Apr 16, 2021
yes I did that but where do i put it? do i nred to open it and installed? its an ".rpy" something.. thanks
You just have to unzip the file, and then you put the extracted file named "Unlocker.rpy" in the "A House in the Rift" folder named "game".

In the future,you can deduce by yourself these kind of things by just taking a few seconds to observe : as a matter of fact, when you open AHouseInTheRift-GU-Mod.zip with a Zip app, you can see the folder structure : in that case the file named Unlocker.rpy is found in the AHouseInTheRift-GU-Mod.zip folder named "game". That means that once extracted, this file has to be put in the equivalent folder of the real game.

Restart "A House in the Rift" once you have put Unlocker.rpy in its game folder for it to be taken into account : there should be a button or text to lock and unlock the gallery in the "Scene gallery" menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunner

polekas

Jun 20, 2020
I'm stuck with Lyriel. Need Lyriel and Cait in the Living room in the morning (Lyriel's story ch 17) and Lyriel and Cait in Cait's room (Mangra research club pt 2). Finished everything else but Lyriel, unable got get them into the same room. When Cait is having breakfast and I ask Lyriel to go watch TV to get them in the same room, Cait leaves to her room and refuses to elaborate. And they never go into Cait's room. Lyriel stats are 20/20, if that's important. What am I missing? And is there a way to trigger event manually through console or something so I could progress Lyriel's story. Don't really feel like starting everyting from scratch

Painfoler

Nov 24, 2022
I'm stuck with Lyriel. Need Lyriel and Cait in the Living room in the morning (Lyriel's story ch 17) and Lyriel and Cait in Cait's room (Mangra research club pt 2). Finished everything else but Lyriel, unable got get them into the same room. When Cait is having breakfast and I ask Lyriel to go watch TV to get them in the same room, Cait leaves to her room and refuses to elaborate. And they never go into Cait's room. Lyriel stats are 20/20, if that's important. What am I missing? And is there a way to trigger event manually through console or something so I could progress Lyriel's story. Don't really feel like starting everyting from scratch
I have the same problem, try triger Lyriel at libary and cleaning dishes more times. If I remember correct. Don't know how but it trigered for me and at the moment all qvests done.

polekas

Jun 20, 2020
I have the same problem, try triger Lyriel at libary and cleaning dishes more times. If I remember correct. Don't know how but it trigered for me and at the moment all qvests done.
I went through everything several times already. Apparently it was Cait massage event. Had to peek. Completely forgot about it. Thanks

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
The archetype of a Mage is traditionally strong to magic but weak to a good old fashioned punch to the face (Muscle girl chokeholds too).
Sure! But that scene still undercuts Rae's assertion the MC can't be harmed in the house. If Rae asserted the MC couldn't be harmed by magic while in the house that would fit better with the evidence as presented (auto-countering the dominate cantrip, consuming the portal seal, getting choked out). But that assertion would mean physical danger is still dangerous and the MC should act accordingly.

The assumption of invulnerability has grown and is not challenged by anyone in the group. If taken at face value continuity shows the invulnerability is variable to suit plot.

Name356

Dec 30, 2021
Sure! But that scene still undercuts Rae's assertion the MC can't be harmed in the house. If Rae asserted the MC couldn't be harmed by magic while in the house that would fit better with the evidence as presented (auto-countering the dominate cantrip, consuming the portal seal, getting choked out). But that assertion would mean physical danger is still dangerous and the MC should act accordingly.

The assumption of invulnerability has grown and is not challenged by anyone in the group. If taken at face value continuity shows the invulnerability is variable to suit plot.
It's just a way to introduce the fetish of femdom (in a light form), even if it contradicts the "lore" of the game. One of the reasons I don't follow the path of the pirate butch, I´m not interested in femdom. The scenes of Rae fighting MC and dominating her are just stupid. At least the pirate butch is way bigger than MC. And the worst is, Rae doesn't even need to be a warrior, it doesn't add to the character. She has her intelligence and appeal for getting what she want, doesn't need the fists.

In general the MC doesn't have personality or interest, sadly. I don't like to play as him. I get why women would dominate him, but I don't get why women would feel attracted to him. I would prefer if the dev would have made an interesting background for him instead of a generic blank canvas that can behave either as an asshole or a doormat according the choices.

Reactions: suissant

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021

I believe Rae actually means MC cannot be harmed in a long lasting and irreversible way, like dying or losing a finger. He could still be beaten, he would still fill pain and maybe even black out, but he will always recover from that.
In any case, Rae is only a succubus, not a goddess, she might get something wrong.

It's just a way to introduce the fetish of femdom (in a light form), even if it contradicts the "lore" of the game. One of the reasons I don't follow the path of the pirate butch, I´m not interested in femdom. The scenes of Rae fighting MC and dominating her are just stupid. At least the pirate butch is way bigger than MC. And the worst is, Rae doesn't even need to be a warrior, it doesn't add to the character. She has her intelligence and appeal for getting what she want, doesn't need the fists.

In general the MC doesn't have personality or interest, sadly. I don't like to play as him. I get why women would dominate him, but I don't get why women would feel attracted to him. I would prefer if the dev would have made an interesting background for him instead of a generic blank canvas that can behave either as an asshole or a doormat according the choices.
Actually the fighting does add to the character. Rae always prepares for the worse, and rae does her best to keep MC alive no matter what happens. Thus the training, even though Rae doesn't enjoy fighting much.

Well they like you because... Succubus, remember?
screenshot0036.png
MC is you and your background is MC's background.

• Thinking Face

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019

Right. The invulnerability varies according to plot. That was my original statement. There's nothing wrong with that. It wasn't a complaint -- just an observation.

I suspect the reason the MC is bland is so the player has a canvas to project onto. It's a fairly common trope both in interactive media and more narrative media. As a technique, it tends to engage players right up until it doesn't.

Reactions: Name356

Name356

Dec 30, 2021
I believe Rae actually means MC cannot be harmed in a long lasting and irreversible way, like dying or losing a finger. He could still be beaten, he would still fill pain and maybe even black out, but he will always recover from that.
In any case, Rae is only a succubus, not a goddess, she might get something wrong.

Actually the fighting does add to the character. Rae always prepares for the worse, and rae does her best to keep MC alive no matter what happens. Thus the training, even though Rae doesn't enjoy fighting much.

Well they like you because... Succubus, remember?
View attachment 2678720
MC is you and your background is MC's background.
So... the point of Rae as a character is that, since she's a succubus, she would like everybody? If, instead of MC, she would be at the house with any other people in the earth, she would like him/she just the same because she's a succubus? And the same with the other girls, because there is a succubus around? I don't think that would be a good trait for any character, at all. In that case, it doesn´t matter the choices of MC or the kind of person he is, he will get all the girls eventually anyway...

About Rae being a warrior, she's the smallest person of the house. It´s just absurd, she doesn't have the physical strength. And yes, since she's an imaginary character, the dev can give her any trait he wants. She could fly and have lasers in the eyes, for example. But there are rules and conventions even with imaginary characters. A vampire sucks blood, sleeps during daylight and hates crucifixes. A werewolf transforms in full moon nights and becomes an irrational beast that could kill anybody. Other than that is corrupting the archetype of the character. That's why a lot of people hates "Twilight", for example. And a succubus uses her charm and sex appeal to get her way, no physical strength.

The dev wants to make her a 4.7 feet tall, 90 lbs. Bruce Lee? Well, he can, but it's absurd and it doesn't add to the character. She's even more interesting if she's weak, but she trust in her intelligence and appeal to succeed in all kinds of dangerous situations, as an infernal Mata Hari. If it's important for the plot that MC trains as a fighter (although, so far, it isn't), he could train at the house with the 6.5 feet tall 200 lbs. pirate butch, for example. It would make way more sense.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
So... the point of Rae as a character is that, since she's a succubus, she would like everybody? If, instead of MC, she would be at the house with any other people in the earth, she would like him/she just the same because she's a succubus? And the same with the other girls, because there is a succubus around? I don't think that would be a good trait for any character, at all. In that case, it doesn´t matter the choices of MC or the kind of person he is, he will get all the girls eventually anyway...

About Rae being a warrior, she's the smallest person of the house. It´s just absurd, she doesn't have the physical strength. And yes, since she's an imaginary character, the dev can give her any trait he wants. She could fly and have lasers in the eyes, for example. But there are rules and conventions even with imaginary characters. A vampire sucks blood, sleeps during daylight and hates crucifixes. A werewolf transforms in full moon nights and becomes an irrational beast that could kill anybody. Other than that is corrupting the archetype of the character. That's why a lot of people hates "Twilight", for example. And a succubus uses her charm and sex appeal to get her way, no physical strength.

The dev wants to make her a 4.7 feet tall, 90 lbs. Bruce Lee? Well, he can, but it's absurd and it doesn't add to the character. She's even more interesting if she's weak, but she trust in her intelligence and appeal to succeed in all kinds of dangerous situations, as an infernal Mata Hari. If it's important for the plot that MC trains as a fighter (although, so far, it isn't), he could train at the house with the 6.5 feet tall 200 lbs. pirate butch, for example. It would make way more sense.
No, the point about the succubus is she emanates an aura that increases libido in others. The MC has no male competitors and the women generally seem to prefer heterosexual activities. So they glom onto the only male present. As a wise woman once told me: "Where the clitoris goes, the heart follows".

• Thinking Face

Name356

Dec 30, 2021
I suspect the reason the MC is bland is so the player has a canvas to project onto. It's a fairly common trope both in interactive media and more narrative media. As a technique, it tends to engage players right up until it doesn't.
Totally agree. The problem is the choices only allow you to be a childish asshole that is rude and pretends to be in control of the situation and being a powerful mage when he should know the lie is going to blow up really soon, or to be a doormat that only says "Yes" to anything the girls say, in order of making the plot progress. That's not an attractive canvas to project onto.

Last edited:

Name356

Dec 30, 2021
No, the point about the succubus is she emanates an aura that increases libido in others. The MC has no male competitors and the women generally seem to prefer heterosexual activities. So they glom onto the only male present. As a wise woman once told me: "Where the clitoris goes, the heart follows".
So yes, MC is going to get the girls anyway. If MC were fat, bald and ugly, he would get the girls anyway, including the succubus, since there is a succubus around and she emanates the aura, and he has not competitors. That's not an interesting premise, I'm afraid... :cautious:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Totally agree. The problem is the choices only allow you to be a childish asshole that is rude and pretends to be in control of the situation and being a powerful mage when he should know the lie is going to blown up really soon, or to be a doormat that only says "Yes" to anything the girls say, in order of making the plot progress. That's not an attractive canvas to project onto.
I tend to disagree. You can be a blowhard if you want, but the other option isn't a yes-man. I play the MC as generally calm and respectful of others' autonomy while insisting on my own. There are almost always choices to admit your ignorance which I generally take. There are usually choices to decline and/or delay any request until I want to pursue it.

I would like the situation to be a bit more sandboxy, especially once the capability to travel to your home world appears (inviting the different women on dates at your whim) but I can understand the difficulties on building all the environments, conversations, and whatnot.

The biggest thing I think is missing once that occurs, however, is the MC is completely unconcerned about contacting his family and friends, discovering news reports on the original incident, or even discovering his own current status! The MC literally fell off the face of the world for months by this point. Is he reported missing? Is he assumed dead? Does a copy of him still exist here and the MC is merely an echo? Is there a large crater where the energy research institute was? Are his friends and family OK or should he be mourning them?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
So yes, MC is going to get the girls anyway. If MC were fat, bald and ugly, he would get the girls anyway, including the succubus, since there is a succubus around and she emanates the aura, and he has not competitors. That's not an interesting premise, I'm afraid... :cautious:
Well, the are lots of other games that way. *shrug* No game is enticing to everyone.

There's no indication one way or the other that the aura is powerful enough to overwhelm all preferences. I prefer to assume the MC is attractive enough in both physical looks and personality that the women are merely pushed towards their predispositions.

Name356

Dec 30, 2021
I tend to disagree. You can be a blowhard if you want, but the other option isn't a yes-man. I play the MC as generally calm and respectful of others' autonomy while insisting on my own. There are almost always choices to admit your ignorance which I generally take. There are usually choices to decline and/or delay any request until I want to pursue it.

I would like the situation to be a bit more sandboxy, especially once the capability to travel to your home world appears (inviting the different women on dates at your whim) but I can understand the difficulties on building all the environments, conversations, and whatnot.

The biggest thing I think is missing once that occurs, however, is the MC is completely unconcerned about contacting his family and friends, discovering news reports on the original incident, or even discovering his own current status! The MC literally fell off the face of the world for months by this point. Is he reported missing? Is he assumed dead? Does a copy of him still exist here and the MC is merely an echo? Is there a large crater where the energy research institute was? Are his friends and family OK or should he be mourning them?
What initiatives does MC consciously take? Except to peep at the shower and things like that, when girls allow him, I mean. How he makes the plot advance? He only says "yes" to initiatives that the girls propose. And he only gets laid because of the succubus "aura", apparently... Also, it seems that he doesn't know about half of the things that happens in the house around him with the girls. He's the MC but he's not even the most important person in the house. Rae is. He's important just because he, for some unknown reason, has a power that he even doesn't understand or knows where it comes from. The girls need him to be able to go out of the house. If not, he could stay in her room and die, and the girls would just continue their lives. That's not an attractive MC to play as.

And yes, MC has such an uninteresting life that he doesn't even care about what he left behind. His life isn't even interesting for him!

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021

Rae was created as a magical being, and has been trained for thousands of years maybe, so I wouldn't be surprise that she is the best warrior in the house.

There are rules and conventions, but unfortunately people don't always agree on them, especially these imaginary characters could come from different tales of people in different places. For what I know, a succubus does use magic, right? So she could be wielding those weapons mostly by magic. She could be punching your face with magic.
And for what I know, in some rules a succubus is fundamentally evil, lying, cheating, charming peoples with magic, and feeding on people's life force. MC could be dead as soon as Rae found out he is not mage.

I agree Rae is over powered, almost all mighty. I personally think it is alright. But to each their own.

It is not important to train MC as a fighter. This training is just a not so vital event about Rae.

• Thinking Face

Name356

Dec 30, 2021
There's no indication one way or the other that the aura is powerful enough to overwhelm all preferences. I prefer to assume the MC is attractive enough in both physical looks and personality that the women are merely pushed towards their predispositions.
Well, we don't know. We don't even know if MC is handsome, intelligent, or has some abilities that could make him an attractive person for the opposite sex. He's just a blank canvas, as you say. I don't know, he could be an athlete and have an excellent physical condition. Could have a military background and to be brave and skillful. Could be a doctor or a scholar and be wise and cultured... Or any other thing you could imagine. He could be an adventurer and end up in the house in the rift because he was exploring an ancient tomb, Indiana Jones style, and suffer some kind of curse... But he's nothing. Probably just a boring and bored salaryman, since it seems the dev is Japanese.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes