twiz4

Oct 28, 2019
This game definitely suffers from too much attention to the individual pieces, rather than the game as a whole. It's like a dinner with a bunch of good sides that don't go together at all.

OmegaLord has a good response earlier in the thread, but I'd like to add my own opinion as well:

-I really do not like the layout of the house. Everything feels odd and counterintuitive to me. Maybe an overhead map to reference would help to navigate.

-There's a lot of empty space in the sandbox layout. There's maybe one interactive component worthwhile in each hour, but some have none. You have to skip time a good amount, and that's just a click on a number on the top menu. You could use the time for work, but again, the time restraints are an issue when you'd rather be trying to interact with people/events. Right now as a player, I want to keep checking areas for content, but I keep going to a useless basement, an attic with clickables that do nothing after a short while, or interacting with bedrooms that offer nothing.

-The money system basically requires you to waste a day or two in a row to accomplish the task without missing the deadline. You *could* take a break and come back, but that's too much worry to put up with. Especially with other worries, such as...

-Food resources. Annoying. A better explanation of getting involved with cooking, and what food is worth buying based on your recipes, would go a long way. But this system coupled with the frequent work needed to earn money leaves you too focused on work and food to do much else. (EDIT: I saw in another response that there's more to be added here for purchasing food based on recipes, which would be big.)

-Being forced to go to Eve to buy things in a 1-hour window is brutal, especially with the website available to see the upgrade products, but not purchase them. Either Eve needs to be more available to buy things, or there needs to be a one-time cut-scene where she gives her blessing for you to do as you please, then buy from the website.

-Adding the remote tax is just a kick in the gut.

-I like the idea of managing the Heat/AC, but the Auto feature doesn't seem to work, and there's not a good indicator of what's too hot. I'll see the sisters on the couch upset about the heat, but the temp won't be in red like it would be in blue if it's too cold. Also, placing the Heat/AC on/off switches on the top-of-screen menu would help a lot.

-The mom photos I really don't understand since it doesn't seem like we can do anything there, but I'm guessing that's coming later.

-Quests like Juggernaughty1 (I think I got that right...) are frustrating when you have to get through several days to complete it. Allowing players to review by the next hour I think would help the progress there, so that you could ideally complete the photos in one day, rather than skipping through days just to finish one quest. Maybe this gets better when more content is added so there's more to do in the day, but right now it's a nuisance.

Now, all that said, I want to add some positives:

-The game is pretty unique in premise an mechanics. You really do get to be a house manager, trying to take care of the home and your family, when you're forced to move out to the middle of Nowhere.

-Each girl has her own style and personality without being one note, plus there's some solid humor, and you can see a smidgen of character development with Riley and Eve. Stanley is also great, classic old man gooner with a heart.

-The menu offering schedules is *really* nice, instead of trying to figure out and remember that stuff on your own.

-The little interactives, like Emily watching cars go by, that don't take up time are appreciated. They add good flavor and character to the family.

-The story itself, what we have of it, is interesting and I do look forward to seeing it through.

In my own fapper opinion, I think we need to see more complete content up front, rather than adding more unfinished content. More finished quests and sexual content earlier on to keep players interested, and feel like the game is flowing properly. Again, there's lots of good in here, particularly with the individual characters, but it's not going together well, and bringing some of the pieces together to show a developing product rather than adding more pieces to the puzzle would go a long way.

Remember that we don't make posts like this unless we see something that we know can be good, so keep at it, Misarmor! You have the makings of a quality game here.

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
It makes perfect sense. So I will pre-school it for you.

-Devs are concerned with keeping people playing their games longer, not shorter. The focus is not about having fun anymore, that much has become very apparent in more recent years. Those grindy things keep people in the game, playtime is longer. If you knew anything about the gaming industry you would know this. Ubisoft for instance, they have staff that go through games trying to figure ways out to keep people in the game playing. Many companies have these kind of staff. Genshin Impact for example does. And, what are most of those things they add to the game? GRIND. Flat out. Don't tell me you fail to understand that grind keeps people in the game?
They don't care if you WANT to stay in the game, they care that the game forces you to stay in the game with grindy mechanics. You said it is boring, they don't care. They want you playing longer, that's what they care about. Not having fun. Playing longer. "Look our game takes 100 hrs to complete" even though half of that is grind. Understand now? Don't tell me you are that dense. So yes, in the end they do focus on making games more boring, whether you like it or believe it or not, because they literally have staff that focus on adding boring things (grind) to the game to keep you playing longer. Period.

End of line.
All of what you typed only applies to live service games. VNs aren't live service games. You don't need to possess knowledge of the gaming industry to understand the difference of priorities in Live service player retention and and single purchase buy to play games. For example, after you give From Soft $60 for Armored Core, why the fuck would they care if you played the game for 7000 OR 7 hours? Why would DrPinkCake care if you played BeingADik for 1000 hours or 1 hour, once he's already been paid from the steam purchase? There's no actual benefit to the dev of a Vn to create "boring" content as the point isn't to keep players in the game, it's to draw new players into the game. So adding grindy mechanics does the opposite of both what the VN dev would potentially want/need, and the player wants. It's a lose lose for both sides when a VN devs add grindy mechanics, and deters potential supporters into waiting for the free pirated version instead.

Marshall343

Feb 12, 2018
Question, is the content involving the aunt avoidable or mandatory? Personally I'm not into Futa on Futa, I know it's not in the tags but I also don't like the idea of the aunt fucking the girls the MC is pursuing (not a fan of NTR)

Reactions: Raizen84

odbpm

Apr 18, 2020
making Eve futa only gives me ntr vibes, let me guess Alice works her ass off and bring the money to the house, so that Eve can have all the fun :ROFLMAO: im out

Marcus_S

Jul 30, 2017
Question, is the content involving the aunt avoidable or mandatory? Personally I'm not into Futa on Futa, I know it's not in the tags but I also don't like the idea of the aunt fucking the girls the MC is pursuing (not a fan of NTR)
making Eve futa only gives me ntr vibes, let me guess Alice works her ass off and bring the money to the house, so that Eve can have all the fun :ROFLMAO: im out
Should we wait for NTR? and are there plans to make good animations in the scenes?
Has anyone read the second screen with GIANT red text?
1721055953076.png

Sharing - optional.

Also, from a trusted source I've heard Misamor only plans adding really janky and shit animation, so sorry, but there are no plans on adding good animations.

• Haha
Reactions: restar and Misarmor

Kazutoyo

Oct 8, 2020
The characters, story and graphics are really good, it's unfortunate that the gameplay is so boring and tedious.

It might come to a surprise to some, but when playing an erotic game I'm looking for hot scenes and a good fapping time, not doing virtual house chores I do enough of in real life. Also, reading this it seems like I've had missed a scene with Eve. Had no idea such scene existed, spent a lot of boring time checking various rooms at different times but still missed it, wonder what else I might have missed.

Anyway, good luck dev, you're clearly very talented even if your focus is IMO a bit misdirected. Games don't need grind to be fun, quite the opposite, games without grind are refreshing and a joy.

Raizen84

Jun 20, 2017
This game definitely suffers from too much attention to the individual pieces, rather than the game as a whole. It's like a dinner with a bunch of good sides that don't go together at all.

OmegaLord has a good response earlier in the thread, but I'd like to add my own opinion as well:

-I really do not like the layout of the house. Everything feels odd and counterintuitive to me. Maybe an overhead map to reference would help to navigate.

-There's a lot of empty space in the sandbox layout. There's maybe one interactive component worthwhile in each hour, but some have none. You have to skip time a good amount, and that's just a click on a number on the top menu. You could use the time for work, but again, the time restraints are an issue when you'd rather be trying to interact with people/events. Right now as a player, I want to keep checking areas for content, but I keep going to a useless basement, an attic with clickables that do nothing after a short while, or interacting with bedrooms that offer nothing.

-The money system basically requires you to waste a day or two in a row to accomplish the task without missing the deadline. You *could* take a break and come back, but that's too much worry to put up with. Especially with other worries, such as...

-Food resources. Annoying. A better explanation of getting involved with cooking, and what food is worth buying based on your recipes, would go a long way. But this system coupled with the frequent work needed to earn money leaves you too focused on work and food to do much else. (EDIT: I saw in another response that there's more to be added here for purchasing food based on recipes, which would be big.)

-Being forced to go to Eve to buy things in a 1-hour window is brutal, especially with the website available to see the upgrade products, but not purchase them. Either Eve needs to be more available to buy things, or there needs to be a one-time cut-scene where she gives her blessing for you to do as you please, then buy from the website.

-Adding the remote tax is just a kick in the gut.

-I like the idea of managing the Heat/AC, but the Auto feature doesn't seem to work, and there's not a good indicator of what's too hot. I'll see the sisters on the couch upset about the heat, but the temp won't be in red like it would be in blue if it's too cold. Also, placing the Heat/AC on/off switches on the top-of-screen menu would help a lot.

-The mom photos I really don't understand since it doesn't seem like we can do anything there, but I'm guessing that's coming later.

-Quests like Juggernaughty1 (I think I got that right...) are frustrating when you have to get through several days to complete it. Allowing players to review by the next hour I think would help the progress there, so that you could ideally complete the photos in one day, rather than skipping through days just to finish one quest. Maybe this gets better when more content is added so there's more to do in the day, but right now it's a nuisance.

