ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Just wondering if the armpit sex scene with Lyriel has gotten to an armpit licking scene in the last few updates. One can hope lol.
Imma be honest, more exotic/niche scenes are a kind of a pain point. Our animators usually spend a week or more on a single animation, and spending that much time on a scene that will be appreciated by five percent of our audience at most just doesn't make sense. So we very rarely add scenes without a broad appeal. Such is life.

what about the Itch website? will there be an update there too? I have the game there and don’t want to download a new one every time, it’s easier through the Itch launcher
Itch free version generally gets uploaded about a week after we upload it on Patreon.

Still waiting for a Facef*ck from Naomi since the "dont mind if i bite ya" scene..
:unsure: Hm-m-m...

Or Intimacy points are kinda...pointless?
They kinda are, but not completely. And the scenes are usually locked behind the lewdness points. Intimacy points mostly affect the dialogues.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
...Our animators usually spend a week or more on a single animation
Am I understanding this correctly, you're saying a single animation (i.e., one sex act) takes a full week (or more) of work? And they are using HS2, not like creating this stuff from scratch in a 3d modeling suite, right?

That seems... hard to believe. Unless they are brand new to doing it which clearly shouldn't apply here (unless you started out doing it all yourself then outsourced.)

Scorpio2002

May 12, 2021
It's a great game I ❤ the game but the size the SIZE it's becoming unreasonable for the size compared to additional game play for the redownload need a work around the size the size

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Imma be honest, more exotic/niche scenes are a kind of a pain point. Our animators usually spend a week or more on a single animation, and spending that much time on a scene that will be appreciated by five percent of our audience at most just doesn't make sense. So we very rarely add scenes without a broad appeal. Such is life.
Glad to see that.

I don't know how many times I have had a game that I loved ruined by the addition of all kinds of niche content until that content became what the whole game was about. No shade on people who are into whatever, there's a wide selection of games catering to every of taste out there. Unfortunately there are also people going around demanding dev's to feature their favorite content in just about every game, and the dev's usually cave to those demands. I think Zanith and one other dev are the only I've seen refuse.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Random thought, but I noticed that MC always has to be in physical contact with the girls when returning to the house from their ether walks- is it ever said what happens to them if he just... doesn't hold them?
So can I take Yona and Blair on a field trip and then just... not hold their hand on the way back? Asking purely for science, I swear

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Game won't launch for me anymore with the new update. Linux version, downloaded from the rpdl torrent.
Can't vouch for the torrent version and the linux build. The windows build is working fine, tho.

Am I understanding this correctly, you're saying a single animation (i.e., one sex act) takes a full week (or more) of work? And they are using HS2, not like creating this stuff from scratch in a 3d modeling suite, right?

That seems... hard to believe. Unless they are brand new to doing it which clearly shouldn't apply here (unless you started out doing it all yourself then outsourced.)
We're very nearly making the animations from scratch. The studio is more of a liability than help at this point, but we're not just going to switch to Blender halfway in.

It's a great game I ❤ the game but the size the SIZE it's becoming unreasonable for the size compared to additional game play for the redownload need a work around the size the size
As I mentioned earlier, we are working on a launcher/patcher, but it's coming late in the year at the earliest.

Reactions: AhrimanH

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Random thought, but I noticed that MC always has to be in physical contact with the girls when returning to the house from their ether walks- is it ever said what happens to them if he just... doesn't hold them?
I believe the answer is they will still go back, it just wouldn't be very comfortable.
The example I can remember is crash landing with naomi in the middle of ocean:
screenshot0054.png

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I believe Rae says something along the lines of it making things easier, with regards to guiding MC across the Ether. Since he isn't familiar with Naomi's ship it'd be like trying to find a specific asteroid with just a telescope and a slip of paper saying it's brown.

Coming back should be relatively easy for them regardless, since the House has it's claws in each of 'em. If it was as easy as just dropping them off back at home the House would be a lot emptier.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Glad to see that.

I don't know how many times I have had a game that I loved ruined by the addition of all kinds of niche content until that content became what the whole game was about. No shade on people who are into whatever, there's a wide selection of games catering to every of taste out there. Unfortunately there are also people going around demanding dev's to feature their favorite content in just about every game, and the dev's usually cave to those demands. I think Zanith and one other dev are the only I've seen refuse.
I've seen quite a few "refusing" (more: ignoring) calls for fetish X. But otherwise I agree. And I also don't get the callers. Of course when playing a game we all hope for certain content with character X (doesn't have to be a controversial fetish or similar) and won't get it because there is only so much that can realistically fit into a single game, and there's plenty of fish out in the sea where I can satisfy my urges. More importantly to me however, I have certain kinks myself and I see devs doing them "wrongly" all the time because they obviously aren't into them as I am, so they wouldn't know what precisely it is that people love about this kink (let's ignore for now that even those enjoying the same "tag" wouldn't necessarily agree what precisely it is they like). It's like asking your favorite band to make some jazzier music, or some more heavy, or give it a country touch with a didgeridoo and a bagpipe: if they themselves don't "feel" it, the result may technically be heavy metal country jazz (with didgeridoo and bagpipe) but won't sound at all like what I wanted because it just isn't their music.

Reactions: AhrimanH

AtomicBoy

Dec 12, 2018
In my opinion, a game that had a certain secrecy pattern and good sex scenes can now only boast a cliched plot and worse sex scenes. In my opinion, this is the downfall of a good game. In fact, I've been feeling it for a while now and even though I would love to come back to this game, I'm disappointed. And I know that someone will soon say that the author is probably doing everything in his power to be able to give us a very good product, but the effectiveness is decreasing and what made this game shine, I don't want to discover it now.

Caet_C

Formerly 'Teranty'
Oct 11, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is a dream in space. There's a box in the infirmary, what's the code? Well, or how to find out.

Oct 17, 2020
There is a dream in space. There's a box in the infirmary, what's the code? Well, or how to find out.
Multiple dreams. And I mean it. The code is spread across the dream, but in different places and in different times. You have to take note of what you choose to do first and then change the order. It's quite interesting. And the scene after is...interesting

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Seriously, this game needs a faq now.
The code is generated randomly everytime you start a new save. There is a small guide for this.
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-house-in-the-rift-v0-7-6r3-zanith.29627/post-4332168
Basically, you want to go to Living Quarters first, find the code, then roll back (or load a save, or start the dream again sometimes later) and this time go to medbay first.

Reactions: Caet_C

Squarblesport

Nov 9, 2020
OK- different question. (And I spent 10 minutes searching this thread). Please, what is the in-game gallery unlock code. (dirtypair is not it). Please and thank you!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ro09
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes