kghky

Oct 13, 2019
1. Look in the background of the pictures. In each room you will find a piece of clothes. They are only there at specific time of the day and not everyday
2. Try it during the day. You should get a message that you can dream about it.
3. Check the OP
What is "op" and where is it

RVNSN

Drunken Pirate Skirtchaser
Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
ZanithOne, it's about time for me to catch up on the progress of A House in the Rift, but I was just talking about it, specifically your animations, over on the Mist thread, if you wouldn't mind popping over there and clarifying things.

percypoasdo

Jul 14, 2017
anyone have a savegame that is near the end or at the end of last update. i have lost my save and playing through this game is a pain since i resently finished it ... altho this game is great replaying it would take so long again.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Love the game buts its starting to get a bit too dreamy for me....too many dream related events and not enough actual progression with the girls...well 2 of them have plenty of content but the other 2 not so much. I understand one of them is still new though but kaits been around awhile now.
Like I said, I love the game and this gripe won't stop me from playing each update. Just my opinion.
Not sure how I feel about the upcoming android stuff...that seemed to come out of no where lol.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
ZanithOne, it's about time for me to catch up on the progress of A House in the Rift, but I was just talking about it, specifically your animations, over on the Mist thread, if you wouldn't mind popping over there and clarifying things.
I'd rather keep the talk about my game here, I don't think it's appropriate to do that in a thread for another game.

First things first, there seems to be a misunderstanding. All the animations in my game are pre-rendered, it's all just images and video files. My game is a pretty basic RenPy VN when it comes to graphics. When I was talking about "realtime" render, I used it as synonym for "rasterization". What I meant is that I'm unable to do some advanced 3D stuff due to the limitations of a Unity-based editor that I use for my renders.

Most 3D editors use raytracing for the final rendering. Raytracing is much more accurate and better than rasterization in almost every way, but is much slower. Rasterization is a fast, but very inaccurate way to render a 3D image, mostly used in realtime 3d games (hence me saying "realtime" rendering). Same goes for physics, realtime physics engines usually can't handle realistic soft bodies and dynamic clothing well, and there are other restrictions. And the editor I'm using is an older one, so it's even more limited.

And this is not really about the game or my editor anymore, but I think it's very cool that the two separate ways to do 3D rendering are starting to blend in nowadays, RTX provides limited raytracing capabilities to realtime 3D engines, and Blender 2.8 introduced Eevee renderer for the realtime or almost-realtime rendering with some very advanced features. And if anyone cares to learn more about all that, you can start by going to and and then exploring further.

Love the game buts its starting to get a bit too dreamy for me....too many dream related events and not enough actual progression with the girls...well 2 of them have plenty of content but the other 2 not so much. I understand one of them is still new though but kaits been around awhile now.
Like I said, I love the game and this gripe won't stop me from playing each update. Just my opinion.
Not sure how I feel about the upcoming android stuff...that seemed to come out of no where lol.
I understand why you feel that way. Lyriel's starting arc was supposed to be a bit shorter, and the droid in the dream wasn't supposed to be a separate update at all. Unfortunately, I've been struggling with writing and general productivity lately, so it turned out like this. There will be two more updates without much in the way of girl's stories, one filler update with lots of bug fixes, and then the one with the introduction remake. After that we'll be back on track to continue the actual storylines (and adding remaining main cast characters).

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I understand why you feel that way. Lyriel's starting arc was supposed to be a bit shorter, and I the droid in the dream wasn't supposed to be a separate update at all. Unfortunately, I've been struggling with writing and general productivity lately, so it turned out like this. There will be two more updates without much in the way of girl's stories, one filler update with lots of bug fixes, and then the one with the introduction remake. After that we'll be back on track to continue the actual storylines (and adding remaining main cast characters).
It's funny, I really like the dreams. There are so many things you can do with them that you can't in the 'real' world, especially when you consider they're stuck in the house. The only complaint I have is that he doesn't get Lyriel's permission to enter her dreams like he did with Rae and Naomi (and hopefully Cait soon too).

Reactions: hukutka94

thornum

Dec 29, 2019
a good surprise, a multiverse as a backdrop, an anteroom in Ether. adventurers passing through, who join forces during an adventure ... It reminds me a lot of Max Fray's writes work: "Chronicles of Echo". an excellent saga of heroic fantasy / science fiction.
I'm only at the beginning (arrival of Caithlin), but look like a fun game.thanks for this little nugget !!

Reactions: ZanithOne

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I'd rather keep the talk about my game here, I don't think it's appropriate to do that in a thread for another game.

First things first, there seems to be a misunderstanding. All the animations in my game are pre-rendered, it's all just images and video files. My game is a pretty basic RenPy VN when it comes to graphics. When I was talking about "realtime" render, I used it as synonym for "rasterization". What I meant is that I'm unable to do some advanced 3D stuff due to the limitations of a Unity-based editor that I use for my renders.

Most 3D editors use raytracing for the final rendering. Raytracing is much more accurate and better than rasterization in almost every way, but is much slower. Rasterization is a fast, but very inaccurate way to render a 3D image, mostly used in realtime 3d games (hence me saying "realtime" rendering). Same goes for physics, realtime physics engines usually can't handle realistic soft bodies and dynamic clothing well, and there are other restrictions. And the editor I'm using is an older one, so it's even more limited.

And this is not really about the game or my editor anymore, but I think it's very cool that the two separate ways to do 3D rendering are starting to blend in nowadays, RTX provides limited raytracing capabilities to realtime 3D engines, and Blender 2.8 introduced Eevee renderer for the realtime or almost-realtime rendering with some very advanced features. And if anyone cares to learn more about all that, you can start by going to and and then exploring further.

I understand why you feel that way. Lyriel's starting arc was supposed to be a bit shorter, and the droid in the dream wasn't supposed to be a separate update at all. Unfortunately, I've been struggling with writing and general productivity lately, so it turned out like this. There will be two more updates without much in the way of girl's stories, one filler update with lots of bug fixes, and then the one with the introduction remake. After that we'll be back on track to continue the actual storylines (and adding remaining main cast characters).
This is understandable and more common than ppl think. Atleast you are doing something while you're trying to work out the struggle. Some devs take the coward way out and don't let their fans/supporters know that they're having trouble with writing the plot and just vanish for months at a time without a word.
Runey I believe just experienced something similar to this few months ago and was upfront about it. I look forward to what ever you come up with and as I said before, it was just a gripe and won't stop me from playing the game. :p :cool:

RVNSN

Drunken Pirate Skirtchaser
Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
Right on, thank you for that clarification. I'll have to look into some of that to learn more.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Sigh, Rae is way too CUTE! Also, Dota, nice! is that a TI9 or TI4 match?
Oh, I noticed a typo: when cooking a chocolate cake: "Oh, you got some on your finer." -> finger.

Last edited:

Jacobsm

Jun 23, 2019
^... at this point in the game ingredients magically become something else in game after you get them from the refrigerator.

osmifor

Mar 29, 2020
I like the models in this game is there any other game that uses similar models??? hopefully by the same model developer??

May 18, 2019
If it's something behind a patreon code, please don't answer and I don't want to know, but in the "Full of stars" dream, how do you unlock the box in the medbay? Is there a clue somewhere I missed?

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes