Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Planning to play the game soon, just wanted to ask if a walkthrough is needed or is the storyline mostly linear?
I guess it's mostly linear.
I'll preface this by saying that I don't know 100% if you can change the overall attitude a character has towards the MC since I've been playing on the same save since I found the game 1-2 years ago so I never restarted the playthrough to see.

My guess is no since you'll need to increase the stats of all the girls to advance the story but from what I remember choices can lead to:
1. Gaining/Losing Points <- Straightforward and important but there are some times where you will have to choose an approach that will give you a point in either Intimacy or Lewdness
2. Gaining Points (usually more) for 1 stat but losing points for the other <- These seem to be very rare
3. Changing some dialogue <- I assume it's mostly for flavor

Reactions: MangoTree

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
So my image gallery is incomplete. Do the little things reappear until you collect them all? And are the ones with no time hints Patreon-only?

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Planning to play the game soon, just wanted to ask if a walkthrough is needed or is the storyline mostly linear?
It is mostly linear, and you can trigger most of the content by just wondering around the house, checking on everyone.
First days will be a bit non-linear though.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey, folks! As I said earlier in the thread I don't comment on leaked versions. I tried to pick out the non-0.6.12 comments and questions, but it was a bit too much of a hassle, so I'll be back when 0.6.12 officially goes public to reply to as many people as I can.

In the meantime, there's a bonus anniversary comic available to everyone here - , go check it out if you're so inclined.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
In recent updates, the story has become a little "darker" and unexpectedly.. I like it.
I mean, I really like the characters and the gameplay, but in my opinion, the plot needed some intrigue and mystery for a long time.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
In recent updates, the story has become a little "darker" and unexpectedly.. I like it.
I mean, I really like the characters and the gameplay, but in my opinion, the plot needed some intrigue and mystery for a long time.
As if being trapped in the middle of nowhere with a demon, a pirate, a magic student who summoned something extremely dangerous, a racist eleven princess, a giant orc who tried to kill you on first sight and a spy is not dark and mysterious enough.
I always think that MC is too calm from the very start. If I were trapped with a succubus I might panic. I might be afraid of rae for a weeks. Yet MC somehow is super confident that this succubus wouldn't kill him or use him for some unknown ritual.

Reactions: Doom Marine

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
As if being trapped in the middle of nowhere with a demon, a pirate, a magic student who summoned something extremely dangerous, a racist eleven princess, a giant orc who tried to kill you on first sight and a spy is not dark and mysterious enough.
I always think that MC is too calm from the very start. If I were trapped with a succubus I might panic. I might be afraid of rae for a weeks. Yet MC somehow is super confident that this succubus wouldn't kill him or use him for some unknown ritual.
While I agree, this is a problem in most fiction - films, books, TV series. Many things, especially concerning relationships and emotions between people like love, trust, deeply seated hatred, take time and come with baby steps - and you cannot show weeks of small steps for hours of gameplay/reading time, unless that was the point of the story itself.

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020
In the meantime, there's a bonus anniversary comic available to everyone here - , go check it out if you're so inclined.
I loved that comic. Especially the bit with Yona and the snake :ROFLMAO:
I'd love to see more cute outings like that in the game too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZanithOne

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I mean, the fact that her powers don't work on him and she's absolutely fucking terrified of him probably helps with that.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
ZanithOne just a small thing I noticed. While all the girl seem to follow a pattern in the logbook.
Blar is the only one who has her info mixed up with her personality on top and her race on the bottom
1683864549540.png

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Only until she finds out MC is no mage.
Besides, she could beat MC easily in multiple ways, without any power.
By that point we've already started to get to know her.
And could she? Aren't we basically invincible when we're in the house? I'm sure she mentions that at one point, and when Lyriel arrives we tank an explosion to the face. That's why her powers don't work on us in the first place; it's not her, it's us.

• Thinking Face

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
ZanithOne just a small thing I noticed. While all the girl seem to follow a pattern in the logbook.
Blar is the only one who has her info mixed up with her personality on top and her race on the bottom View attachment 2614320
However, in this order you can combine both lines to form a proper English language short description, while "pirate captain fun-loving" or "in denial dwarf" would sound odd.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
By that point we've already started to get to know her.
And could she? Aren't we basically invincible when we're in the house? I'm sure she mentions that at one point, and when Lyriel arrives we tank an explosion to the face. That's why her powers don't work on us in the first place; it's not her, it's us.
Maybe she cannot use her magic on you or kill you in anyway, but she could certainly beat you.
screenshot0035.png
Besides, EVERYTHING you know about magic, about the house, comes from HER. You have virtually no other source of information besides her mind control didn't work on you.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes