3.90 star(s) 18 Votes

cinemaholic

Jun 20, 2017
RenPy? ****, seriously? Why, Sitho, why? This is probably my first comment on the site, lol, because it really hurt me deeply.

A Ghostly Desire is the kind of game that is not ashamed to show in 2023. When the whole forum is filled with 2d-3d novels with terrible models... Sitho, you were like a breath of fresh air. There are VERY few good games on Unity, Unreal Engine etc that are not related to monsters, anime, orcs, comics, lgbt, and other niche things. Just pretty girls. Stunning animations. Normal dick size. Normal breasts, faces etc. Ability to roam the world and explore locations.

Can you name at least 5 such examples where the developers do not milk the players and either finished (after 2020, old games doesn't count) or are still making the game? So Sitho you was one of them.

And now you just erase all your progress and put your creativity in a faceless row of other VN/RenPy crafts. Yes, girl models are not going anywhere, they are still beautiful. But without the RPG part, where the player walks around the locations with or without tips, inventory etc it will not be the same. Hold down Ctrl or download Gallery Unlock mode right away. This is how it will go.

I would love to be wrong. Because I was so happy when I found your game. This is top level content. But now, with the transition to a new engine...

Good luck
~GK

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: hrm and memo_herdez

Sitho

"..more than a game!"
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2020
Hi cinemaholic

I totally understand your point of view actually, but I would like to take the opportunity
to give a small preview, what you can expect for your mentioned points!

As I wrote already in the devlog back then, I wasn't happy with the change!
But I wasn't happy with the problems players have either!
If you scroll through the pages and read what kind of "bugs" people report, it's crazy..
9 out of 10 problems players have, I can't even recreate them to fix,
because there is no problem at all for me or others.
I am not sure, but I still think it's a problem with the VisionaireStudio visualscripting..
so I had three possibilitys:

1. stop making the game (lol of course not)
2. re-doing the game within visionaire with LUA (but no guarantee that it will fix anything)
3. switching the engine to something what will work for a lot (the most) of people

The main goal for me was to re-create it, as close as possible,
to stay the same game as it was like in visionaire.

Sure, MC doesn't walk around anymore, but the adventure-feeling is still there.
Every object which was inspectable is again inspectable again, now in the renpy version.
(even the animated playercharacter sits in the bar like before)
It is still possible to roam around the world, to adventure the door events then!
For several objects it now gives even a better perspective, to see "more of it"
zoomin_interactives.JPG
I already created the foundation for a functional inventory from scratch,
to match as close as possible the "old-one"
..and even the "money-system" is included now (wasn't before in Visionare)
inventory.JPG
until 0.5 the "hold-down-ctrl" mechanic was also possible in A ghostly desire.. it was just "hold-down-w"
I removed it temporarily for 0.6, since it created (already named above) random issues for several players..

It's even better, because old save games will work, a thing that was a pain with Visionaire to get it to work :D

btw: Can you name 5 renpy games, having animated character animations within a regular location? ;-)
(so, I am still "one of them")

..the only thing I really don't like about ren'py is the compiling of data..
even for the current testversion I have everything archived.. but for people "who want to"
it is way to easy to rip apart again..

The good thing in this case is, that my game is stylewise unique enough that a copy will be useless for anyone
who doesn't have the .blend-files or can't copy the style.

Even if it is Renpy, it is still not a random, one of thousends-faceless visual novel.
It's still my point and click adventure game, BUT with very less problems like in the engine before!
(at least, that's what I hope we'll see with alpha 0.7 if it goes public again)
And to be honest, even if I was sceptical before myself, because of Renpy.
It feels really good to play the game as it is now!
Even if I played the "old stuff" like twelvethousend times.. but it feels more kind of "intense"
and more "inside the situation", to have the old "cinematic-images" combined with
the new portraits interacting back and forth!

Thank you for your comment, I hope you'll give it a try and I hope you'll like it!

best
~Sitho

cinemaholic

Jun 20, 2017
Thank you Sitho for taking the time to describe the situation in such detail. Apparently, you really care about your game and it's future, as well as about the players. I am glad that you understand the RPG nuances that I mentioned above, and that this will mostly remain in the game.

As for bugs...Yes, I remember one near the stable (seems to be update 0.5?..At that moment, my player simply could not enter the building, although it was necessary to search the room there).

But I have always treated bugs normally, since a) the game is still in development b) bugs have been fixed. I am surprised that there are really a lot of them and the problem is so serious... In this case, indeed, perhaps switching to another engine was the only right option.

Well, if I were a millionaire, I would be happy to put you on a salary (lol) so that you develop your project. But for now I can only wish you success, I'm sure everything will work out. I will look forward to updates for sure, even if it takes a long time.

Cheers!

fairyglen

Aug 14, 2017
can we get a update of how your going please just to let you know i read your update on 31 march But could you please gave us a update NOW please

Sitho

"..more than a game!"
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2020
The current overview, as since "forever", can always
be seen here: for a more detailed overview,
updated (more or less) daily

current.JPG

the latest update of the current swap was on 06/30/23,
for supporters available on discord and the latest swap
updates are always up to date, on the game

current2.JPG

additional to that, there is a new devlog out since 06/23/23:

which is also linked, since then on the gamethread -> changelogs

planned:

- the full swap of the current alpha 0.6 should be done until end of the month (july)
- after the full swap is done, I'll continue with the further work for alpha 0.7

Last edited:

milfluv69

Dec 28, 2017
Good game so far. Really good realistic milf characters. Only issues is that the English is bad enough that it can sometimes be hard to follow the story and the dev should probably get an English proofreader. Also the MC seems to be way too open to wanting to fuck his mom, I think the story would benefit from more taboo and resistance to those feelings. Taboo is at the core of the incest fetish!

fairyglen

Aug 14, 2017
planned:
- the full swap of the current alpha 0.6 should be done until end of the month (july)
- after the full swap is done, I'll continue with the further work for alpha 0.7

So we're is ren'ply 6

Sitho

"..more than a game!"
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2020
planned:

So we're is ren'ply 6
since aug 2nd, it's available in the discord supporter-info channel
the first 'public' renpy-version will be 0.7

Reactions: Ara-sH

Sitho

"..more than a game!"
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2020
Ooof...

Considering the last update was over 7 months ago, that is not a lot of progress
Yeah you're right, even if you consider, I "wasted" over 4 month of it, redoing the last 2 years of work completely from scratch for having it in the new engine, that every player could may have a smoother and more problem free experience while playing the game.. and that completely free to play for everyone..
it really is an unacceptable impertinence!! I am so sorry about that!
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

3.90 star(s) 18 Votes