Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
The thing is, devs owes us nothing. This is a piracy site first and foremost. So when i see people bitch and moan like we are entitled to devs work. If people pay then they can bitch and moan all they want, but we get free content here so i don't understand the entitlement.
Did you pay use this site, sir? I doubt that so could you please stop bitching and moaning about what other people write? You can read our messages for free and nobody owes you anything.

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Did you pay use this site, sir? I doubt that so could you please stop bitching and moaning about what other people write? You can read our messages for free and nobody owes you anything.
I did in ads. Not to mention i'm not crying and moaning about free shit i get. I don't want to see more devs scared away because some dipshits bitch and moan about free stuff they get or when dev caters towards paying people.

Last edited:

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Id in ads. Not to mention i'm not crying and moaning about free shit i get. I don't want to see more devs scared away because some dipshits bitch and moan about free stuff they get or when dev caters towards paying people.
Well, there goes your whole argument.
Why are even any devs coming here in the first place if it's such a detriment for all their work? Free advertisment.
Nobody would've made it if it wasn't for sites like these, you can't deny it.
So unless you wanna make another argument about ads being on a spectrum, so if somebody enjoys an ad in any way then it stops being that and becomes content, which is pretty stupid. Then an ad is an ad no matter what. And we're all paying customers here whether you like it or not.

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Well, there goes your whole argument.
Why are even any devs coming here in the first place if it's such a detriment for all their work? Free advertisment.
Nobody would've made it if it wasn't for sites like these, you can't deny it.
In exchange for a bit of exposure, devs provide content. Nothing from this arrangement entitles people to whine and moan about getting updates, not getting what they want or no liking parts pf the content.

So unless you wanna make another argument about ads being on a spectrum, so if somebody enjoys an ad in any way then it stops being that and becomes content, which is pretty stupid. Then an ad is an ad no matter what.
Again devs provide content in exchange of exposure, any thing else is up to them.

Mind, i'm talking about devs themselves providing things here, not someone leaking and uploading stuff here.

And we're all paying customers here whether you like it or not.
No, we are potential costumers. Think like a trial phase of software, you get limited demo and if you want to full experience pay up.
If devs take any kind of advice from here thats up to them.

Reactions: Ludvinae

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
No, we are potential costumers. Think like a trial phase of software, you get limited demo and if you want to full experience pay up.
If devs take any kind of advice from here thats up to them.
Fair point, only that it applies when there's finished product behind the paywall, not just another demo.
When that's the case then the whole development cycle is part of the experience.

So how do you judge when it's valid criticism from a paying customer and when it's not?
Only if you see it through? What if somebody drops out after a month or two because they are not happy with how it's going?
Should we all just stay quiet untill the whole game is completed? Probably not.
Do you have to stay actively subscribed in order to be mad at anything? Kinda silly if you ask me.
So then, if you can subscribe for a month, drop out and that makes you eligible for shitting on an entire year of development after that, what difference does it make how much you paid, or if you did at all.
You can try to put a filter on that but you will always fail. It's the internet, the only influence you have on it is soloely on your end.

Reactions: jamonserrano

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Fair point, only that it applies when there's finished product behind the paywall, not just another demo.
When that's the case then the whole development cycle is part of the experience.
People pay for what they decide is worth it, that is what perks devs patreon/subscribestar/whateverelse provide. If it changes ,state the issue to the dev and/or drop the sub.

So how do you judge when it's valid criticism from a paying customer and when it's not?
Only if you see it through? What if somebody drops out after a month or two because they are not happy with how it's going?
That's for better or worse up to dev to decide.

Should we all just stay quiet untill the whole game is completed? Probably not.
Do you have to stay actively subscribed in order to be mad at anything? Kinda silly if you ask me.
There is a difference between valid criticisms and "REE WHEN UPDATE? WHY SO SHORT UPDATE? REE MILKING!". Be mad, but take in consideration that people are getting this for free.

So then, if you can subscribe for a month, drop out and that makes you eligible for shitting on an entire year of development after that, what difference does it make how much you paid, or if you did at all.
You can try to put a filter on that but you will always fail. It's the internet, the only influence you have on it is soloely on your end.
In perfect world everyone gets a vote, but this isn't a perfect world. So paying costumers first. Or just vote with you wallet and don't buy/support.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
People pay for what they decide is worth it, that is what perks devs patreon/subscribestar/whateverelse provide. If it changes ,state the issue to the dev and/or drop the sub.
That's for better or worse up to dev to decide.
There is a difference between valid criticisms and "REE WHEN UPDATE? WHY SO SHORT UPDATE? REE MILKING!". Be mad, but take in consideration that people are getting this for free.
I think you're missing my point here, i don't care about the devs in this discussion. These forums aren't a tool for them to gather feedback. It can be usefull for them to a degree but that's beside the whole point.
I'm talking soloely from a perspective of a potential paying customer or simply a player.

And when i'm talking about valid criticism i don't mean how it's conducted and what it's about but more as being validated by your credit card bill which is the whole point of this discussion and why i'm disagreeing with you.

xTEDDYx

Mar 23, 2022
my personal feed back as a player 7-10 for characters 5-10 for setting 0-10 for the skill/dice mechanic. characters are good i feel like the mc could be made alittle more attractive the setting is great but feels empty would like to see the character in the house more would enjoy some weather ambience. the skill/dice thing i felt absolutely unnecessary confusing and overall just was not a welcomed feature. "just my personal views dont give me no shit if you dont like it not attack anyone here this is just my feeling as a average player".

ich0

Dec 14, 2018
I like this website and I like to discuss things. And if a developer of a game is giving us feedback in this forum; I am giving them some slack, because this gives a lot of opportunities (if they dont break a promise).

Reactions: Ludvinae

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
So I enjoy this game, but the whole cooking/shopping bit sucks. With avn's, these types of things hurt the overall experience, not helps. Add in being VERY unclear what we need to buy whenever we go food shopping, and it just isn't a viable mechanic.

taru

Apr 23, 2018
makes me happy when this game gets updated and honestly i hope all those kinks are added

Last edited:
Reactions: Cakemixgod

taru

Apr 23, 2018
It's mainly just to cheat with the background selection and enable the dev console. If you want to give yourself more money, press Shift+O in-game, type DesertHouse.AddMoney( 999999 ) , or whatever value you'd like, and press Enter.
is that the exact way to type it in cause i just cant get it to work

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
is that the exact way to type it in cause i just cant get it to work
I don't think I've tested it myself, I just based it on what I saw in the code. But theoretically, you should just have to put
DesertHouse.AddMoney( 999999 )
into the console.

3.00 star(s) 34 Votes