3.50 star(s) 2 Votes
Apr 13, 2024
Only had a quick go and jumped out once it got to the visiting different rooms. Character models look stunning and will look forward to trying this after a few more updates. Good luck dev.

Reactions: SecretArcade

SecretArcade

Formerly 'NinonGaming'
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2023
That's true, I unlocked "rollback" (using a mod) and there was a problem with the last quest (done, but still active).

By the way: these tasks turned out to be unnecessarily difficult. Why? because:
- rollback doesn't work (RenPy, so there are mods for such problems)
- you don't display names during conversation
So if you miss/don't remember, you don't even know who you're talking to. For now, it's not a problem, because you have literally a few characters in the game. Think about what will happen later, with a dozen or so NPCs.

Does using [renpy.block_rollback] do the same things?
instruction "renpy.block_rollback" is also not a perfect solution to these types of problems! There is always something somewhere that works "almost".

My opinion? In most VNs, all this "sandbox" and "freeroaming" only makes the gameplay longer or grindy. Or both.
Maybe someone needs it, I don't know, I'm not an expert. Mostly negligible without harming the plot and the overall quality of the game.

Good luck and have fun!
Hey. Thanks for the feedback. I tried to make the free-roaming part as easy as possible. Next release will have a much better and smoother UI and I will enable rollback. My current plan is that each chapter will be a mix of visual novel sections and free-roaming. Regarding character name I intend only to display the portraits. Are the portraits not visible for you?

vonamatas

Jun 23, 2021
Are the portraits not visible for you?
The portraits don't have names on them, they are useless to me because you use names in the description of the quest, not portraits.
There is also no lexicon / character overview that would allow one to connect the portrait with the name.
As I wrote previously - with a few characters it is only a little inconvenient, with a dozen or so it will be worse.

For non-English speakers, even FancyFont in the journal is a problem.
I don't speak English, so ...

SecretArcade

Formerly 'NinonGaming'
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2023
The portraits don't have names on them, they are useless to me because you use names in the description of the quest, not portraits.
There is also no lexicon / character overview that would allow one to connect the portrait with the name.
As I wrote previously - with a few characters it is only a little inconvenient, with a dozen or so it will be worse.

For non-English speakers, even FancyFont in the journal is a problem.
I don't speak English, so ...
Thank you for clarification. Will consider adding names and take into consideration some improvements for people that don't speak English.

JeffisZac

Apr 1, 2019
Good first release, short but simple in terms of letting us know vaguely what the game is going to be like/about. And as others have said obviously there are some issues right now but i am looking forward to what will be done in future updates and putting this one on the watchlist. GL SecretArcade (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: SecretArcade
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes