DSTORQUE

Dec 10, 2017
Hot damn the development of this game is going poorly.

I've adjusted my initial score from Feb from 4 stars to 2 stars. The game's premise and visuals are amazing, but the gameplay is terrible and the development is ridiculously slow.

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Hot damn the development of this game is going poorly.

I've adjusted my initial score from Feb from 4 stars to 2 stars. The game's premise and visuals are amazing, but the gameplay is terrible and the development is ridiculously slow.
Ah damn, hear that guys? DSTORQUE deducted 2 points from his review because the development was going too slow for him... Guess I should move my ass and work faster then!

...Seriously... what do you want me to make of this :LOL:

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Simple facts are "bitching and moaning" now! Fine :rolleyes:
Any one with good faith would notice he's behaving like a spoiled little child, but I have stopped expecting good faith on this forum a long time ago. You're no exception.

And by all means, if those are *simple* facts: feel free to enlighten us with your extensive knowledge about gamemaking... Since he posted his comment a few hours after my latest progress report, I'm asumming he based his comment on that, so feel free to base your opinion on that too...

And if the task proves too hard for you, feel free to turn into a facepalm-react bro as well :)

cooties69

Jul 3, 2022
Out of curiosity, are there currently any news updates on development? I'm not trying to rush, I'm just asking. If there's none at this time that's cool.

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Out of curiosity, are there currently any news updates on development? I'm not trying to rush, I'm just asking. If there's none at this time that's cool.
I publish progress reports every 10 days on my Subscribestar page, and I have ever since I published 0.1 to a small group of people on Discord a while back :p

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
I personally like where this game could be headed. I like the renders and characters.

The Cooking and buying stuff for it ruins the game imo. I have zero interest in this over-complicated nonsense. We need a mod to cheat it and actually enjoy the rest of the game.

The in game "walkthrough" needs to be more specific and give more info.

Some scenes just...happen. Would be nice to know how to get them to happen. Maybe in the Gallery if you click a question mark it gives you a hint in when or how it happens.

The scenes need to be clickable, meaning when you click they progress, not force you to watch clips until they finish.

The bathroom mini-game, allow us to rollback there so we can save before we attempt it.

When you have done all quests and content for the game or update, the game needs a pop-up telling you so.

Last edited:

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
The Cooking and buying stuff for it ruins the game imo. I have zero interest in this over-complicated nonsense. We need a mod to cheat it and actually enjoy the rest of the game.
So the cooking and errands are a problem for you.
The cooking is optional as Mom does it for you when there are ingredients.
The errands are optional as you can ask Eve to do it for you (since the latest version).
So... What exactly is the issue here?

The in game "walkthrough" needs to be more specific and give more info.
The task labels are already pretty specific... Same as before, if you could pinpoint what the issue was, or in this case what particular task(s) caused you issues, that would be great.

The scenes need to be clickable, meaning when you click they progress, not force you to watch clips until they finish.
The latest update implemented "scene skip" buttons for the 2 unskippable sequences in the game. So again, please tell me what you're refering to, and make sure you were playing the latest version (0.3.1). Thank you.

Last edited:

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
So the cooking and errands are a problem for you.
The cooking is optional as Mom does it for you when there are ingredients.
The errands are optional as you can ask Eve to do it for you (since the latest version).
So... What exactly is the issue here?
No, it's not really optional because if you don't do it you miss out on content and quick scenes. The game CLEARLY tells you to learn how to cook. Correct? So. Any content that has scenes or even quick pics is NOT optional. If you don't do it, you miss out on content. So, the cooking is not really optional. Not imo. The cooking just needs to be simplified is all. For example, have the recipe on screen at the store, click on the recipe and it puts all the food for that recipe in your cart to make it so you don't have to buy everything individually. Done. Easy.

Yes. Eve is on the sofa to go to run errands, you just tell her to leave and go do errands. It doesn't say what the heck she is doing. If she is going shopping, then it should say she is going shopping and what she is buying.

The task labels are already pretty specific... Same as before, if you could pinpoint what the issue was, or in this case what particular task(s) caused you issues, that would be great.
One example. At the beginning when it says to explore the house, it doesn't say "Go Look for the Attic". I wandered around over and over and never found the attic, so did not know what to do. I only read about it on here to find out about it. I don't want to set clicking over every area of places to find what I am supposed to find. The game should tell you exactly.

Any scene that happens needs to happen with some kid of warning or knowledge of how to make it happen.