Now, all that said, I want to add some positives:

-The game is pretty unique in premise an mechanics. You really do get to be a house manager, trying to take care of the home and your family, when you're forced to move out to the middle of Nowhere.

-Each girl has her own style and personality without being one note, plus there's some solid humor, and you can see a smidgen of character development with Riley and Eve. Stanley is also great, classic old man gooner with a heart.

-The menu offering schedules is *really* nice, instead of trying to figure out and remember that stuff on your own.

-The little interactives, like Emily watching cars go by, that don't take up time are appreciated. They add good flavor and character to the family.

-The story itself, what we have of it, is interesting and I do look forward to seeing it through.

In my own fapper opinion, I think we need to see more complete content up front, rather than adding more unfinished content. More finished quests and sexual content earlier on to keep players interested, and feel like the game is flowing properly. Again, there's lots of good in here, particularly with the individual characters, but it's not going together well, and bringing some of the pieces together to show a developing product rather than adding more pieces to the puzzle would go a long way.

Remember that we don't make posts like this unless we see something that we know can be good, so keep at it, Misarmor! You have the makings of a quality game here.
You are absolutely right, the grind system can be simplified so that it is not so annoying.

The money system would be shorter by only working 2 hours, 4 hours or 8 hours with their respective amounts, thus eliminating all job offers that ask you to do it in a certain number of hours or days and, at the same time, your reputation.

The food system, the purchase of ingredients and the system of the amount or weight that the character can carry (the latter removed) all ingredients are simplified to say how much ingredient or food you want to buy and in the kitchen say how much cooking and the amount of ingredients or food, lower, for example, 5/5 to 4/5 and eliminating the favorite dishes for each character would greatly reduce the grind

Reactions: Misarmor

Marshall343

Feb 12, 2018
Has anyone read the second screen with GIANT red text?
View attachment 3833859

Sharing - optional.

Also, from a trusted source I've heard Misamor only plans adding really janky and shit animation, so sorry, but there are no plans on adding good animations.
Sharing and NTR are two very different things, also it still doesn't answer if futa on futa is optional, of course Futa is going to be non-optional because the MC is futa

Reactions: Misarmor and odbpm

Raizen84

Jun 20, 2017
From what you can see, unfortunately that is the direction the developer is aiming for, so I will wait one or two updates to see if this is the case, I will say goodbye to this game. So much effort that the MC makes to get other Futanari to fuck the others and at the same time her and being a slave LOL hahaha it's not my thing. I have already seen a lot of this, example in Cara in Creekmaw where they do not let the protagonist be dominant and let her be the one who fucks

Raizen84

Jun 20, 2017
Sharing and NTR are two very different things, also it still doesn't answer if futa on futa is optional, of course Futa is going to be non-optional because the MC is futa
I could enter the option: do you want the MC to be the only futunari in the game, NTR or do you want to share your romantic interests with others, although here the developer would have to create several scenes, for those who want NTR, share or Alpha mode where the protagonist is the let it penetrate everyone and don't touch her hahaha

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
From what you can see, unfortunately that is the direction the developer is aiming for, so I will wait one or two updates to see if this is the case, I will say goodbye to this game. So much effort that the MC makes to get other Futanari to fuck the others and at the same time her and being a slave LOL hahaha it's not my thing. I have already seen a lot of this, example in Cara in Creekmaw where they do not let the protagonist be dominant and let her be the one who fucks
You anti-NTR guys really are something else. Making entire NTR scenarios up to hurt your own imagination is a level of Anti-NTRing I've never seen before :LOL:
Raizen my dude, how can you believe this guy when Marcus_S provided you with a screenshot clearly stating that sharing (Not even NTR!) will be optional? You just provided me with great feedback, please don't ruin all your street-cred now :LOL:

I've talked a lot about sharing and NTR before as it was a big point of discussion at some point. The girls were originally supposed to become basically whores under the corruption of Alice. They're still supposed to become sex workers, but actual sex with other people was made optional since then. Now if you dislike sharing, you can just make them camgirls (generic term, I just mean look-but-don't-touch routes) if you prefer it that way.

About Eve, I actually made a public poll a while ago to gauge people's feeling towards sharing her with Angelina (the mom). People were overwhelmingly positive (more than 80% IIRC) towards allowing Eve to have sex with Angelina, on a "trouple" setting. (meaning, Alice, Eve and Angelina would be a 3-people couple) Need I remind you that Eve is NOT meant to be an NTR adversary. She is a love interest, just like the other girls and whether you'd like to share her with Angelina or not won't change that fact. But even that I decided to make optional. So as you can see, there's no NTR, no "stealing", no fucking behind anyone's back, just good old optional sharing. So don't get your panties in a twist, all is well, you're good, everything's fine, you're not a cuck, and that's it.

2.90 star(s) 38 Votes