device used at the start of the game, but Lucy somehow crossed over to the other world several years before that, and the implication seems to be that Nathaniel traveled here by his own power when he followed the girls. So there are evidently other ways to travel between worlds, and some of them could be old enough to transport the MC to Earth in the past. That said, I agree it is far more likely the MC is native to Earth.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1728821211281.png

Next week I have my last exam for the semester. I'd love to tell you that it's over after this, but I'm afraid things will drag out a bit further. But I can at least promise that it will get better. The last few updates have all taken me a while to produce. I usually give myself 1-3 months for every release, and I've been scratching at the upper limit for this.

I'm not sure about the next release, but the further we get into the future, the more likely you might see an update that only takes two months, or maybe even just one and a half months to produce.

Btw, currently from the 8 exams/papers that are already graded, I only failed one. It was the one where I already thought it might be tough to get through, so it wasn't that much of a surprise. The other seven are really good, considering that you are usually not supposed to do all of these over the course of a single semester. Two grades are still pending, and then there is the last exam next week. Wish me luck.

Even if I fail all of those that are still uncertain, the next semester should still be more lax than the current one. I'd like to be done with most of it before christmas.

Okay, enough about me. What about A Foreign World? I brought out the update last week. The feedback was mostly positive/neutral. There were some errors I missed before putting it out, but all in all it wasn't terrible. It also wasn't an update where many big things were happening storywise.

I'm happy, and (even though I should study) I'm already writing on the next update. It's probably going to be a fun update similar to the last one. Some story, some character development, and hopefully I find a good place for a nice sex scene so people won't get bored.

For now, the scrip is 2,500 words long. I can't really predict how big it will grow. We'll have to wait ans see. But not anytime soon. I'm writing this post on friday knowing I won't work on the game on the weekend. The soonest I can get back to it will probably the upcoming weekend. You'll probably hear from me two weeks after reading this post. Let's see how far I got by then.

I hope you're having a fun fall. Keep your eyes open for future update.

Until then, Enjoy!

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
School is important - no doubt. [Heck, I have taught at least part time for most of my adult life.]

But at this point maybe fewer explanation/excuse posts would be wiser choice for the dev than going back to that same reason for no new update over and over. No news might be better than starting to sound like The Boy Who Cried Exams.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Well... what I'm about to describe is not a single warhead event... granted. As far back as the early to mid 1970's there was a "salt the earth" scenario for an "all out" U.S. nuclear retaliation strike. It was a preprogrammed launch sequence that exploded atomic warheads in the ocean about 3 to 5 miles off the coast of a continent. The effect of this was to vaporize billions of gallons of salt water and lift millions of gallons of strontium 90 (the radio active isotope of salt) into the air at around 15 to 30 thousand feet. There, prevailing winds carried this "fallout" over the land mass over the next several days. At an appointed time, days later, a second launch of high yield nuclear warheads were exploded over the continent at high altitude. The effect of these "air bursts" was two-fold. One, EMP effects knocked out electronics all across the continent. Two, the strontium 90 "fallout" was pushed down to the ground across wide areas of the land mass with a "salting effect". Strontium 90 has a half life of about 30 years. The calculated initial radiation level was such that the entire continent would be uninhabitable to plant or animal life for approximately 1000 years. This "doomsday" scenario was intended to automatically initiate in the event the US was devastated by a "first strike" nuclear attack. It was intended as a, "Fuck you world. If we die, everybody dies", end game.
Whomever thought of/approved that should have been beaten to death, and slowly too, with plenty of slaps. That is beyond f***ing sick. WTF...

Reactions: Issikka and motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Whomever thought of/approved that should have been beaten to death, and slowly too, with plenty of slaps. That is beyond f***ing sick. WTF...
WMD's of all kinds are sick, dude. Nuclear, Biological, Chemical weapons are sick. War is sick. Terrorism is sick. People running around claiming others don't have a right to exist is sick, dude. It's the world we live in... Unfortunately.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
WMD's of all kinds are sick, dude. Nuclear, Biological, Chemical weapons are sick. War is sick. Terrorism is sick. People running around claiming others don't have a right to exist is sick, dude. It's the world we live in... Unfortunately.
Many things are sick, sure, but there is a gigantic, huge, earth sized difference between a nuke obliterating a city and then some years later the city is rebuilt and habitable again (Hiroshima and Nagasaki, who now have over a million and a half living in them) and a nuke that literally makes humans unable to survive for a thousand years, and not only in this city but in this ENTIRE F***ING CONTINENT. Like, nothing is similar between those two scenarios.

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
...difference between a nuke obliterating a city and then some years later the city is rebuilt and habitable again (Hiroshima and Nagasaki, who now have over a million and a half living in them) and a nuke that literally makes humans unable to survive for a thousand years...
Well... Not to the people who were there when it hit. For them it makes no difference whatsoever. I'm not condoning this strategy but, I will say that, back then, these types of scenarios were called MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction. They were not kept secret; at least between those in positions of power. MAD was meant to be a deterrent. Just like your reaction - it was meant to be too awful to think about. Too insane, even for an aggressive nation to consider. The point is not that someone has the biggest stick but, at this level, all the sticks are too big.

My intent, however, was to say that all of it is insane. Crusade, Jihad, good of the nation - none of them are valid reasons for hating and killing on the scale we see every day. It's only a matter of degree. Hopefully, it's not just a matter of time...

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
A Foreign World [Ep. 5.5] [HighbornTiger] - Compressed

Win/Linux [284 MB]
- - - -

Mac [270 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.30 star(s) 55 Votes