The latest update implemented "scene skip" buttons for the 2 unskippable sequences in the game. So again, please tell me what you're refering to, and make sure you were playing the latest version (0.3.1). Thank you.
The masturbation in bed scene for example. You cant click to progress it, you have to set and watch the animation. That's the kind of thing I am talking about. What I suggest is that you have the animation going but also have text clickable for conversation while the animation is going. Many other renpy games do that and it works better.

Furthermore, if people have to rely on mods to make the game enjoyable, because this game is much better with the 3 mods available, then the mods should be part of the game already. Just simply give people the choice to turn them off or on. Playing a game is something people do for fun. Fun being the key word here.

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
No, it's not really optional because if you don't do it you miss out on content and quick scenes. The game CLEARLY tells you to learn how to cook. Correct? So. Any content that has scenes or even quick pics is NOT optional. If you don't do it, you miss out on content. So, the cooking is not really optional. Not imo. The cooking just needs to be simplified is all. For example, have the recipe on screen at the store, click on the recipe and it puts all the food for that recipe in your cart to make it so you don't have to buy everything individually. Done. Easy.
I'll see what I can do about that.

One example. At the beginning when it says to explore the house, it doesn't say "Go Look for the Attic". I wandered around over and over and never found the attic, so did not know what to do. I only read about it on here to find out about it. I don't want to set clicking over every area of places to find what I am supposed to find. The game should tell you exactly.
This one actually infuriates me. The first screen you're ever greeted with when going out of your bedroom tells you exactly where to click, with a big dotted circle and a big arrow pointing at it:

Capture d'écran 2023-12-29 153104.png
Sorry but if you still can't find the attic after that, there's nothing more I can do for you. Except maybe color the arrow in red.
The screen needs the player to click a "continue" button, too. So you *actively* have to ignore the message to not know where to click... So for that one, I'm at loss. If you know what I'm doing wrong please share, but I'm *not* making the font any bigger :LOL:

The masturbation in bed scene for example. You cant click to progress it, you have to set and watch the animation. That's the kind of thing I am talking about. What I suggest is that you have the animation going but also have text clickable for conversation while the animation is going. Many other renpy games do that and it works better.
Yes, this is probably due to the fact that I make "pseudo" animations, not animations. I code those pseudo-animations (which are basically 3 renders) in a very basic and barbaric way, and I'll probably improve that system in the future.

Furthermore, if people have to rely on mods to make the game enjoyable, because this game is much better with the 3 mods available, then the mods should be part of the game already. Just simply give people the choice to turn them off or on. Playing a game is something people do for fun. Fun being the key word here.
The 3 mods that I know about are the infinite money one, the not time-skip work one, and the gallery mod. I'm assuming you're refering to those 3.
Currently you don't need more than the starting hundred bucks to see all the events. The players are not supposed to guess that, so I can see why someone would grind in hopes to keep the mood up and see more events, that's fair.
One I failed to see though was the fact that players would be worried to miss events as they were working on the computer and time was passing.
This was actually pointed out to me by Spanky himself IIRC, who made that mod. This is actually not possible to miss events while working, as important event that are scheduled with trigger automatically on their schedule even if you're working, and other events you can just trigger regularly by talking to characters.
It's hard to guess those things from the player's point of view when you're the dev, so that's where actually good, constructive feedback helps. Sadly on here I rarely (not never!) get this constructive feedback, and some people will even reduce their feedback as low as 2 words (and feel smart afterwards).
The gallery mod is an obvious net positive of course, but it's not something I can just poop out. It requires time to make, and I just haven't had time to make it yet. Spanky has actually been kind enough to take from his own time to make it. Maybe I'll link it in along with 0.4 when it's ready, and if Spanky is generous enough to update it. Or maybe I'll update it myself. Who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Birdnman993

Fis

Sep 6, 2018
I tried this game out not to long ago and it felt like I was making no progress. When I redownload the game is it going feel the way same way? Genuine question no hate love the game design

Aspy62

Jun 15, 2023
My corridor only shows Riley, Emily, Bathroom and my room. How do I find Eve and the mother and are there any scenes in any of these rooms apart from the MC

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
My corridor only shows Riley, Emily, Bathroom and my room. How do I find Eve and the mother and are there any scenes in any of these rooms apart from the MC
When you're at the corridor, there is a button at the bottom of the screen to go downstairs. Press LALT if you have trouble finding it.
There are no scenes in those bedrooms yet.

Reactions: Aspy62
Feb 20, 2022
So, after the telephone call with the former owner and the credits scene, you're through all the quests, right?
Really like the game, has immense potential, but if all there's left is to run in place to see a few scenes, I'd rather wait until it's further along with its narrative.

3.00 star(s) 34 Votes