Jan 5, 2022
For people wanting to cheat in the console use the command: DesertHouse.Treasury = 1000 (dont make the amount too big since that for some reason breaks the game, when shopping)

Reactions: jbchill

Batmanbatmann

Feb 10, 2018
Just tried to load the mod and it is throwing errors with a lot of lines being listed twice.

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label scheduleHandler is defined twice, at File "Events/HomeSchedule.rpyc", line 51:

and File "game/Events/HomeSchedule.rpy", line 51:

The label _call_EVTCHK_EmilyBathTime is defined twice, at File "Events/HomeSchedule.rpyc", line 53:

and File "game/Events/HomeSchedule.rpy", line 53:

and it continues
Killed the game.

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
Three mods by Spanky from this game's Discord server. (If you want to make requests, join the Discord and ask yourself.)
Put them in the "game" folder for version 0.3.1.

The Gallery can be accessed from the main menu and the in-game menu. The scenes unlock when you see them in game, or if you click the unlock button inthe gallery.
For the GiveMoney mod, there is a button that looks like "+$" beside the money display on the main HUD. It adds $100 each time its clicked up to $10000.
If you prefer to get the stats from working while also getting money and not have to worry about time, you can use NoTimeJob which adds a button that says "Cheat for 1 hour" on the working screen which makes you work for 1 hour but time does not pass.

Make sure developer mode is disabled or you'll get error messages.

Update: 2023-11-21
Added cheek smooch to gallery. How lewd!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019
So a few gripes. 2 miles from the nearest city is nothing, especially in Texas (where I am from). In fact that would be an amazing drive to get to Houston from where I live considering the drive to downtown is 32 miles away and that drive isn't bad at all. Also, if the game is set in Texas why is the temperature in Celsius? I have the feeling that the creator isn't from America lol. Final issue, the square footage of the house is not 121. That is literally nothing at all. For example, this is a 121 sqft tiny house. The house in game is closer to being 1000 sqft, maybe a little smaller.
image_2023-11-17_233830333.png

Last edited:

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
So a few gripes. 2 miles from the nearest city is nothing, especially in Texas (where I am from). In fact that would be an amazing drive to get to Houston from where I live considering the drive to downtown is 32 miles away and that drive isn't bad at all. Also, if the game is set in Texas why is the temperature in Celsius? I have the feeling that the creator isn't from America lol. Final issue, the square footage of the house is not 121. That is literally nothing at all. For example, this is a 121 sqft tiny house. The house in game is closer to being 1000 sqft, maybe a little smaller.
View attachment 3095754
Yes, you caught me. I'm a metric user. :BootyTime:

The 2 miles were intended to be a realistic challenge for Alice. I've personally had to cross about 2 miles (and back) every day for a set period of time, and while this wasn't a challenge for me, I could imagine it being a challenge for an out-of-shape nerd like Alice, especially in the desert heat, especially with loads of errands to carry. I will probably increase this value in the future though, as I agree that reading "2" doesn't feel particularly isolated.

While the value is in Celsius by default (I felt like it would be better for the players to see the value that's used for the game's calculations) there was at some point a little conversion method implemented in the game (you just had to click the temp value and the display would switch). I don't remember why I disabled it, it was probably a temporary measure when I was working on the new weather system, but I guess I forgot to re-enable it. My bad.

The 121 sqft is probably an other fuck up on my side when I made the conversions, as 121 square METERS sounds like a realistic value for the house.

So yeah, I guess I have a fictional craigslist ad to edit, lol.

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
There are 2 scenes in the gallery right now, correct? Don't know if I'm finished for this version.
Depends on how many scenes Spanky has put in the gallery mod. Right now the scenes are: Alice's masturbation (available from the bed), Sister's tease event (happens right after Stanley's second call), Riley's shower peek event, Angelina's movie night and the dream scene that follows, and the sister's tease dream event (happens at night right after seeing the sister's tease event).

Reactions: henry-chinaski

szerepelek

Sep 11, 2017
Putting this game on hold. 0.3.1 version and it asks for restarting the game again after restarting in the version 0.3b. Never seen anything like this before where you need to discard yours saves after every single update.

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
I know this is a management game but is there a way to use cheats ?
There were some cheats shared here at some point if I'm not mistaken. You can also join my Discord, Spanky shares his mods there on the general channel.

AwooHarpy

Jan 27, 2018
Seeing a lot of people bashing the management mechanics so I figured I'd throw my two cents in.
Right now, the state of the game proves to be a powerful framework to support content, but not much content actually being supported. That means two things.

One, the mechanics are disproportionately complex. Stats that don't do anything, lots of planning and math for no real purpose or gain. I'm not saying the mechanics are too complex in a vacuum, but the complexity doesn't feel warranted for what you get out of them. The fact that there are 4 servings of mozzarella in a block that costs $5 and weighs 0.5 kg means nothing when there's no meals that use mozzarella, and even if there were, cooking that meal would have basically no unique effects. Listening in on the bedrooms is four separate dice checks for a lot of clicking that ultimately amounts to nothing. So it all feels like bloat, not interesting mechanics.

Two, a big empty world in which events could happen anywhere, but don't. If you don't know what events are available to see (and the game doesn't tell you about events that aren't on the main quest), you could find yourself compulsively checking every room "just in case" and never find anything new. Which is tedious and unrewarding.

Again, I'm not saying this framework is inherently a bad thing. If development continues, there may come a point where these mechanics are valuable to support the level of content in the game. I look forward to that day. But right now, the power and complexity of the framework promises a lot but does not deliver.

3.00 star(s) 34 Votes